Any opinions on this front elevation?

Hi guys,

This is a duplex development I am working on. Any and all feedback re front elevation design is appreciated. Brutal is good :D

Attachments

• Front elevation.JPG
    Front elevation.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 590
I like it.

Are those white rectangles windows?

Timeless Grey is a good colour modern colour to go with Basalt. I think it will end up looking lighter than your picture

I don't like the Grand Piano though. Too yellow for the grey and lexicon. I'd choose another light grey tone from the same colour family as Timeless Grey

I think a Surfmist roof would also look good.

Yep there windows.

yeah I agree I think it will end up being lighter. I was a little concerned there was perhaps a little too much 'grey' theme..but not sure..

Thanks again WM for your comments.

I'd replace the Grand Piano with an almost white grey. Surfmist is a good render colour.

Any reason for the roof-line being like it is, or are you just trying to get a better look?

I'd be disappointed to be buying the one with the lower roof if they were the same price.

Any reason for the roof-line being like it is, or are you just trying to get a better look?

I'd be disappointed to be buying the one with the lower roof if they were the same price.

HI mate,

Its funny you mention this because I did have similar concerns at the beginning, however the research I did in the immediate area showed that this type of design was liked and sold well which is the main reason why we decided to go with it. Also there are a few duplexes with skillion roofs like mine and both sides sold for almost same value, and actually in one of them the 'lower' one sold for slightly more (not that I think it sold for more had anything necessarily to do with the height).

Hey WM I do like that design, I must admit.

Not sure if its too 'out there' for this council, but I do like it.

Is it a design you used in the past?

Hey WM I do like that design, I must admit.

Not sure if its too 'out there' for this council, but I do like it.

Is it a design you used in the past?

Nope just a google 'duplex butterfly skillion' ;)

I couldn't find one with a single garage like yours but you get the idea.

Actually I did find one but it's an odd angle

23a524_0038df14308987320fa97e4b86234743.jpg_srz_608_376_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

of course google! Stupid me. :D

Yeah that last picture is at an odd angle but also looks interesting. Getting some of these designs approved by council is another story sometimes...grrr..

I like it. Dont ask me about colours though, I have no idea when it comes to that side of things.

That butterfly design is looking pretty good to there Myf, I like

What sort of area are you planning to build these Leo?

I like it. Dont ask me about colours though, I have no idea when it comes to that side of things.

That butterfly design is looking pretty good to there Myf, I like

What sort of area are you planning to build these Leo?

Hey Ace,

These pupppies will be going up in a suburb near parramatta in a nice, housing/duplex area. The feasibility worked well 9 months ago when the end sale value was calculated at 850k each. Since then duplexes in the area (thanks to the boom) are now going for 950-1mil plus.:D:D me no complaining.

Fantastic Leo.

You asked brutal opinion, I am not a fan of this elevation, however my opinion does not matter, as you stated this is what people in the area like, so that's all that matters.

Will you be selling these prior to build?? or these holds, and how long will the project take/completion?

MTR:)

Fantastic Leo.

You asked brutal opinion, I am not a fan of this elevation, however my opinion does not matter, as you stated this is what people in the area like, so that's all that matters.

Will you be selling these prior to build?? or these holds, and how long will the project take/completion?

HI MTR,

Thanks for your feedback mate. With regards to the elevation, if it was my ppor i'd probably not have this 'exact' elevation' but like you said if the research shows this is the way to go.. cant really argue :D

We will be holding these after the build, re val, extract equity to join with other equity from other developments to do further developments. lol never seems to end. Human nature...greed..grrrr :eek::eek:

Should be completed in about 9 months max (fingers crossed). Just curious, what elevation for duplex do you personally fancy?

HI MTR,

Thanks for your feedback mate. With regards to the elevation, if it was my ppor i'd probably not have this 'exact' elevation' but like you said if the research shows this is the way to go.. cant really argue :D

We will be holding these after the build, re val, extract equity to join with other equity from other developments to do further developments. lol never seems to end. Human nature...greed..grrrr :eek::eek:

Should be completed in about 9 months max (fingers crossed). Just curious, what elevation for duplex do you personally fancy?

Fantastic work, can not argue with what the market wants. You picked a very good time in the Syd cycle, I am envious. :)

Have you read MichaelW posts on his development in Mona Vale, a good read.

Cheers

If you are holding then consider how the elevation might date. I fear the skillion roof will be soooo 2010s one day :)

I tend to play quite safe and go modern but classic.

So maybe a gabled roof which is very classic with a modern pop out balcony

d10bd0f63d7e14f84619ca4285e6adbe.jpg

I have no feel for your area though so you can probably judge that better.

Fantastic work, can not argue with what the market wants. You picked a very good time in the Syd cycle, I am envious. :)

Have you read MichaelW posts on his development in Mona Vale, a good read.

Cheers

Ill look up Michael's post and have a read, thanks!

With regards to good time in cycle.. well we bought the site RIGHT at the time when Sydney was already underway in the 'boom', but still some room left to secure a good deal if you hurried. We almost missed out on this one (note to self not to negotiate tooo hard in boom markets) but it worked out well in the end :D Most of the developers I know prefer the 'flat but steady' part of the cycle to develop because better to get good deals and costs of consultants, construction etc seems to be lower. I think the major plus is that in the stable part of the cycle you can get some REALLY good sites well below its true value/potential.

to be honest as happy as we are with this project, I cant stop thinking of the project I am planning in Brisbane with the 945 sqm land we managed to get in a prestige suburb 8km from the cbd that can be subdivided, for a STEAL!! Houses in that area (prestige market) today are selling for 950-1mil plus! And that's in this current market. Its playing on my mind...gonna start that soon.. I think (hope) just in time for the Brisbane market to shine:D but even on todays figures it stacks up handsomely...

ok ok couldn't help but show off on this one hehe forgive me :eek:

If you are holding then consider how the elevation might date. I fear the skillion roof will be soooo 2010s one day :)

I tend to play quite safe and go modern but classic.

So maybe a gabled roof which is very classic with a modern pop out balcony

d10bd0f63d7e14f84619ca4285e6adbe.jpg

I have no feel for your area though so you can probably judge that better.

Thanks WM. I agree with you its important to 'future protect' the property with the chosen design. I think on future duplex developments I will stick to your mantra, " modern but classic". I do like the gable roof with pop out balcony and I can imagine it being popular for many market demographics really.

Ill look up Michael's post and have a read, thanks!

With regards to good time in cycle.. well we bought the site RIGHT at the time when Sydney was already underway in the 'boom', but still some room left to secure a good deal if you hurried. We almost missed out on this one (note to self not to negotiate tooo hard in boom markets) but it worked out well in the end :D Most of the developers I know prefer the 'flat but steady' part of the cycle to develop because better to get good deals and costs of consultants, construction etc seems to be lower. I think the major plus is that in the stable part of the cycle you can get some REALLY good sites well below its true value/potential.

to be honest as happy as we are with this project, I cant stop thinking of the project I am planning in Brisbane with the 945 sqm land we managed to get in a prestige suburb 8km from the cbd that can be subdivided, for a STEAL!! Houses in that area (prestige market) today are selling for 950-1mil plus! And that's in this current market. Its playing on my mind...gonna start that soon.. I think (hope) just in time for the Brisbane market to shine:D but even on todays figures it stacks up handsomely...

ok ok couldn't help but show off on this one hehe forgive me :eek:

The reason I have not touched the Brissy deve sites is that I have been told that it is very costly to get the DAs across the line?? I think your timing is good though.

The reason I did not touch Syd is because I can not locate a builder let alone a site and I am out of State too risky for me. I could not even get someone to provide me with a quote for a Syd property I have.

Cheers

Back