Anyone heard of property secrets ?

We live & learn by our mistakes. This one gets put down as a capital loss and gets offset against future capital gains.

True, and Im guessing it will drive the education journey further too so those future capital gains are as large as can be. Could end up a very profitable loss.

I drove by the old PS office today in Leichhardt and saw the new company name.

Question for those who used this company - how did you possibly lose money buying a property (house on big granny flat capable block of land) out in Western Sydney? Property prices are up in many suburbs out that way by 30% or more over the past 2 years.

Even if you paid an extra $30K for renos, a $300K house is now worth $400K+.

I just don't get it. Perhaps someone can enlighten me. If they are feel can post publicly about their experience and share an address and the figures showing how a loss was made.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

Question for those who used this company - how did you possibly lose money buying a property (house on big granny flat capable block of land) out in Western Sydney? Property prices are up in many suburbs out that way by 30% or more over the past 2 years.

I just don't get it. Perhaps someone can enlighten me. If they are feel can post publicly about their experience and share an address and the figures showing how a loss was made.

Scott
Balmain Property Guy
Hmmm.....for starters, this thread was started in 2011. Well before the recent increases in prices, so yes, it is quite feasible that a loss was made by investors.

Add to this that if you held on & sold it now, yes you'd make a gain, but the gain could have been more.

And finally.....I smell a rat. A brand new poster living near to where PS was located, sticking up for them.

Skater, I absolutely hate these guys that throw the net out.... lets find the next victim, one posters, I think we know their angle, you smart cookie you;)

Wow you are a paranoid bunch... I went on one of the PS tours all the way back in 2010/11 when he was just starting the business. My question is pretty valid - how could someone have lost money investing in WSydney?

All my details are on my LinkedIn page. I post under my own name.

Wow you are a paranoid bunch... I went on one of the PS tours all the way back in 2010/11 when he was just starting the business. My question is pretty valid - how could someone have lost money investing in WSydney?

)

Just starting the business? Really?

Just because you post under your own name, does not mean you aren't affiliated with them, you know. What motivation do you have to back them up?

I have no affiliation with the company (PS or new one). I do work in property investment(Qlsd market focus) as my profile shows. Why can't a person just ask a simple question on a forum?

From what I can see, the price of the average house in St Marys/Mt Druitt has gone up from about $300-330K when I was looking out there 3-5 years ago to $450K+ now. So ANYONE who bought a decent property in WSydney has cleaned up as they are up a minimum $100K. I have one investor friend who has bought 3 homes in Hebersham (DIYer) and he is way up. Another has bought 5 and put granny flats on 3.

The only way to have lost money is to have paid too much for the property, paid too much for the reno/granny flat and then sold quickly (for a loss). Is that what some people did?

I am curious to hear a story from someone who lost money and to see the figures as to how that happened...

Yes, especially early posts regarding a sham operator and not regarding such. Why else would you start posting after all this time about Western Sydney and it's rising tide?

Can you also explain why you had your first post back 30/12/11 deleted? I read it last night, but now it's gone?

pinkboy

I'm sorry but anyone who works for a developing company that is peddling "creating wealth" by pushing their OWN developments is just a scam which does not have your clients best interests at heart.

To write on your twitter "Property Investors - these Sunshine Coast (Buderim) townhouses have been flying out the door like hotcakes" and then link a brochure to where people can sign up and make "X" rent

And then the next one is even worse.
Quite possibly the best investment property project we've completed yet up in Queensland. All the Dual Occupancy etc - http://zc1.campaign-view.com/ua/vie...11&n=11699e4c29a4fac&mrd=111cabfdd093e805&m=1

Rubbish

LOL! I like this from the LinkedIn page:

Summary

Property Investor and Property Coach - focus on Queensland, Sydney and USA property markets

Experience

CEO and Founder

Balmain Property and Finance Guy

January 2006 ? Present (9 years)|Sydney, Australia

Professional property investor.

Property Coach? What qualifications do you have? How many properties do you personally have? How many have you personally sold? What is your net worth? What makes you a 'Property Coach' and what can you bring to the table to assist your students?

Did you only start investing in properties in 2006? What makes you a "Professional Property Investor?"

AND IF you are such a great investor yourself and you can help educate others, why this focus on PS, and their dodgy dealings? Surely you'd want to distance yourself from them as much as possible?

Scott

Hi Scott Landlubber posted the below in the thread

We had very unsatisfactory experience with this outfit that operated in Sydney. They keep things too secret. Wanted all cash up front. Not businesslike. We sold the house, took our losses and wrote off the experience. Not recommended. LL

Their rip-off was "medium" in our property experience. We survived it and moved on. Probably cost us $15K. Worst rip-off award for us goes to Ipswich City Council ... now they are real experts. Most bitter taste in mouth award goes to ATO. That was a big one. If ever you read the tax-payers charter keep in mind it's all total BS. You can't win against the ATO unless you're "packer rich". B....d bank award goes to which bank ...but they did make amends and we still do business. Such is life ...LL

Paul Giezekamp (Property Secrets) went into voluntary liquidation when they would have also been making a truckload....why?

Back