Votes: 43 27.0%

Votes: 27 17.0%

Votes: 44 27.7%

Votes: 27 17.0%

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters
I don't want my own children, however I do have a niece and nephew that I adore and am very close to, and couldn't imagine life without! Their mother does all the chores and pays the bills while I get all the fun (although as they get older I plan to contribute to things their mother won't be able to afford such as if there is an overseas school trip or something I'd like to give them the opportunity)! :D It'll be these two who end up inheriting what I am building up however. ;)

Children are the best motivation for investment. Yes, I could certainly invest more if I didn't have 3 kids, but I wouldn't have the reasons to do so that I do now.

Didn't even consider the financial aspect of having kids. Have 2. If Wifey was younger, there'd have been at least 3 (but her +40 and me snipped puts that in the can)

We have 4 kids.
Kids didn't detract from our investing at all.
Actually because of them, we received a lot of money from Child tax Benefits (family allowance). They made it possible to afford to invest as much as we did, sometimes.
Children are only as expensive as you want it to be.
We only bought presents at Xmas and birthdays.Takeout food once a week.Meals at home most of the time.
Yard sales, second hand stores etc are great.

They are all healthy adults now.

Father in Law (early 80s) wants to build student accommodation in Mexico.

To finance it, he approaches the investment he made many years ago. His children.

(Though the land he is building it on belongs to her).

4 kids under 8 and number 5 dues in feb

OMG imagine dinner time! :eek:
It drives me bananas helping with dinner with my niece & nephew once a week. The girl especially sqirms in her chair for ages with a mouth full of food which she won't swallow. Luckily I'm the aunt and it's only once a week so I can bribe them with a Freddo Frog, but every night without bribery... WOAH you guys have patience! :D

Hi Gordon,

They certainly are expensive little critters!

Lessons per week:

Dancing x 3
Band x 2
Basketball x 1
Swimming Lessons x 1

That's not to mention the so called "free" public schooling system with sports fees weekly and camps at $300 plus a pop.

I passed up a very good employment opportunity and threw the towel in on a promising career when I found out I was pregnant with my first.

But yes, we wouldn't swap them for a million properties. :D

Regards JO

My partner and I look at having kids as the personal "recession we had to have" - little buggers will put the missus' out of action as I have my views towards child rearing in the early years ruling out any possibility of child care.

Congrats Dj,

Many happy years ahead for you. Enjoy while they are young and dependant, stay in one spot and don't answer back!:)

Regards JO

Back