Are you Jewish?

• I AM

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I AM NOT

Votes: 76 97.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually; how's this for a weird combo (but you all already knew this :eek:) -

*I'm left handed at tennis (but can serve faster right handed but without the accuracy)
*Left footed at footy
*Right handed at ten pin bowling
*Left handed at casting a fishing rod
*Throw right handed and was a pretty good pitcher as a junior in baseball
*Left handed at writing, hammering and sawing
*Play cricket and golf right handed.
*Can paint houses equally as accurate both right and left handed.

No wonder you are confused :D:D:D

Just joking....................

I am not Jewish, but if I were one, I would vote as "non-Jewish" I guess,
simply the fear of being ostracised for no god-forsaken reason.

But I won't know...

Show of hands, how many wogs on this forum?

Before i get shelled - im a wog.
I'm a "tight-@rsed Scottish git" decendant, as my Pommie stepdad used to call them.:D

My wife is a "clogwog" - half Croatian decendant, half Dutch decendant.

Both of us were born here though.

Last edited:
I reckon there's a good chance I'll have Jewish grandchildren.

My daughters both find themselves very attracted to Israeli men. One is still in Israel, the other was there briefly but wants to return for a much longer stay.

I reckon there's a good chance I'll have Jewish grandchildren.

My daughters both find themselves very attracted to Israeli men. One is still in Israel, the other was there briefly but wants to return for a much longer stay.

Traditionally, Jewish status passes through the mother, not the father. In order for the children to be considered Jewish, a non-Jewish woman will need to formally convert to Judaism.

We have a very close friend where the woman converted to Judaism before she married. I also know of other instances, having grown up in East St. Kilda and Caulfield in Melbourne, many of my school friends were Jewish.

My experience (anectdotal over some 30 years) was that as an ethnicity they are usually very hard workers and very tight as a community and those not academically inclined or driven usually ended up in business, some very successful.

Last edited:
Im a white Black, ambidextrous, non-australian Australian, atheist with Scottish blood.

I guess that explains a bit... :p

I think like every generalisation its just that, a generalisation. With such a massive pool to draw from you will find examples which represent your generalisation, and plenty who will fall outside of it.

Blacky

Oh yeah simtr, moderators can see everything.
For e.g. if someone makes a comment using one profile and the same person logging in with another profile and say 'liking' the above comment....

hahaha :)

lot of that sure does happen here I guess!

Out of curiosity, can moderators see who voted for what in this poll?

From my understanding, it's like any group when they want to help out friends or family.

Just so happens, instead of being involved in the gyprocking or painting businsess and suddenly every claims greeks own all the scaffolding businesses, there were a lot of Jews in the states involved in the finance industry.

There are a lot of people in my religious circle involved in the construction industry, some in a very big, very well known. One mate started a business in Canberra developing, he just brought his brother and cousin on board. I'll be calling him for advice, and my brother in law is interested to team up. 20 years from now there may be a reputation everyone from my background is a wealthy developer, even though the reality is it's a very small handful.

Mostly imigrants who have a friend of a friend trying to find a way to make ends meet from what i've seen. In Peru, a lot of my dads mates are involved heavily in the stained glass business. When they first moved there, they were given a helping hand from one friend and it started from there.

Earlier in the thread I was going to make some jewish jokes but didnt for fear of offending someone, but now that we know we don't actually have any around to offend... :p

Earlier in the thread I was going to make some jewish jokes but didnt for fear of offending someone, but now that we know we don't actually have any around to offend... :p

I've got some good dtraeger jokes. A recent poll has shown that only a minority of forumites are dtraegers so it shouldn't offend many people.

Back