Arrogance on this forum

Agreed I never bag my tenants as long as they pay and pay on time and keep the place well-maintained.

Parents have a commercial tenant who hasn't opened his shop for 6 months but pays every month. We never bag him. Love him in fact. Ironically he's also 24 years old.

Hmmm. I wonder what he sells? :cool:

Agreed I never bag my tenants as long as they pay and pay on time and keep the place well-maintained.

Parents have a commercial tenant who hasn't opened his shop for 6 months but pays every month. We never bag him. Love him in fact. Ironically he's also 24 years old.

He's not running a crank lab out of there is he?

I shouldn't generalise, but there are a lot of people out there rorting the welfare system and I'm one of the people who pay taxes to underpin these people's lifestyles. So it's only natural I have a crack at people on welfare.

I'd hate to take a wise crack at you since you're obviously a very angry individual already. But at 24, what's your view on dole bludgers?

I might not give as much to charity as you do, but I'd venture to guess the taxes I've paid over the years have had a greater contribution to the well-being of society and welfare recipients in general.

i take a swipe at trades as at least 70% of them i have encountered makes an offer in getting cash at a lower rate and trys all kind of things to get it.

a carpenter rightfully admitted to me that he gets paid cash all the time and his accountant said he didn't declare enough when he wanted to get a new ute. So they are rightfully rorting the tax system while ppl like me do an honest living and pay my taxes.

i take a swipe at trades as at least 70% of them i have encountered makes an offer in getting cash at a lower rate and trys all kind of things to get it.

a carpenter rightfully admitted to me that he gets paid cash all the time and his accountant said he didn't declare enough when he wanted to get a new ute. So they are rightfully rorting the tax system while ppl like me do an honest living and pay my taxes.

And did you see that Google paid $74K in tax on $8B Aust income last year?

Tradies have got NOTHING on big business and the super wealthy when it comes to tax avoidance (sorry, "tax minimisation, darling").

But nothing feels as good as kicking tramps, I know!

Last edited:

ATO is just tightening the noose.

Taxable payments reporting building and construction industry

Requirement to report total payments for each contractor for the year. Talk about data matching.

http://www.ato.gov.au/content/00319801.htm

I have no doubt that it won't be long before this requirement will encompass all tax payers.

Cheers

Tradies have got NOTHING on big business and the super wealthy when it comes to tax avoidance (sorry, "tax minimisation, darling").

tax minimization vs tax avoidance are 2 separate things.

google employs far more ppl pays super to their employees, company tax etc. Running multiple farms of servers or data centres are not a cheap business and it provides more jobs to other ppl in the country - insurance, trades, electrical, accountants etc.

The ATO is targeting the building industry for a reason this year -don't talk about one trade -say across australia - how much you think has been under table money.

Google has had a greater contribution on the Australian economy and also on our lifestyle choices in general (don't tell me you don't use Google), than the dole bludger (what has a dole bludger than for society?).

Google has had a greater contribution on the Australian economy and also on our lifestyle choices in general (don't tell me you don't use Google), than the dole bludger (what has a dole bludger than for society?).

Um, Melbournian wasn't talking about dole bludgers, he was talking about tradespeople.

This might come as a great surprise to you, but tradespeople actually do contribute to society.

Our society could survive without Google, it could not survive without electricians or plumbers.

Um, Melbournian wasn't talking about dole bludgers, he was talking about tradespeople.

This might come as a great surprise to you, but tradespeople actually do contribute to society.

Our society could survive without Google, it could not survive without electricians or plumbers.

But how would anyone find them without Google! :D

Yea well I was talking about dole-bludgers and was quoting someone else/responding to someone else.

You must have an uncanny ability to read between the lines.

But how would anyone find them without Google! :D

I reckon there is a great opening for a new product.

It would be like a hard copy of google. Arranged alphabetically. You could just flip through and find the service you required, and the companies that provide them.

I'd make it free to end users, but charge people money to be included in it.

All it needs is a catchy name. Something colour based I think - and you could print the pages in the same colour.

I reckon it's a goer. Just need some investor backing now :p

th

Back