ASX 200 low: Predictions time capsule

as craigs crystal balls clang, i think we will see bottom of the ASX on the 19/5/2009 and it will be between 3150 and 3180 pts this is when the pants fall down. so we can see bottom. ha ha ha.

Also agreeing with pundits here that 4000 support looks broken, heading now (after a brief bounce back) to 3400 (previous minor support plus 50% psychological level drop from all time high). If it tanks through that (probably more than a year away) drops through to 3200 -> 3000 -> 2700 likely.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Just for a laugh I drew a head and shoulders top on a scrap of paper two months ago when we were at 5000, it showed the All Ords dropping to 3200 so I shook my head and stuck it in the corner. It's been sitting next to my pc ever since. Now I'm looking at it with a staight face after seeing the BDI chart thinking if it gets to there the nearset support will be at 2700......and I'm hoping that will be the end of it. :eek:

Might dust off the Barra gear and go check out Lake Proserpine for a while.

You watching Fox? I hate Fox News with a passion. Can only watch a few minutes and then get so riled that I have to take some medication. ....

LOL:D:D:D - great comment. This is why the Health sector is worth investing in along with the Beverage sector (Fosters, Lion Nathan). Drugs and grog are what's required to get through the current market meltdown:D:D

Cheers - Gordon

Ok heres my big prediction....
wait for it.......
its comming..............
I HAVE NO IDEA
Finally a realistic forecast!!!:D

I just don't know how people can make predictions in the current market. It is such a news driven market that ANYTHING can happen, up or down.

This week we have seen the market up 4% one day, down 4% the the next. Crazy by any recent standards.

Fear is driving the market. How long will it last? Who knows...

I'm not sure that the support level 5 years ago has much influence on what may happen tomorrow.

I'm also aware that by any standard, the market looks cheap now... I wish I had more cash available.

Cheers,

Expect XJO to hit a major low in November (could be 3500 or 2800), rebound while the economy hits recession officially, and may form the second bottom (largely like what Y-Man says).

Back