• No

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Yes due to the AFP's involvement

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nothing stopping them from running a drug syndicate from inside the prison. they haven't given up any names, which indicates they are still involved

Of course they are - being dead and all.

So much for the deterrent value of imminent certain death if it still didn't make them give up those names!

Sigh! You didn't read past the first paragraph did you, Strannik?

you do know what a concrete example means, don't you?

it means providing a reference to a case with names, circumstances etc.
the only concrete example in that article was of a girl which they were trying to save from beheading.

unrelated to drugs.

the rest is just water

So much for the deterrent value of imminent certain death if it still didn't make them give up those names!

they certainly won't be running drug syndicate from prison anymore.
also one other thing i would like to see is proceeds of the crime seized in australia.

"I am not requesting of Indonesia anything that Indonesia does not request of other nations where Indonesian citizens face the death penalty," Ms Bishop told The Sunday Telegraph.

"Indonesia has sought and has received from other nations stays of execution for Indonesian citizens on death row, including for drug offences."

You can ask Julie Bishop's office, Strannik. They will have the names of the Indonesian citizens on death row for drug trafficking that were spared the death penalty due to Indonesia's pleas for clemency.

You can also ask Indonesia's Foreign Minister for the names of the Indonesian nationals who are on death row for drug smuggling offences. The Indonesian government is committed to securing their release.

Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno LP Marsudi told the Jakarta Post that the Indonesian government was committed to helping release 229 Indonesian nationals on death row around the world.
'The state is giving assistance by providing them with lawyers and regular visits in the prisons and carrying out diplomatic efforts with local authorities to solve the issue,' Retno told reporters.
She also said President Widodo had ordered all Indonesian embassies and consulates 'to unite the death row convicts with their families as this would be helpful for their psychological well-being.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...are-200-citizens-execution.html#ixzz3ZXKs7EQG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

you do know what a concrete example means, don't you?

it means providing a reference to a case with names, circumstances etc.
the only concrete example in that article was of a girl which they were trying to save from beheading.

unrelated to drugs.

the rest is just water

You can ask Julie Bishop's office, Strannik. They will have the names of the Indonesian citizens on death row for drug trafficking that were spared the death penalty due to Indonesia's pleas for clemency.

You can also ask Indonesia's Foreign Minister for the names of the Indonesian nationals who are on death row for drug smuggling offences. The Indonesian government is committed to securing their release.
i don't need to. you are obviously talking **** that's been published in the media as part of this smear campaign, so i have no interest in continuing this conversation, unless you can provide concrete examples

The Bali 9 found God.
They are having fun in Heaven.
Stop being so selfish, by wanting them to be imprisoned for the rest of their natural life on Earth.

BTW...I'm an atheist
but they weren't.

I reckon that if it was me who was the idiot drug trafficker who got caught, and if I was threatened by my higher-up cronies that if I blabbed my family would be slaughtered, then I would cop my medicine and take the secret to my grave to protect my family - because it was I who put myself in this position and noone else.

How disgraceful that the media turned their funerals into a massive news story for the day yesterday - should have been absolutely no mention of it whatsoever.

Glorifying drug traffickers for a few more ratings to sell a few more KFC ads....sweet.

The Bali 9 found God.
Why is it that so many folks who are in danger, or sick, or are bad dudes and get caught - suddenly find God?

Didn't God make them sick or in danger, or a bad dude in the first place? (actually; that bad dude part was Satan..God was on holidays that day :rolleyes:)

BTW...I'm an atheist
Hey!

That's my religion, too! :)

Let's pray together...

"I pledge, Oh God of Nothing, to live a good wholesome life of obeying the law, not hurting others, helping our planet and generally being a good citizen who is an asset to my community.
Amen, and have a nice day."

There ya go; job done. Loads of free time now to do something useful on Sundays.

Last edited:
Where is an example Beanie Girl, the only example I could find, and the only example given by Julie Bishop is the millions of dollars of blood money paid to get the release of a maid on murder charges in the middle east. But I suppose if a politician says something it must be true.

i don't need to. you are obviously talking **** that's been published in the media as part of this smear campaign, so i have no interest in continuing this conversation, unless you can provide concrete examples

You are implying that Julie Bishop is talking **** and that she was part of the 'smear campaign'. I have merely highlighted what she has said to the Sunday Telegraph.

The Bali 9 found God.
They are having fun in Heaven.
Stop being so selfish, by wanting them to be imprisoned for the rest of their natural life on Earth.

On the contrary Kathryn, Chan and Sukumaran had a 'fierce desire to live' even if it meant being imprisoned for a very long time. They and their families asked only for clemency to live, not clemency to be released from prison. They wanted to continue the many programs they had started in Kerobokan jail. Andrew Chan was setting up an orphanage quietly. Andrew Chan kept it very quiet, he didn't want to be misunderstood so that piece of news that he was setting up an orphanage only came out after his death.

Myuran Sukumaran repeatedly told his lawyer Julian McMahon that he didn't want to die, saying even another two or three years alive would allow him to finish the painting projects he was planning.

While Sukumaran and Andrew Chan were ready to meet their fate in their last moments before execution, both men still had a fierce desire to live.

Mr McMahon said there was much the two men wanted to achieve, with Chan overseeing the creation of an orphanage in the eastern Indonesian island of Sabu, among other projects.

"Several times in the last one or two months, Myuran would grab me by the shoulders and, with half a laugh and with much seriousness too, would say: 'Julian Julian, I don't want to die," Mr McMahon said.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bali-9-...ce-desire-to-live-lawyer-20150501-1mxi7a.html

On the contrary Kathryn, Chan and Sukumaran had a 'fierce desire to live' even if it meant being imprisoned for a very long time. They and their families asked only for clemency to live, not clemency to be released from prison. They wanted to continue the many programs they had started in Kerobokan jail. Andrew Chan was setting up an orphanage quietly. Andrew Chan kept it very quiet, he didn't want to be misunderstood so that piece of news that he was setting up an orphanage only came out after his death.

Myuran Sukumaran repeatedly told his lawyer Julian McMahon that he didn't want to die, saying even another two or three years alive would allow him to finish the painting projects he was planning.

While Sukumaran and Andrew Chan were ready to meet their fate in their last moments before execution, both men still had a fierce desire to live.

Mr McMahon said there was much the two men wanted to achieve, with Chan overseeing the creation of an orphanage in the eastern Indonesian island of Sabu, among other projects.

"Several times in the last one or two months, Myuran would grab me by the shoulders and, with half a laugh and with much seriousness too, would say: 'Julian Julian, I don't want to die," Mr McMahon said.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bali-9-...ce-desire-to-live-lawyer-20150501-1mxi7a.html

At least now their families are able to go on with their lives, instead of having their lives revolve around these two prisoners.

Weren't they breaking the rules by having a phone in prison?
Seems some rules didn't apply to them...

^^^^ yeah its more impoertant to get on with your selfish life than to worry about a family memeber in a foreign prison. How disrepectful of them.:p :eek:

Andrew Chan was setting up an orphanage quietly. Andrew Chan kept it very quiet, he didn't want to be misunderstood so that piece of news that he was setting up an orphanage only came out after his death.

How was he gunna do that? I'd assume he had no money to put in to help? Unless he had a stash put away from his drug dealing days? Do they have phones in gaol? I've got no idea? Never been in gaol myself. Was he going to direct the entire process from behind bars? Tell some minder to pass on what his instructions were? He wouldn't be able to inspect anything or see how it was progressing? He wouldn't even be able to shovel a hole in the dirt! He'd be more of a hinderance than help. Seriously, he'd be as useful as tits on a bull! Whatever!

See ya's.

How was he gunna do that? I'd assume he had no money to put in to help? Unless he had a stash put away from his drug dealing days? Do they have phones in gaol? I've got no idea? Never been in gaol myself. Was he going to direct the entire process from behind bars? Tell some minder to pass on what his instructions were? He wouldn't be able to inspect anything or see how it was progressing? He wouldn't even be able to shovel a hole in the dirt! He'd be more of a hinderance than help. Seriously, he'd be as useful as tits on a bull! Whatever!

See ya's.

They had a phone in jail, that was not permitted, that allowed text messages.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...and-rugby-league/story-fni0cx12-1227325728323

what religion did they go to? If muslim they may have been eligible to apply under the 72 virgins scheme. That sounds like a lot but eternity is a very long time

BUDGET LOSER - Indonesia

"Indonesia will lose 40% of its non-humanitarian foreign aid budget as relations between Australia and our northern neighbour reach new lows. Julie Bishop warned there would be consequences for the execution of the Bali Nine and it looks like this is it. $1 billion has been cut from the total foreign aid budget this year"

BUDGET LOSER - Indonesia

"Indonesia will lose 40% of its non-humanitarian foreign aid budget as relations between Australia and our northern neighbour reach new lows. Julie Bishop warned there would be consequences for the execution of the Bali Nine and it looks like this is it. $1 billion has been cut from the total foreign aid budget this year"

That was the best gift the Bali 9 could give the taxpayers of Australia.

Back