Bath or no bath ? Would you ? Should you?

We're considering ripping our bath out. We didn't have room for a bath and a decent sized shower so went "shower over bath". I hate having to clean the bath if someone actually wants a bath.

Hubby does love having a bath after a big renovation day, but is happy to give it up. Started asking our friendly real estate agent, got as far as "how would it be it we took out the..."

"Absolutely not!!" was her immediate response. In our area, a family will likely buy our house if we ever sell, and we would lose some buyers if we don't have one bath in the house.

This morning there is an advert in the local paper for www.highgrovebathrooms.com and two baths on the back page look very much like the link in an earlier post, particularly one with vertical sides called the Saba stone bath. Was $3999 now $1890.

Just thought the poster looking for that very square sided bath might find this works.

This morning there is an advert in the local paper for www.highgrovebathrooms.com and two baths on the back page look very much like the link in an earlier post, particularly one with vertical sides called the Saba stone bath. Was $3999 now $1890.

Just thought the poster looking for that very square sided bath might find this works.

I think there is a market for Japanese style deep square bath, which will fit into a smaller space and which you sit up in, as opposed to our lie-down style bath. I'm surprised they havent become more popular, because they are much more comfortable than lying down in a bath which is too small. But maybe they use up more water? not sure...

We have had a bath in our ppr for 10 yrs and I've never used it. Mrs R has used it maybe 3 times a yr and hates cleaning the thing!

We have put shower only in our last four 2 bedroom duplexes. All have sold or rented without problems. Having said this, I would put a bath in a 3 bedder but, like others here, dislike shower over bath set ups. Sound like a poll is warranted! I posted a poll a while ago on dishwashers with roughly around 70% loving them and 30% disliking them - so I put them in all our units. I would guess for a 1 or 2 bedder, shower baths vs shower only would be closer to 50/50.

Edit: Have posted poll in Coffee Lounge to get a wider audience

Yep no bath and this allows room for a laundry.

Tenants hate doing washing down stairs in a shared space vs. in their own home / unit..

Bath ... No need , Laundry wins !

Back