Best Area Under $200K with good yield

Thanks for all the replies so far, good to hear everybody's thoughts on this. I have been doing some research on the following areas, any comments muchly appreciated;

Logan - Townhouses
Wagga Wagga
Tamworth
Albury
Elizabeth
Orange

Cheers

Cash Flows

Careful with Orange, heaps of houses are designated as owner occupier only.

For Tamworth, you would only get above 7% on the rougher side of Tamworth, such as Coledale. I think that area is a mix of Housing Commission and Aborigines

I am only looking at places within 1 hour commute of capital cities, so my current search area is Logan and Elizabeth. With Logan a little ahead since the people sick of the Sydney/Melboune price tend to migrate up to the sunshine state

Thanks for all the replies so far, good to hear everybody's thoughts on this. I have been doing some research on the following areas, any comments muchly appreciated;

Logan - Townhouses
Wagga Wagga
Tamworth
Albury
Elizabeth
Orange

Cheers

Cash Flows

Not a bad list ;)

I have property in

Elizabeth (East)
Wagga Wagga (mount Austin)
Not orange (but west Bathurst)

All have been great cash cows, with some growth as well. Not a single day of vacancy for each (touch wood)

Surprised that no one has mentioned Dalby QLD.

Fair few properties under $200k and good yield - 8 - 8.5%. Good chance of CG looking at it's neighbours in Toowoomba and Chinchilla and for the future of energy in the area.

We're getting $275 and $280pw for our properties - values for these came in at $175k and $195k - bit of a drop in vals on paper, but on par with the market by the looks of things.

As always, do your DD.

Back