Bob Carr Resigns

And the Qld Health Minister was asked to resign.
Then the Qld Treasurer Terry Mackenroth resigned the day after the reshuffle.
Then the director general of Qld Health was sacked.
Then Peter Beattie made himself Treasurer.

Labour factions certainly are busy.

Not to mention federally. Word is Beasley is on the out.

Alan Kohler wrote an interesting article some time ago about how union power has been eroded by the working class' rising foray into investment property. Having to service IP debt regularly means workers are less inclined to go on strike.

So I wonder how long they’ll take to axe the breathtakingly stupid vendor tax. Even staunch labour supporters such as unions can see its killing the NSW economy. But I guess they’ll wait a while so as not to embarrass Carr.

thefirstbruce said:
Not to mention federally. Word is Beasley is on the out.

Good. Beazley's a useless leader — no offence intended, Kim.

He was beaten by Howard twice, and is only leader of the Labor party now because no one else challenged him when Latham resigned.

In my view, the majority of the public don't want Beazley as a leader or prime minister.

I believe federal labor is going to fade in the clouds in the future. There is not any good politicans in the federal labor; no policy; even do not understand how to be in politics. Mark had made great point on labor. Labor is goinng no where.. another Beasley loss.

NIF said:
So I wonder how long they’ll take to axe the breathtakingly stupid vendor tax.
Woohoo! I can't wait for that to go! I sure hope it is soon as I have a NSW property to sell soon.

Beazley actually got more votes than Howard in 1999 (or whichever election it was that put the GST in). Not that I'm a fan, far from it!

Good riddance

Carr's policies have had the following detrimental results from not investing enough in infrastructure
- delayed trains
- ageing road network
- poor water quality
- poor water quantity
- less hospital beds
- cuts in education

Sure, we got budget surpluses and the Olympics, but if you don't invest sooner or later the car will breakdown (pun intended).

Maybe we'll get some balance now

Carr is a consumate politician.

He's run down NSW and still got re-elected four times!

He managed to divert the blame for the exit tax to his treasurer.

He's now leaving just before NSW collapses in a heap - so anything bad that happens get blamed on his successor (no wonder he's not handpicked one).

You've got to admire the man!

Where's his investment properties again?

Cheers,

Aceyducey

i haven't been able to catch the news in detail today - although i did hear he has resigned - what was carr's reason for going? asides from a stupid desalination plant (do we live in a desert?), allowing all public infrastructure to deteriorate despite having record budget income and slogging the investors who provide housing for those in need?

in a word: yay :D

lizzie

The real question is... does John Brodgen (state lib leader) have a chance now?

NSW is getting lazy state wise. Change would be good.

Peter 147

lizzie said:
i haven't been able to catch the news in detail today - although i did hear he has resigned - what was carr's reason for going? asides from a stupid desalination plant (do we live in a desert?), allowing all public infrastructure to deteriorate despite having record budget income and slogging the investors who provide housing for those in need?

in a word: yay :D

lizzie

He said he basically had enough after 10 years.

MIT

Back