Brisbane - dates for upcoming lunch and dinner get-togethers

OK Cheers, I'll keep an eye out on this post and confirm with you closer to the date. It will be just myself coming, easier then the 5 of us.
I'm an Aussy, just work all over the place in the offshore diving industry. In liverpool now, working the night shift in a ship yard sorting out a saturation diving system. Takes a bit to explain realy.
Hope to see you then.
Thanks
Dave

Hmmmm, that snuck up on me!

I've been disappointed that the last 3 get-togethers have absolutely bombed, so was wondering whether there's any interest in continuing to organise these meals.

Richard (lukentel) and I had discussed perhaps abandoning meal-focused gatherings and instead having a monthly Friday afternoon "happy hour" (or two). Some property-related businesses might even want to sponsor a jug of beer or two from time to time. ;)

I was thinking of having these somewhere on the CBD fringe; somewhere close enough for those working in the CBD to get to easily, but with free parking available for those who'll be driving in.

So my questions to all of you Brisbane-based Somersofters are:

1) What do you think of the plan to change to drinks?

2) Any interest in dinner this Sunday, even if we decide to change to drinks thereafter?

I've been disappointed that the last 3 get-togethers have absolutely bombed, so was wondering whether there's any interest in continuing to organise these meals.

A reminder that our northside group has been meeting regularly at 7pm on Monday evening now for 3 years. Richard Luke and quite a few others from this forum have been to at least one gathering. At the moment, 4 forumites are coming consistently with a total of 8 to 9 attending regularly. If you are interested please send me a private message. We meet fortnightly in a friend's house in Eatons Hill.

Best thing is that there is no cost/no hidden agendas. The host even provides free coffee and biscuits.

congrats allmine! how do u travel everywhere and make lunches with NB twins? wow..amazing!

Not sure how to answer that?
I have a job which give me 5 1/2 months holiday per year. I got home from the UK (where i currently work) just before our twins were born. I am now in the middle of 6 weeks off so that I can be of some use with our children.
My wonderful better half sees me running of to a social gathering of other investors as being something posative, so she encourages me to do so. There fore I can make lunch, dinner or drinky poos, but I'll have to drive though (shizer).
PS.
There is nothing romantic or exciting about traveling for work, love to have a real job at home. One day................

oh ok...I thought you were female! lol sorry

5.5 mths off is great but I think I'd rather have my other half home everyday even if he can't help out as much.

I am sure you guys are enjoying the twins!

Speaking from experience (my twin boys are nearly 8), getting out and about when they're newborns/babies is actually easier than later, when they're mobile. ;)

Back