Brisbane Wingman or WingWoman Wanted

OK - have done my research and want to buy in Brisbane in next couple of months. Have narrowed it down to Manly and Wynnum area or postcodes 4178 and 4179. Have also narrowed down price which is less than $420,000 and want a house. Does not matter about make up of house as long as has 2 bedrooms plus, 1 bathroom plus and 1 car park plus. Also prefer no renovations to be done.
Wondering if anyone located in Brisbane (and preferably knows the Manly/Wynnum area) wants to spend one or two days with me looking at properties and then have a bit of a brainstorm and nut out which property would be best value? Would renumerate for assistance at $50 per hour.

Cheers, Charlie

OK - have done my research and want to buy in Brisbane in next couple of months. Have narrowed it down to Manly and Wynnum area or postcodes 4178 and 4179. Have also narrowed down price which is less than $420,000 and want a house. Does not matter about make up of house as long as has 2 bedrooms plus, 1 bathroom plus and 1 car park plus. Also prefer no renovations to be done.
Wondering if anyone located in Brisbane (and preferably knows the Manly/Wynnum area) wants to spend one or two days with me looking at properties and then have a bit of a brainstorm and nut out which property would be best value? Would renumerate for assistance at $50 per hour.

Cheers, Charlie

Beach side of tingal rd - pretty obvious though
South of Glenora
Obviously with this budget you may struggle a bit so will probably be best looking near wynnum shops or close to manly border as possible

Really??
I will pay you $5000.00 if you can find one for me in Manly :)

No worries devank. That will give me 100 hours of looking with a wingman or wingwoman or maybe I should call them a wingperson. I'll give you the second choice house which knowing my luck will turn out better than the one I choose.

Wonder if you can engage a buyers agent for $50 an hour?

Been there done that in Sydney and really did not get a feeling as if - wow, we got that under market value. Not to say all buyers agents cannot buy value though.

I reckon I need 10 hours max with someone who knows the area therefore $500. I don't reckon you'd get a buyers agent for that.

South of Glenora
Obviously with this budget you may struggle a bit so will probably be best looking near wynnum shops or close to manly border as possible

Hello strongy1986 - thanks for the post. I will sus out those areas more closely tomorrow. I already gathered that North Wynnum was a bit "strange" so have steered clear of there. As for beach side of Tingal Road, yep a bit higher than the budget allows. Cheers.

South of Glenora

South of Glenora st I wpould not agree.To me one of the best parts of Wynnum is the area east of tingal, north of Glenora and south of Prospect st.

Quite part of Wynnum, new development with units and shops where the old pub was. A cafe at that end of town could really take off and become quite fashionable. Probably could squeeze in for your budget, e.g a cheapie on Southwick at the moement. Proabalu the one on Elm St at mid 500's is the best value on market at the moment. Failing these check out Lota, good parks PCYC and not too far from Manly.

A wealthy home loan company owner has been seen in Wynnum recently according facebook page Wynnum What, he owns the shops etc at Wynnum IGA apparenetly

Mate I will help for free if you want to PM any properties you are keen on..

Hello strongy1986 - thanks for the post. I will sus out those areas more closely tomorrow. I already gathered that North Wynnum was a bit "strange" so have steered clear of there. As for beach side of Tingal Road, yep a bit higher than the budget allows. Cheers.

North Wynnumm especially near the station is a bit dodgy. There are alos a few ok street in Wynnum West bordering on Wynnum. But the Wynnum West stigma will always stall capital growth.

Haig St Foch St probably the pick of Wynnum West.

South of Glenora st I wpould not agree.To me one of the best parts of Wynnum is the area east of tingal, north of Glenora and south of Prospect st.

Quite part of Wynnum, new development with units and shops where the old pub was. A cafe at that end of town could really take off and become quite fashionable. Probably could squeeze in for your budget, e.g a cheapie on Southwick at the moement. Proabalu the one on Elm St at mid 500's is the best value on market at the moment. Failing these check out Lota, good parks PCYC and not too far from Manly.

A wealthy home loan company owner has been seen in Wynnum recently according facebook page Wynnum What, he owns the shops etc at Wynnum IGA apparenetly

Mate I will help for free if you want to PM any properties you are keen on..

Hi ricflair, sounds like you know the area very well and thanks for the post and offering to help for free. That's really nice of you. If I pull something off thanks to help from you maybe a nice few bottles of vino or half a dozen cases of beer?

This is the second time I've researched Brisbane seriously in the last 8 years and each time I get drawn to this area of Manly and Wynnum. This would be a long term hold proposition. I'll PM you the ones I have narrowed it down to.

Back