Bubye KRudd

Same here. She is saying the right things (as you expect of everyone accepting the mantle). Let's hope there is a little substance there.

What intrigues me is that she admitted to being the prime-mover in the coup, having "blood on her hands" to quote Hawkie. I'm not sure how that fits with the "faithful deputy" face she was wearing yesterday.

Hahaha. Well as the faithful (ex) deputy she will now have to don two hats.

One as the Prime Minister of the day and the other as full forward for the Western Bulldogs. :p

She's said, several times that there would be a better chance of her playing full forward for her beloved bulldogs than challenging and being top dog (sic) captaining our country.......hmmm :rolleyes:

Watch out Barry Hall, like Kev, ya might be licking your wounds soon :eek: :D

Ok, so here is the plan ;)

Get rid of Kevin and then we put in the woman, the ABC will cheer her on and we take a survey.

When the surveys says we can win, we call a snap poll and we get another 3 years of all the perks in power, all agree, Yes Comrade :cool:

Ok, so here is the plan ;)

Get rid of Kevin and then we put in the woman, the ABC will cheer her on and we take a survey.
:cool:
It was always going to happen that way,the one item that will stand out now is with the Red Head with blood on her hands is,, she will go down in history as the person left holding the can prior to being the first Lady "PM" to only serve for less than 18 weeks in a slick backdoor one term party..willair..

You reap what you sow.

I believe he deserves all that he's getting.

Maybe you're just a nicer person than I am Lizzie. :)

Colin Barnett feels the same as Lizzie, based on the following:

Rudd took majority of the blame for the insulation scheme failure, when the failure could be attributed more to poor planning by Garrett.

Rudd took majority of the blame for the RSPT bungle, when the bungle can be attributed to poor planning by Swan.

The change is primarily about the ALP's perception that they are dead in the water now under Rudd and that Gillard is a better choice. Secondary is obviously the Rudd style of leadership within the ALP.

I wonder what Peter Costello is doing today?

He's wondering why little Johnny couldn't see the writing on the wall and step aside. At least the ALP got that right.

To believe automatically that all the baggage that is associated with JG will be her undoing is based on the false premise, that when the election finally comes, this broohaha that has taken place will be remembered. The electorate moves on quickly, this will be old news in a few weeks. The past policies will be remembered as Rudd's, not Gillard's. In such a presidential style leadership environment we have, the deputies & other senior members can hide behind the leader and not be tarnished with the same brush.

Secondly, despite what many people view the Labor Party as, the efficiency and the organisation of the ALP and the respective unions which facilitated this change of leadership was ruthless, clean and precise. This was not the Hawke-Keating changeover. Their capabilities will be well and truly be galvanised by this change.

This contest will now well and truly put Tony Abott through the proverbial acid test. If he is as good as some people think he is, now is the time to show it. I actually believe he is underestimated by many, but my concern is that his team has, in cricket parlance, a long tail.

This will be a fascinating next few months.

He's wondering why little Johnny couldn't see the writing on the wall and step aside. At least the ALP got that right.

Ahhh, Rudd didn't see the wirting on the wall either. Leaders never do. Whether that's a result of the character that's required to ascend to that position is also a set of blinders for when things turn sour, I don't know.

Agree BH, Gillard et al did what Peter couldn't. And they did it clinically.

I'm ready to duck your empty beer cans so I'll say it.

I actually thought that Rudd was an impressive PM. He took over the team in trying times (GFC) and I thought he took effective action. He made mistakes but he took action. Alot of people/politicians/business/investors take no action at all.

We all have friends who talk big and do nothing. I'm glad that he gave it a go when times were tough. Some of the strategies were poorly regulated by the Gov, but I don't blame the PM for this. There are other people responsible for these errors in management.

I don't think that the public will like Julia. She will be seen as a ruthless leader. I'm fine with that as long as she gets the job done. People love an underdog but are quick to flip on you when you're on top.

Make sure that you only throw empty beer cans at me, or atleast make sure that the full ones are cold.

Subject: Kevs Report Card

PASS this on! “DUMP the DUD!!!

THIS IS GETTING MOMENTUM

Find below Kevin’s Report card for 2008, 2009 and 2010.

Mark of F ++++++++
· Save the whales – FAIL++++++
· Fuelwatch, $21M – FAIL+++
· Kids Laptops – FAIL+++
· National Broadband Network ($4b-$7B-$43B): To cost about $20,000 a connection – FAIL+++++++
Mining Super Profit Tax – Share Market and Superannuation values crash – FAIL +++++++++++++
· Grocery Watch/Choice – dumped $13 million vow – FAIL++
· Federal takeover of hospitals by mid 2009 if no improvement. – EPIC FAIL+++
· Hospital Reform – just take the money from the States – FAIL+
· Schools Stimulus Infrastructure Program (BEBR - Builders Early Retirement Fund) – FAIL+++
· Bribe to Free To Air TV Stations – FAIL++
· Refugees: how many boats so far? – FAIL+++++++++
· Refugees suspension backflip – FAIL++++
· 2020 Summit - 1000 B&B; minds, $2+m = 9 usable ideas - EPIC FAIL+++++++
· Batts in , Batts out – SUPER DUPER 2 BILLION DOLLARS MEGA FAIL++++++
· Kill off Insulation Industry – FAIL+
· Upcoming Huge Budget Deficit – FAIL++++++
· Mining Tax – FAIL++++++++++
· Childcare Centre Building program scrapped – FAIL++
· Carbon emissions reduction - LPG conversion subsidies phased out – FAIL++
· Carbon emissions reduction (2): household solar rebate axed 9/6 – FAIL++
· ETS - Greatest Moral Challenge of our Time – FAIL+
· Return Schapelle Corby to Australia – FAIL+++
· Fight inflation genie – Oops GFC – FAIL++++
· Taxes up (gas, diesel,transport, alcopops) – inflationary – FAIL+++++
· Arresting Iranian leaders: stunt – FAIL+
· Bank guarantee - over 200,000 accounts frozen from September 2008. – FAIL+++
· Cash Splash 1 –borrowed – FAIL
· Cash Splash 2: borrowed $42B – FAIL
· Work Choices/fair work: awards backflips – tourism/food industry dispensation but farmers will be out of work. –
FAIL+++
· Defence: cut expenditure & build weaponry? – FAIL
· Homeland Security Department – “non-core promise” broken Nov 28, 2007 – FAIL
· The buck stops with me – so where are you? – FAIL+++++++++++
· Tough Decisions – Ahh never – FAIL+++++++++++++
· Securing Murray/Darling water – FAIL+++++
· IVF: cuts. – FAIL++
· Medicare/private health: rebate same/lie – FAIL+++
· Dental scheme: gone 22.Cataract surgery: costs doubled – FAIL++++++
· Superannuation: government needs it more than us. – FAIL
· Home Savers Grant: fizzer, lack of people saving – FAIL
· First Home Owners grant: lifted, inflating house prices – FAIL
· GP super clinics - $275M. – FAIL++++
· Non-compulsory university union fees: voted down – FAIL
· Worker share options – blunder – FAIL
· Ruddbank – FAIL
· Reduce consultancies by $112 million = increase to $800 million (6354 consultancies) – FAIL
· Govt will pay small business invoices on time = takes a lot longer – FAIL
· No nuclear Waste Dump NT – election promise – broken June 2008 – FAIL
· $15 million to rural research & development corporations – election promise – broken May 2008. – FAIL
· A - E reporting on childcare standards & universal pre-school for 4 year olds – election promise – broken June
2009 – FAIL
· ALP Uranium Policy/stance – in tatters. Garrett approves uranium mine. – FAIL
· Diplomacy – Japan – biggest customer – FAIL+++
India – Uranium contract – FAIL .
· USA – conversations (real/imaginary) released to media. – FAIL
· China, May 2009 – “difficult to deal with” Australia led Asia Pacific Body – thud. – FAIL
· Boost funding for aboriginal Legal Aid – lie – actuality = cuts to funding in first budget. – FAIL
· Scale back Intervention – ignored review recommendations. – FAIL
· Homes /renovations for indigenous – not one shovel lifted to date – FAIL++++
· Digital TV –Conroy, 2008, slash $22m from costs of changeover, original estimate $16m now to cost $66m –
FAIL
· Cheaper Better Childcare – Govt regulations will see Childcare costs going up by about $1500pa on July 1,
2010 – FAIL++++++++++
· Internet Filter – FAIL
· Funding Equivalent Hospital Beds – Sorry Kev, can’t sleep in those equivalent Beds – FAIL++++++
Etc
Etc

I like that list Andrew.

Watch out for the Redhead.....
She is as hardcore communist as they come.....and has outright lied about it time and again.

A Super (personal) wealth tax is one of her Holy Grails.
THough I'll bet she will make concessions for Labor voting miners on 150k+.

The past policies will be remembered as Rudd's, not Gillard's. In such a presidential style leadership environment we have, the deputies & other senior members can hide behind the leader and not be tarnished with the same brush.

What...!... even though each and every one of them stood close behind at press conferences/parliament, nodding in absolute agreement of what Rudd was saying.....????

I said it in the other thread...you should be electing a party and it's ideology not the person...it's not a beauty contest....

Anyway, Abbott is far better looking....:D LOL..!

Here is one that won't

Hi,

If Gillard wins then most women will vote for her at the next election which means another 3 years of wasted money and Utopian schemes.

I know a few women with their heads screwed on who wil NOT vote for Julia!

Rudd came across as a limp little man, Gillard (at least to me) has always appeared to be a hard nosed, butt licking, two faced, ambitious individual. I was actually surprised to find out that she was in a hetrosexual relationship.

What concerns me is that IMHO, the Libs don't seem to have anyone with the balls to oppose JG.

there's an interesting article here...... http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2935792.htm

:cool:

So glad he's gone!!

Can't believe our luck today - no more Ruddy!!!!! At least now everytime I turn on the news I won't be subjected to 'Well, you know something' and the patronizing way he used the word 'folks'.

Pride comes before a fall - and Rudd has certainly fallen hard.

Serves him right!! No sympathy from me. Can't believe he cried!! He could certainly dish it out but couldn't take it himself.

Suck it up Rudd!!!

A Super (personal) wealth tax is one of her Holy Grails.
THough I'll bet she will make concessions for Labor voting miners on 150k+.

I wonder if a wealth tax or death duties tax is an inevitable thing with the population ageing and with an ever growing services sector? Kev was probably unlikely to implement it with his $60 million fortune, and was content with trying to dream up a great big new tax for business.

Not that I'd like to see death duties, but at least it would be a fair tax on everyone, unlike Kevs other revenue schemes he dreamt up like the ETS and the RSPT which just effected a few people greatly and was a noose around the economy.

See ya's.

Hi,

If Gillard wins then most women will vote for her at the next election which means another 3 years of wasted money and Utopian schemes.

I know a few women with their heads screwed on who wil NOT vote for Julia!

Hi Jasa,

I know a few that won't vote for her either, the other 97% will though :(

Watched the TV last night, they interviewed 3 successful women, all of them said it was "nice to see a female prime minister".

If it had been a man chosen, would the men interviewed have said "it is nice to have a male prime minister" ? of course not !

I know a few that won't vote for her either, the other 97% will though :(

I disagree. As many women (who can't think) who vote for her just because she's female will probably be offset by the number of men (who can't think) who won't vote for her because she's female.

Watched the TV last night, they interviewed 3 successful women, all of them said it was "nice to see a female prime minister".

It is nice to see a female prime minister, I think I even said this. Doesn't mean I am going to vote for her.

If it had been a man chosen, would the men interviewed have said "it is nice to have a male prime minister" ? of course not !

You can not be serious with that comment. :rolleyes:

What...!... even though each and every one of them stood close behind at press conferences/parliament, nodding in absolute agreement of what Rudd was saying.....????

and you can bet that abbott will be bringing it up every moment he can.

Back