Caesarstone - Arris edge issue??

Definitely the pencil round on the edge of that one, it will show a much tighter joint as less material is removed compared to the arrissed edge detail (in a different fashion).

Sorry I meant how they joined it, not the finish. My apologies.

I should have said this is the style of join they have done

and that's what I meant .the example clearly shows a joint line along the edge of the piece ,yours shows a gap filled with silicone or similar .

the join in the photo I showed initially is the outer join between the bench surface and apron end. it runs from one side of the bench to the other.

I'm pretty sure that's the config of how the bench was joined.

Hah, I'm getting the same as next door.

I think I have confused the issue myself with the nomenclature. I'll take some more photos this arvo to show what the setup is.

I'm not expecting to see any joins.

Cheers!

WillB

There's several different edge details around:

arriss - 45 degree chamfer taken off the edge
pencil round - small radius
bull nose - 180 degree radius
half bull nose - 90 degree radius
shark nose - tapered edge

All suited to different uses.

I think it should be arrised by my understanding. Not pencil round. I'll check up.

But the two pieces of stone should be joined the same way for pencil or arris yer? ie mitred cut and join?

I think it should be arrised by my understanding. Not pencil round. I'll check up.

But the two pieces of stone should be joined the same way for pencil or arris yer? ie mitred cut and join?

same joint just different edge finish , also take a shot from the side to show the mitre ,it will help

Good result, William. And good on that site super for doing the right thing.
Regardless of the type of join, the point is, it really shouldn't be visible.

Here are some photos of the bench in question (note - I understand two 20mm pieces are attached, and the joins on those are fine, I am referring to the join between the vertical apron end, and the benchtop).

I couldn't get into next door as we have tiles going in, but you cannot easily see any mastic or joins whereas on this one, you really can notice it.

Attachments

• 2014-09-04 16.30.05.jpg
    2014-09-04 16.30.05.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 442
  • 2014-09-04 16.30.13.jpg
    2014-09-04 16.30.13.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 430
  • 2014-09-04 16.29.28.jpg
    2014-09-04 16.29.28.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 743
  • 2014-09-04 16.29.44.jpg
    2014-09-04 16.29.44.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 252
Here are some photos of the bench in question (note - I understand two 20mm pieces are attached, and the joins on those are fine, I am referring to the join between the vertical apron end, and the benchtop).

I couldn't get into next door as we have tiles going in, but you cannot easily see any mastic or joins whereas on this one, you really can notice it.

clearly a crap joint ,too short and filled with compound

Back