Calling all SA people, advice pls ?

Hi, i've managed to get approval for construction loan, i got 20k redraw etc, i've decided to put a house on my 700 sqm block indicated bellow forsale..

i dont want to knock the front asbestos house down as it is still in good condition and can fetch a rental, i've decided to go with a steel frame house in the backyard and later on knock front [15-20 years] to built double story.

what are my choices in terms of builders, do you have any tips for steel frame housing, tile or colorbond since its a hammer head house, what are some good designs choices should i consider, i plan to live in it as my ppor and get outa this rental. i am not sure if a budget of 100k would be enough to built 3-2 bath with study or 4th bed but as construction slowing down in 3-6 months time cost of steel would be considerablely cheaper.

also anyonne has built he hebel bricks or enviro bricks ? straw housing ? :p

$100k gets you a bare basic 3/2 house. (empty)
$150k gets you a 3/2 house with aircon, security, curtains, driveway, gardens, heating, shed, wardrobes, pergola, etc (established)

Which builders have you looked at?
Who have you spoken too about building material?
What advice have you received?

Straw makes a very very thick wall. Ramed earth is expensive. Blue board then render is OK. Hebel is good. Brick veneer is easy.

What do you want to know?

Cheers
Graeme

Atti, Quoll is correct. We'll need more information before giving accurate answers. I can't workout from your link where your land actually is. That will determine footings costs. Even with basic footings you'll be up for at least $130k if you want study/4th bedroom.

It's hard to give answers to your other questions. The reason that there are choices is because everyone is different. Tile or Colorbond, your choice. Floor plan will be determined at least by the shape of the land available and the coucil requirements for driveway width and car turn arounds.

Gools

Back