Can landlord has the rights to see the rent application???

If I had 6 applications, I would expect to be able to see all of them to make up my mind.. if the agent was not willing to do this, I would choose another agent. My agent runs through each application with my over the phone, and from there gives me her feedback and thoughts, in the end I decide who gets accepted.

I really want to know how can you make up your mind by seeing the application...:confused: Is there any particular info that you are looking for that can help you with your decision?

All along I thought the reference check is the core component in the tenant selection process, so I have never asked for the application because I don't think it is that much use. As the agent is the one who does the reference check, then shortlisted down to 1 and tell me the good of it and the bad of all others, in that situation, I pretty much have to agree with him regardless there are applications in front of me or not.

Super.

The law has come about to prevent discrimination and is based on the fact that an agent (such as a property manager) acting on behalf of the LL will not discrimiate on tenants (according to whoever put those laws in place)

According to REI training of property managers we are supposed to over rule any discriminating descisions made my the landlord and go ahead and put a tenancy in place against their will.... :rolleyes: As if that is going to ever be implemented in reality. Nice theory though!

Back