Carb-Nite Solution

Some friends and I are using Kiefer's Carb-Nite Solution for 1 month.

This thread is to document changes to our physiques because of the diet.

I dont need to lose much weight but am doing the diet to support my friends.

Meals have consisted of:

2 x - 5 bacon rashers, 3 eggs, 1/4 block of cheese, 1/4 stick of butter, 3/4 kilo of spinach.

2 - Turkey mince, mushies, 1/2 capsicum, baby spinach, 2 types of cheese and 1/2 an avocado.

Lots of fat. Zero carbs. Mmmmmm.

Attachments

• Weights 31.7.13.jpg
    Weights 31.7.13.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 249
  • Patient 1 - 31.7.13.jpg
    Patient 1 - 31.7.13.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Patient 2 - 31.7.13.jpg
    Patient 2 - 31.7.13.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 266
  • Patient 3 - 31.7.13.jpg
    Patient 3 - 31.7.13.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 303
Are you guys seeing something I am not?
The pics are of 3 different people, or is that not obvious by the body anatomy?

Are you suspect 1 or 2 Maxwell?

I thought they were progress shots or something :confused:

Just read it again and it is 3 different people.. :D

Hey, im not used to looking at male bodies, give me a break!!! :)

Sounds like a weird mash up of food and flavours for no real good reason.

That said, I have replaced white rice with cauliflower rice. Really, really tasty.

I thought they were progress shots or something :confused:

Just read it again and it is 3 different people.. :D

Hey, im not used to looking at male bodies, give me a break!!! :)

Wow.

I am 1.

Thanks Richard. Ive been Keto on and off for a few years. Good points in your post.

Are you guys seeing something I am not?
The pics are of 3 different people, or is that not obvious by the body anatomy?

Are you suspect 1 or 2 Maxwell?

My mistake – and a blatant one too. I have to admit I only took a squiz at the thumbs and assumed it was in reverse order of progress pics.

Shouldn't skim/reply to coffee lounge topics at hyper speed between working, should I?

I'm looking very much forward to seeing (actual) progress in this topic over the next month.

2 x - 5 bacon rashers, 3 eggs, 1/4 block of cheese, 1/4 stick of butter, 3/4 kilo of spinach.

Gag!

Btw, if you're picture #1 you don't need to lose any weight at all. In fact, you have such a healthy looking body I don't know why you'd go stuffing all that grossness into it!

Good health?

I subscribe to a good old fashioned balanced diet with actual ingredient combinations that make sense, rather than following fads.

And any meal that includes 1/4 block of cheese and butter comes under the definition of a fad.

Paleo diets I can understand. Good, natural protein. A few bits of veg and unrefined grains. But just chucking a load of things in a pan because some youtube video says it is good for you doesn't really make sense.

What's unhealthy about this?

The Carb Nite Solution - Low Carb

Summary:

This diet was created by John Kiefer. Essentially, you go 9 and ½ days ULTRA low carb (30 grams or less). On the evening of the 10th day you carb load! Pasta, Pizza, Ice Cream, Doughnuts, or whatever your little carb-hungry self has been craving. The next morning you go back to Ultra Low Carb, but each week (you pick the day) you get another Carb Nite!
This is not a “cheat night.” You are not allowing yourself to just cheat because you are craving carbs… The SECRET to the diet is in the carb nite. You are using this night to spike your insulin for 6 to 8 hours. This keeps your hormone levels in “fat burning zone.” It also ensures your body is not moving from using fat for energy to muscle. Your body will start stripping itself of fat, keep your muscle, and if you are lifting – guess what? Protein helps build muscle – and what are you eating? PROTEIN!!! So you can build muscle (not required – but nice!), keep the muscle mass you have and keep stripping the fat off your body! And NOTHING is off the menu – just if it’s high carb – you just have to save it till your carb nite :)

^^^ that's the biggest load of bunk i've heard in a long time.

it works if you've been training the same way for 10 years.

it doesnt work for a 6 month crash course.

What's unhealthy about this?

The Carb Nite Solution - Low Carb

Summary:

This diet was created by John Kiefer. Essentially, you go 9 and ½ days ULTRA low carb (30 grams or less). On the evening of the 10th day you carb load! Pasta, Pizza, Ice Cream, Doughnuts, or whatever your little carb-hungry self has been craving. The next morning you go back to Ultra Low Carb, but each week (you pick the day) you get another Carb Nite!
This is not a “cheat night.” You are not allowing yourself to just cheat because you are craving carbs… The SECRET to the diet is in the carb nite. You are using this night to spike your insulin for 6 to 8 hours. This keeps your hormone levels in “fat burning zone.” It also ensures your body is not moving from using fat for energy to muscle. Your body will start stripping itself of fat, keep your muscle, and if you are lifting – guess what? Protein helps build muscle – and what are you eating? PROTEIN!!! So you can build muscle (not required – but nice!), keep the muscle mass you have and keep stripping the fat off your body! And NOTHING is off the menu – just if it’s high carb – you just have to save it till your carb nite :)

So it's an Atkins with a binge day then?

Back