carbon tax thread

So, what you're saying is Tony will go where the vote is. That's a typical Liberal strategy. To not have strong policy, but to get votes by saying the earth is flat, then he'll go that way. If he gets votes by saying the its round, he'll change.

As for Tony having a degree and an Oxford scholar or whatever. That's also traditional for Libs, where as Labor are usually career politicians or come out of the unions (much less these days tho). But Hawkey did both.

Tony Rabbitt (should b two t's:)) back-flipped because like most politicians except anyone in The Labor party and Malcolm Turncoat, he is listening to the majority and actually understanding that the MAJORITY of people do NOT want this CO2 Tax and are questioning man-made Climate Change and Global Warming.

Rabbitt did NOT bend over to Bob Brown, Windsor and Oakeshott- THAT much is obvious. Which way did Julia bend?

Regards JO

OK, where does one start? Unis are full of lazy, privileged Lib voters' kids doing art degrees. Always has been.

hehehe. this is the group GreenLabor target for support mate. naive financial dependents who have no idea how the world works and expect daddy to provide shelter while they get on with thinking how to make humans fit into Marx's superior view on everything. GreenLabor realize these kids transition smoothly from dependence on Daddy to dependence on a Nanny State.

the inner west of Sydney is slowly but surely being overtaken by Easter suburbs and north shore right wing Lib voters trying to look hip and edgy.

make up your mind.

For the first time, in the last fed election, the previous very left seat of Balmain almost had a Liberal win. A sign of whats happening to the inner west left seats.

No mate, it was a sign of how NSW State Labor have continued to screw up year after year. Why is that? What is it about Lefties that make them atrociously feckless financial managers?

There are more vegie gardens, chooks, sustainable living, creeks and parks in my electorate than in the outer suburbs (where i grew up, so ive seen both sides of the fence). Even my kids school has organic gardens and chooks.

So personal anecdote features heavily in your factual view of the world?

Tweens? Isnt that age 9 to 12 or something? What are you on mate?

My mistake. I thought it was a fusion of teens and twenties. Boy, if I only lived in a hip and happening suburb full of twenty somethings, I'd be more up on this stuff.

But you havnt addressed my reply to your initial post of lefties being financially illiterate at all, even thio they mostly live in more expensive reas than Little Johnnys, Lib voting aspirational classes. You just moved the goal posts. As you have done all along.

Again, do you post anything factual?

Listen, I'd like to give your alter ego a break from having a Socratic dialogue between your selves, but I've got a non Sydney centric life to get on with today.

Almost as scary as the Shooters party (that want into introduce shooting into schools).

Fred Nile (that wants to ban ethics classes ins schools), lets not forget Pauline Hanson. All right wing and all a lot more dangerous that the greens.

Yes - they are scary, but not to the impact that the Greens will have

These discussions are the the Coffee Lounge section. You don't need to read this section.

Yeah, I was just explaining why I deleted my posts, not having a go at anyone for coming in here and having a discussion/argument...I do it plenty, I just don't want to do it here (me personally).

I saw a brief shot of Gillard on the news last night. Was it just me or did she look very tired and a little disheveled?

The cracks are starting to appear....and in her party. :)

Regards JO

....and house prices will come down as no-one invests anymore because of high int. rates, therefore housing will become 'affordable'.....ummmm...hang on a minute...high in't rates = affordable...??? I'm confused....:D

Almost as scary as the Shooters party (that want into introduce shooting into schools).

See.....I dont mind that.

Some schools do archery, firing arrows that tradionally were designed to kill people and in the modern world it is a sport same as shooting. Remember also that shooting is an olympic sport

In fact shooting is more highly regulated with licences, storage requirements etc, Johnny 10 year old isnt going to be walking down the street with his rifle over his shoulder talking to his mate carrying a clarinet :)

I have had police friends tell me that alot of the time they are more worried about finding someone with a bow or a crossbow because they are unlicenced weapons, at least they can run a firearms check on someone if they are going to knock on their door.

I dont see what is so wrong about teaching shooting in a safe, controlled and supervised shooting club.

I saw a brief shot of Gillard on the news last night. Was it just me or did she look very tired and a little disheveled?

The cracks are starting to appear....and in her party. :)

Regards JO

I don't see Julia Gillard as a great leader either but she is much better than the alternative, A John Wayne Howard bum boy :rolleyes: .

212259-tony-abbott-0911301.jpg

So what are you proposing? You seem to have a strong interest in the Liberal party from your previous posts but like your hero Abbot, there is no substance in your posts and nothing clear on what the alternatives are?

The ill-informed scaremonger Tanya Plibersek has been at it again.

Tanya Plibersek on QandA
"Were looking at losing the Great Barrier Reef, looking at losing Kakadu National Park & losing the ability to feed ourselves"

more here

I don't believe the government allow her to comment on climate change.

losing Kakadu? sorry? the wet is wet and the dry is dry - there's no in-between there.

gosh i used to have so much respect for Ms Plibersek and her NRAS campaign.....now, i'm not so sure....

I think they should make her chief spokesperson, she just shows how stupid they all are. :D

The scary thing is some people actually listen to her.:eek: I'm surprised the shops aren't empty today from all the viewers of QandA rushing out preparing for when then SHTF & we have no food left.

losing Kakadu? sorry? the wet is wet and the dry is dry - there's no in-between there.

gosh i used to have so much respect for Ms Plibersek and her NRAS campaign.....now, i'm not so sure....

I believe the government would get through to the people much easier if they didn't say such extreme comments & sold it for what it is, not trying to scare the people into believing their spin or we the people, the planet & also the environment are all doomed. They think were all so bloody stupid.

Looking at the state results, both Oakeshott and Windsor are fairly safe based on their margins, and it also shows these electorates aren't as conservative as you seem to think.

The betting says otherwise.
http://www.centrebet.com/2011/06/10...ite-to-win-key-seats-at-next-federal-election

Seat of New England.

$1.40 COALITION (Lib/Nat)

$2.85 TONY WINDSOR (Ind)

Seat of Lyne.

$1.30 COALITION (Lib/Nat)

$3.30 ROB OAKESHOTT (Ind)

I might even put some money on the Nats. It would be the safest buck I've made for a while. Windsor will get absolutely annihilated.

And Barnaby Joyce is eyeing off the seat of New England in a possible move from the senate. He was born in Tamworth, grew up in Tamworth, and spent most of his life in the area and his girls were born in Tamworth.

Barnaby hates Windsor, and Windsor hates Barnaby. And Barnaby has been hanging around this area often recently.
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...oadtests-new-england-seat-20110727-1i03f.html

During the state election, Barnaby was in town helping out the Nats member flog the long standing independant, and a similar thing happened in Port Maquarie where the independent state member was turfed out.

I'll say the floging Windsor would get would probably break some sort of record for biggest swing. If only it would happen? Windsor will retire of course now that 75% of his electorate hates his guts. He's not totally stupid.

See ya's.

I believe the government would get through to the people much easier if they didn't say such extreme comments & sold it for what it is, not trying to scare the people into believing their spin or we the people, the planet & also the environment are all doomed. They think were all so bloody stupid.

GreenLabor rule by fear not by fact based education. Everything is a CRISIS to them. A crisis is the only way they can convince us to give them more money.

Sadly, GreenLabor leaders don't give a sH$& whether your family has a crisis. There's no tax concessions then, to help each family sort its own crises out.....If it wasn't recognized by a GreenLabor leader, and cannot help them in their career ambition, then it isn't a real crisis.

Last edited:
I'll say the floging Windsor would get would probably break some sort of record for biggest swing. If only it would happen? Windsor will retire of course now that 75% of his electorate hates his guts. He's not totally stupid.

I will stand by this and absolutely eat my own socks after a hard days work in front of all here to see if this does not come to pass. Windsor will retire or be annihilated...I stand firm on this with TC.

And to add...in Evands words...." I see it on the street, I know I live here...it's right";)

I don't see Julia Gillard as a great leader either but she is much better than the alternative, A John Wayne Howard bum boy :rolleyes: .

So what are you proposing? You seem to have a strong interest in the Liberal party from your previous posts but like your hero Abbot, there is no substance in your posts and nothing clear on what the alternatives are?

Hi rachels,

My "interest", as you call it, in the Liberal Party is strong yes. It's called my "Democratic Right". You and I are both entitled to it.

It's something which I feel is being neglected in every policy that The Labor Party is shoving down our throats.

Can you please spell my "hero" Abbott's name correctly and as far as substance goes...where is yours?:rolleyes:

As to alternatives, what are you referring to? The leader? The party? Reducing emissions? How about YOU make it clear?

You may have missed this thread and posts by myself included...so for your clarity, hear are a few links if you have time.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72587&page=54

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=816796#post816796

And again:

Here is a quote to think about:

"We are being asked to buy an insurance policy against a risk that is very small, if at all, and pay a very heavy premium." S.Fred Singer (2000).

Regards JO

I will stand by this and absolutely eat my own socks after a hard days work in front of all here to see if this does not come to pass. Windsor will retire or be annihilated...I stand firm on this with TC.

And to add...in Evands words...." I see it on the street, I know I live here...it's right";)

I SO hope you are right and find it hard to believe otherwise.

Regards JO

Its a discussion, not a vote.

It's so far removed from a discussion it's not funny. People need to listen during a discussion. I commented 600 posts back the left was not listenign to the right, and the right is not listening to the left. Nothing has changed, and nothing will.

Its an internet forum, not the parliament. Why do you keep banging on about this?

Three reasons ;

(i) It's the only way to get a definitive decision so the country can get out of this ongoing political election mode which sees both major parties with 72 a piece political deadlock with no mandate from the Australian people to do anything.

(ii) So we can get some definitive unrefutable facts onto the scene, rather than this ongoing "opinion" and "verbage". Any sentence starting with 'I think' or 'I believe' can then be erased.

(iii) Cos it winds you up. :D

Back