Cast Iron Bath ? does anyone take these away ?

I have a cast iron bath... not a claw foot just a normal looking one..

does anyone collect these things or is it better to just smash it up ?

cheers

I wouldn't mind a fish pond in the back yard I'll give you 10 bucks if you post it for free! (Google maps tells me im only 1173 kms south of brissy ;)

seriously put it in the front yard with a for sale sign and it will dissapear

I recently had a big clean up of an acreage property and that including getting rid of heaps of metal 'things' including a bath. I ended up taking a lot to the scrap metal yard. Back breaking work, but we got about $800 from 3 loads. Those baths are very heavy.

Some councils do the big clean up days once a year.

The fish pond method sounds the easiest though

Yep I just want rid of the thing ... Smashing it is painful and it weights a ton so moving it also painful

Never an easy answer ... That's life I guess :)

Advertise for free in Weekend Shopper under 'Building supplies' or similar. Title the ad 'GIVEAWAY cast iron etc'.
There may just be that person looking for a free fish pond for the back yard.

Have had surprising luck getting rid of stuff through the weekend shopper that would have cost a trip to the dump or needed a skip for.

If you are anywhere near farms or even small hobby farms / horse paddocks, many of these people use old baths for water troughs for cows or horses.

Put it on ebay, 'buy it now' for $1, pickup only.
Someone will come and take it away.
I've done this with garden rocks i wanted to get rid of.
Someone came and cleared my yard of large stones for me :)

Smashed it up..

Wet blanket over the bath and a sledge hammer.. Don't forget the earplugs and safety glasses....

They explode like busting one of those sugar Easter eggs..

Heavy and sharp ! So be careful !

Smashed it up..

"Wet blanket over the bath and a sledge hammer.. Don't forget the earplugs and safety glasses....

They explode like busting one of those sugar Easter eggs..

Heavy and sharp ! So be careful ! "

Sorry Georod, I heard they are as rare as hen teeth and worth a lot of money. seriously.

These are not the stand alone cool baths these look like a normal bath... Nothing funky or cool about them... I have 4 more..

Next time I'll try eBay.. I doubt I'll have any takers...

Back