Chadstone / Ashwood

We want some advice on Chadstone and Ashwood areas close to Jordanvile station. We are looking to buy withing 1 km of Jordavile station.
Do these area have lot of housing commission properties? We are planning to live there. Would really appreciate some advice on this.
Mount Waverley is good but its more expensive than these two area.
Thanks,
MDV,

I know of no major issue with the area. Quite safe as far as I know, especially near Jordanville. Oddly, houses within easy walking distance to the station is actually quite rare, due to the golf course!

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hi,
iv lived in ashwood for 24years grew up there try and get your self away from the scub of jordanville there is alot of housing commisions that train side of high street.

if you can get into ashwood between huntingdale & high street are the best areas near the college & primary schools.

Very quite, alot of older people in the older houses and alot of new development has happened.

Cheers

Thanks a lot, this would really help. We also found somebody who lives there and is not very happy with the area. So we might have to go somewhere else.

Thanks again,
MDV

Thanks a lot, this would really help. We also found somebody who lives there and is not very happy with the area. So we might have to go somewhere else.

MDV,

I wouldn't give up on the area based on your findings so far. Bad neighbours can exist in any suburb and the people you spoke to might just be unfortunate to have a 'problem family' next door.

It's true that the area has housing commission type places and tenants. But it's next to East Malvern and the gentrifying Oakleigh. The location is near the population centre of Melbourne and within 10km of leading universities and hospitals. The top schools in Malvern, Toorak & Glen Waverley etc are outside the suburb but easily reachable on train. Shopping is a choice between the expanding Chadstone or The Glen.

City access is excellent - the Glen Waverley railway line it's on is one of the most reliable and least crowded in Melbourne and roads are good.

These are all facts that can be verified about the area. They are pretty much unchangeable. You would need to be comparing values in this area against somewhere like Burwood which is further out but doesn't have the 'housing commission' history of Chadstone/Jordanville etc.

A bad tenant might incur a cost for you, though selection and insurance may reduce risks. But even if the chance of a bad tenant was double that of another area, the above benefits of the area and its relative value make it something not worth dismissing easily.

Thanks Spiderman,
My husband also says we should not give up so easily as this area has many plus points. We are still thinking. If it was for investment only we would'nt worry so much but we want to live there after some time. we are still thinking.

Back