Chasing yield in Brisbane

I was tossing up between buying a reno/hold in Newcastle or something in Brisbane. I think I'll have to give Newcastle a miss for now as right now I'm chasing yield. I need cashflow.

So the question is, if you had $200,000-250,000 (yes, I know) to spend in Brisbane, with yield being a primary consideration, where would you buy?

I'm looking at townhouses in Logan (and surrounds ie Slacks Creek, Woodridge, Beenleigh etc) with 8% yields. Is this the right way to go? Anything else I should consider?

I'd consider spending more for a dual occupancy house. How does that work in Brisbane, any restrictions on unrelated parties renting such properties?

Cheers

Hi

I don't think you could go wrong buying in the Logan area with the right yield.

Do a search here on Logan and you will see the previous posts on the area.

My take is the Brisbane market will be the next to take off after Sydney and if you talk to the agents there, they will say the same.

Good luck

Hi

I don't think you could go wrong buying in the Logan area with the right yield.

Do a search here on Logan and you will see the previous posts on the area.

My take is the Brisbane market will be the next to take off after Sydney and if you talk to the agents there, they will say the same.

Good luck

Hi Cherry Pro

I have also had discussions with real estate agents regarding my Nerang, Gold Coast area, prices are not rising, however the market is tightening with less stock. This is what happened in Perth eventually there are more buyers than sellers and the prices start to rise. IMO probably a good time for those interested in capturing growth to start researching all these areas.

Cheers
MTR

I was tossing up between buying a reno/hold in Newcastle or something in Brisbane. I think I'll have to give Newcastle a miss for now as right now I'm chasing yield. I need cashflow.

So the question is, if you had $200,000-250,000 (yes, I know) to spend in Brisbane, with yield being a primary consideration, where would you buy?

I'm looking at townhouses in Logan (and surrounds ie Slacks Creek, Woodridge, Beenleigh etc) with 8% yields. Is this the right way to go? Anything else I should consider?

I'd consider spending more for a dual occupancy house. How does that work in Brisbane, any restrictions on unrelated parties renting such properties?

Cheers

Yes lots of restrictions for dual living in brisbane.

Back