Conditions for Tenants

"Jinan" may be married, and Muslim men are allowed to have multiple partners.

Why speculate and assume the worst? Why bring religion into it? These idiots obviously have issues to write an ad like that but mindless speculation about it being a Muslim male with bad intentions or about it being a Muslim male with multiple wives does no one any good.

Why speculate and assume the worst? Why bring religion into it? These idiots obviously have issues to write an ad like that but mindless speculation about it being a Muslim male with bad intentions or about it being a Muslim male with multiple wives does no one any good.
HELLO! I did not bring Muslim to the table, I only answered some of the questions once it WAS brought to the table.

Jinan is a female name I believe, put your pitchfork back in the shed
Nobody had a pitchfork out, except you here.

"Jinan" may be married, and Muslim men are allowed to have multiple partners.
I never said it WAS a Muslim male with multiple wives, I stated that the person who had written the ad (Jinan) MAY be married, therefore there would be a male presence, this was in answer to you stating that the name was a female one. Someone else had already mentioned Muslim men, so I was referring to that post, in regards to the multiple partners (which according to the Koran, they are allowed to have). I never said they DID have multiple partners nor did I say anything about bad intentions.

The advertisement is unclear as to whether it is a share house arrangement, or a 'flat' at the back of the house.

Clearly, if it is a shared house, they will want someone to 'fit' in with the family, but there are some large concerns here that apply whether or not it is a shared house.

No ham/pork - You can't dictate to a tenant what they are allowed to eat. The advertisement states that the tenant would have their own kitchen, so they should be able to eat and prepare whatever food they want.

No alcohol - Unless it is a shared house situation, and a member of the family is a recovering alcoholic, do you have a right to tell the tenant they can't have a drink?

No relationship - If a shared house, you don't want your tenant to bring home a 'guest' to spend the night, but you can't tell them they can't have a boyfriend. If it is a separate accommodation, it is none of your business anyway.

Our orders - This one is just scary! It could mean anything, and is unclear, but at the end of the day, who are they to give 'orders' to their tenant.

In a shared house I think it's okay to say no drugs/smoking and must be female/male. Anything beyond that is not okay.

Not sure my lovely sister would be a good fit... I've seen her room :p

This doesn't appear to be a traditional share house.

But if it was I think everything is up for grabs.

In my days of house sharing, being gay, I wouldn't want to live with a homophobe. If I was a vegan I wouldn't want to live with carnivores. etc etc etc

Recruiting house mates is different to recruiting tenants. I wouldn't want to share a house with a lot of people, but would be quite happy to have them as tenants.

Yes, Illegal in Australia, but they do it anyway, they just don't register the second one.

Possibly...deplorable of course.

I guess each to their own. Perhaps "Jinan" prefers a room mate who closely aligns with her values. I don't see anything wrong with "Jinan" asking for this alignment....But then I am probably more receptive to it as it seems like similar background to myself.

Perhaps "Jinan" prefers a room mate who closely aligns with her values. I don't see anything wrong with "Jinan" asking for this alignment....But then I am probably more receptive to it as it seems like similar background to myself.

I guess much of it depends on whether it is a shared housing arrangement or a completely separate unit at the back of the home.

Back