Cost of strata title in QLD ...duplex

Anyone give me ideas to cost to strata title a duplex in QLD.

And how much time and drama involved, not that it matters, just want to know before hand. :D

I want to borrow money extra to do this straight up.

I heard on the grape vine it was about $15K, but you would need to check with the LGA first. That includes the surveyors, engineers, and council fees. But I think there are other costs as well, like actually the legal papers for setting up the body corp, and getting it registered.

And how much time and drama involved, not that it matters, just want to know before hand. :D

The process is to get the property surveyed. You will have to nominate private and public use areas.

You will need to refer to the DA conditions to ensure that all conditions have been met.

Submit the signed plans with the council for plan sealing. The council fee for Redcliffe is around $1625.00.

Once the Plans have been sealed then you will need to lodge the documentation with the titles office for registration. You will need your community management statement and bank consent organised. This process should cost under $1500.00

I strata titled a triplex for a cost all up of about 7k. Only modification was that I needed seperate water meters cost around $800.00

SURVEYOR charged around $4k
and then the rest in legals , bank valuation , council fees etc.

Didn't take long a couple of weeks for the surveyor and then only 1 week to have aprooved by council (couldn't believe they aprooved it that quickly). Only set back was that my council rates doubled to my horror but the property value jumped about 25% so was worth the exercise.

Was not a difficult process the surveyor took care of everything , recommended a solicitor and submitted everything to council.

I would definitly do it again.

Fast forward to 2014 (almost 2015) and what is the real cost to do this now in QLD? I've been told by a realestate agent in QLD that the prices have been jacked up and it will cost anywhere up up to $30,000 to have each unit moved onto it's own strata title? Can anyone confirm?

Infrastructure contributions can be up to $22k of a 2 bed or less and up to $28k for a 3 bed or more (or land capable of building that many). Different Councils can charge less. The IC's are payable on creation of a title.

Back