credit card points

I have a platinum cc with cba. Mrs w has a bad habit of buying things (mainly clothes and shoes) only to get home and want to return it. just wondering if the points that get racked up on purchases are deducted when an item is returned?. I assume it would but on the statement it just shows up as a credit toward the balance, similar to making a lump sum payment off it

I have a platinum cc with cba. Mrs w has a bad habit of buying things (mainly clothes and shoes) only to get home and want to return it. just wondering if the points that get racked up on purchases are deducted when an item is returned?. I assume it would but on the statement it just shows up as a credit toward the balance, similar to making a lump sum payment off it

I haven't returned anything before.

But you can log onto netbank and click on the little awards icon next to your credit card. That will take you to the cba awards page, you can then click on the tabs up the top 'My Account' than 'Transaction History', hopefully that will help.

Goodluck with the Mrs and the plastic fantastic :)

I love the points rewards - have racked up many many $thousands over the years in rewards - mainly Bunnings or Harvey Normal (can use at Joyce Mayne) ... currently have enough for a new oven/cooktop sitting in my wallet

I love the points rewards - have racked up many many $thousands over the years in rewards - mainly Bunnings or Harvey Normal (can use at Joyce Mayne) ... currently have enough for a new oven/cooktop sitting in my wallet

That must be a really tiny oven/cooktop Lizzie :D:p.

Edit: Just read further down and realised my lame joke has already been made :).

Yea they are a great way to get money for nothing (as long as you pay the balance off). We've had ours for about 12 months and have around $400 worth of reward points. It's not much compared to the total amount spent on the card but it's better than nothing.

Back