Cricket fans on SS?

Yep like watching the cricket.
Only ODI's and Tests. Forget that 20/20 crap.

Been to the WACA on a few occasions.
Best was the day Dennis Lillie kicked Javed Miandad's ****. I heard every word from Lillie and it certainly cannot be repeated here !

What a fiery test that was.

Next best was also at the WACA.
ODI, AUSvWest Indies from memory was 1981.

Saw all the greats from both sides but the real showpiece was Michael Holding running flat out a good 50metres towards the boundary chasing a sky high ball and to catch it perfectly over his shoulder. Looked like he was running on silken cloud and made it so easy.

Quality cricket live at the ground cant be beaten...IMO.:)

Yep, massive Cricket fan. Give me Test Cricket any day. T20 is a great event for the family. Will watch an ODI occasionally and am enjoying watching today's game.

Favourite live memory was first Boxing Day test and second day of First Ashes test at the Gabba last year when Johnson destroyed the Poms. Test cricket does not come any better than that day.

Yep, massive Cricket fan. Give me Test Cricket any day. T20 is a great event for the family. Will watch an ODI occasionally and am enjoying watching today's game.

Favourite live memory was first Boxing Day test and second day of First Ashes test at the Gabba last year when Johnson destroyed the Poms. Test cricket does not come any better than that day.

Yes, Im a big big fan of Mitch.

he is looking like a modern version of DK Lillie.

Love it!

Test cricket has lost the appeal for me unless its day 5 and a close game...happy to watch a full 20/20 game whilst with friends-drinking..

Seems that everyone has a different view.

I'm enjoying Test and 20/20 at the moment but ODI's have lost their appeal

Looking forward to going to the Adelaide test against India in December!

Cricket tragic here.....

I played outdoor and indoor.

Son's now play it.

Watch it.

WACA member

Cousin played for Australia - Test Cricket, Ashes tour to England & World Series Cricket.

Proud cricket tragic. Just bought our Brisbane Heat membership - the kids have adequate attention span to enjoy 20/20. :)

And c'mon, Rick, who's your cousin?

Yes, who is it Rick? I'd be interested to know too! :)

With a bit of Wiki & Cricinfo:
WSC is 1977-79, Ashes tour to Eng is 1977
IF your cousin is also from WA
then it's mick malone or...
ROD MARSH?! :eek::eek::eek:

And c'mon, Rick, who's your cousin?

We'll he's standing in these shot here with.......

FXJ219912_Comp.jpg

100 Years of Australian Cricket. The Australian cricket team relaxes with a few beers in the dressing room after winning the Third Test against Pakistan to take a clean sweep of the series 3-0, at the Sydney Cricket Ground, 11 January 1973.

FXJ218441_Comp.jpg

The first World Series Cricket super team (standing from left) Kerry O'Keeffe, Ray Bright, Wayne Prior, Mick Malone, Ian Davis, Graham McKenzie, Len Pascoe, Rick McCosker, Rod Marsh, Ross Edwards, Dennis Lillee, (sitting) Ashley Mallett, Gary Gilmour, Ian Redpath, Ian Chappell (with bat), Doug Walters, Greg Chappell, Richie Robinson, David Hookes, Max Walker and Bruce Laird at St Kilda Football ground in Melbourne, December 1977.

FXT35522_Comp.jpg

From left are Greg Chappell, Dennis Lillee, Rod Marsh and Ross Edwards.

And the winner is.....tonibell :)
Ross Edwards

I feel for the bowler too.

Imo the worst day ever for Australian cricket.

It is an awful tragedy that Hughes died. Hundreds of batters every year in Australia would get hit in the head (it even happened to Bob Hawke once) - but it is rare (not unheard of but rare) for people to die as a result of their injuries.

This next bit might seem non PC but it needs to be said....

It wasn't the bowlers fault that Hughes was hit in the head. Unless the ball ricochets off the bat or your gloves or something (which it did not in this case - it did for Bob Hawke), you shouldn't be hit in the head playing the hook shot, because the first rule of playing the hook shot is to get inside the line of the ball.

Because that way if you miss completely - you don't get hit in the head.

Helmets and padding that makes you look like the michelin man probably have a lot to answer for in that sense - "I'm wearing a helmet, ergo I am safe".

Your technique is your best protection.

I think parents reading this who might have kids playing cricket etc need to understand that.

This next bit might seem non PC but it needs to be said....

It wasn't the bowlers fault that Hughes was hit in the head. Unless the ball ricochets off the bat or your gloves or something (which it did not in this case - it did for Bob Hawke), you shouldn't be hit in the head playing the hook shot, because the first rule of playing the hook shot is to get inside the line of the ball.

Because that way if you miss completely - you don't get hit in the head.
Nobody's suggested it was Abbott's fault, are they? Clearly Hughesy mistimed his hook shot. What's the point in raising it, though? :confused:

Humans will never be immune from errors.

Back