Cricket World Cup 2015

Anybody booked tickets?

I'm looking forward to Pakistan vs. India game..Tickets were sold out in 12 minutes. However there are a few tickets with strings attached that are much more exxy that ICC are selling. But so worth it. I noticed a few people are bidding on these tickets on ebay/FB while really as per ICC onselling can result in prosecution.

Return flights from Sydney were $355 a year ago and currently looks like $1400-$1600. Insane.

Looking forward to the game and other games. Here is hoping history does not repeat itself in this game and that 1992 history gets repeated in Melbourne :D

Its insane.
As you said, I can still manage tickets to the match, but flying there is not a possibility anymore. So, Wenty's it is (if they telecast it)

I can't work out why Harris is not in the side either. He can even bat extremely well!

See ya's

The look on Michael Clarke's face at the press conference was priceless once he found out there are conditions to his involvement at the world cup.

If you picked Harris you would need two ambo's on standby.

Its insane.
As you said, I can still manage tickets to the match, but flying there is not a possibility anymore. So, Wenty's it is (if they telecast it)

Wenty's? You mean Wenty leagues? Can you get it on Foxtel? Or get one of those Shava TV boxes. Though I expect the quality to be poor on that given the load on internet sites broadcasting across the globe...

I'm inclined to indulge and buy a new 50'' or so TV :$...I love cricket that much. Our current TV was purchased just over 5 years ago on impulse to watch a Pakistan vs. India in Champions Trophy :eek:

Wenty's? You mean Wenty leagues? Can you get it on Foxtel? Or get one of those Shava TV boxes. Though I expect the quality to be poor on that given the load on internet sites broadcasting across the globe...

Yes, Wenty leagues. I watched the last Ind-pak match and Ind-SL final there. The atmosphere was electric!

You will def get it on Foxtel, provide you have the sports package.
The other streaming options are not worth a India Pak match, for that matter any match you Really want to watch.

You can look into the Foxtel play option. No contract. Just get it for two months and then cancel.

I'm inclined to indulge and buy a new 50'' or so TV :$...I love cricket that much. Our current TV was purchased just over 5 years ago on impulse to watch a Pakistan vs. India in Champions Trophy :eek:

Get one, totally!
They are cheap as nowadays. You can easily get a 50" fhd smart tv for under $800

So we went to Adelaide for the Pakistan vs India game. After 4 months of practice in Australia and 2 warm up games in Adelaide, India finally cracked it.

It was a very hot day at around 41 degrees around mid day, though it was much cooler in the Adelaide Oval. Incredible ground!!

To be fair, Pakistan showed up without a plan. It felt like we were in India..not enough Pakistani fans as expected. And the Pakistani team didn't give us enough to cheer about. I would have been happier if they had and I'd have no voice the next day. It was a good experience nonetheless. I hope they will bounce back. I rest my case that Pakistan have won 72 games versus India with their 53. A victory would have been good.

Attachments

• Adelaide Oval.jpg
    Adelaide Oval.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Pakistan made a new record today. 4 wickets down with 1 run! Beat Canada's 4 for 4 record.

Anybody watching??

I reckon NZ are favourites to win the cup!

Pakistan made a new record today. 4 wickets down with 1 run! Beat Canada's 4 for 4 record.

Anybody watching??

I reckon NZ are favourites to win the cup!

I would say the last spot in the group will come down to the final group game between Pakistan and Ireland. Also Younis Khan isn't a ODI player and Umar should just bat. Bring in safraz to keep.

I fully realise that it's hard to change match fixtures of something like the cricket world cup, but for a game like yesterday when it was known for a week before that heavy rain was going to hit Brisbane yesterday, it's a pity that there isn't some flexibility to swap grounds or something?

See ya's.

The (Aussie) organisers didn't move it because Bangladesh gets a point that may put England out of the quarters?

I'm sorely tempted to tip Scotland now for an upset in my tipping comp :)

I would say the last spot in the group will come down to the final group game between Pakistan and Ireland. Also Younis Khan isn't a ODI player and Umar should just bat. Bring in safraz to keep.

Is there hope for the Pakistanis to bounce back??

I don't like their chances against South Africa...but from here on they need to win all 4 games to have any chance!

Totally agree Sarfaraz should keep. Umar Akmal should start winning games. Nasir Jamshed appears to behave he is here for warm ups. Too many 'shoulds'. Iditots..sent back Hafeez and brought in Jamshed whose good for nothing..and Hafeez would have been fit by now! Further, that team has too much dirty politics (just like the country itself).

So disappointed!

I believe final will be Australia vs NZ

I fully realise that it's hard to change match fixtures of something like the cricket world cup, but for a game like yesterday when it was known for a week before that heavy rain was going to hit Brisbane yesterday, it's a pity that there isn't some flexibility to swap grounds or something?

See ya's.

Appears Quarter Finals will have reserve days.

The (Aussie) organisers didn't move it because Bangladesh gets a point that may put England out of the quarters?

I'm sorely tempted to tip Scotland now for an upset in my tipping comp :)

Aussies would much prefer England to remain in the Cup. Better for crowds/ratings, and an absolute gimme for any of the contenders.

Back