dishwasher seal: where? how?

the current dishwasher seal has given way and water is leaking each time I use it. The dishwasher is out of warranty.

Where do I go for a replacement seal? is it easy to DIY?

any assistance appreciated.

the current dishwasher seal has given way and water is leaking each time I use it. The dishwasher is out of warranty.

Where do I go for a replacement seal? is it easy to DIY?

any assistance appreciated.

I also had a problem with our dishwasher,.I didn't realize how close we were to being burned / smoked in our sleep.
One night at midnight the smoke alarm went off in the kitchen,after tracking the source,I found a plastic spatula had got caught in the heater element and was melting.
Another night a month later I went out and checked and found the heater element would not turn off. when I did a search on Google for my brand,I was astounded to find that probably 90% of dishwashers start fires:confused:

I threw mine in the tip,researched and found Bosch to be one of the only ones that haven't started a fire:eek:

My advice,throw it away and buy a new one, or don't have one.

Hi. We had the same problem with a simpson dishwasher. I talked to our local electric guy and he said that on a lot of dishwashers there is an adjustable bolt up under the top where the catch goes in and if I adjust this up a little (I used an alan kay) it will stop the dishwasher from leaking. Saved us a fair bit as seals for this model were not cheap. Maybe worth a try !

Chris.

Back