Votes: 39 25.5%
  • I drink a little on social occasions but dont get drunk

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • I drink a few but avoid getting drunk

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • I enjoy drinking alcohol and getting drunk

Votes: 38 24.8%

• Total voters
OK. I was confused because you actually said............." Looks like 80% dont drink and 20% do................"

I should have said "get drunk" instead of drink alcohol.
This was the same as the first 3 questions in the poll which mean you never drink or might have a few but never get drunk, i.e. enjoy the pleasant warm feeling of wellbeing and think youre smarter than everyone else.

So, getting back to your post, moderate drinkers on average have a higher net worth than heavy drinkers or abstainers.

I tend to agree so we can assume the teetotallers have lower net wealth than those who have a few.

I enjoy an occasional drink, boutique beer, or red wine, but will try white and much more fun if with someone that 'knows their wine' stuff, kinda ends up a bit educational, it interests me, then I forget about most of what they said until next time out..

Nope, no drunkies. Also when I was in Scotland for example, very happy to try a nip'o'scotch.

Also, Japan, with sushi, love a very small saki.

Loved any of the Italian wines, and also the French, beautiful. A BIG plug for New Zealand wine, whatever it was.

Enjoyed some of the micro-brewery beers in USA.

Couldn't wrap my brain around the warm beer-stuff I seemed to end up with in UK. That was a challenge. Loved the German beers.

I would probably average out over a year to 2 x beers, 2 wines a month. (Stubby of beer, a glass of wine, not bottle:) ).

I think it was Winnie Wolfe that asked me a few years ago this question about drinking...

I drink a couple of small bottles of my favorite dark beer each evening before and after dinner. I also drink a glass of organic red wine occasionally too. Both of these drinks provide health benefits, as long as the red wine is preservative free or low and the beer is a good quality one with little sugar and the dark beers are best by far.

Had a Chippie sent to work for me on my building site once, against my wishes as I heard he liked a drink or two. So I asked, how many.

He told me straight faced:

I use to be alcho (alcoholic) but gave it up, now I only drink 30 beers or so a week. :eek:

He was serious.

Peter 14.7

Had a Chippie sent to work for me on my building site once, against my wishes as I heard he liked a drink or two. So I asked, how many.

I use to be alcho (alcoholic) but gave it up, now I only drink 30 beers or so a week. :eek:
He was serious.

Peter 14.7

thats only 3 per night and a couple of sessions on the weekend....what would you expect from a tradie

He was serious.

Peter 14.7

BIL worked as a fencer (not the guys with epees but the guys who put up fences) for a while, and the crew (3 of them, including him) used to go through a 'cube' every weeknight. And BIL would only have 2!!! :eek:

Looks like 80% dont drink and 20% do.

This forum doesnt have many members or get much traffic so I reckon the results are skewed compared to the general community or if the poll was run on other forums. Most here would also be middle aged, straight and conservative which is reflected in the results.
Elsewhere I think it would be closer to 60/40 instead of 80/20.

I would have thought - from the poll - 22% don't drink, but 78% do to some extent (they just don't all binge) .... and then I realised it's been covered (doh)

I only drink once in a while, mainly on social occasions or celebrations. Too busy with property investing goals to get too drunk all the time! haha

I tend to agree so we can assume the teetotallers have lower net wealth than those who have a few.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about the net worth of people of this forum based on their alcohol consumption as 1. the sample is too small and 2. the sample is not random. Because of the very nature of this forum, the net worth of forum members doesn't necessarily reflect that of the general population.

Enjoy a glass of nice red wine once or twice a week, if we have friends over might extend to a three or so glasses. Love a really really good red - not about the alcohol but about the flavour etc.

Was at an event over the weekend (working) - I've been abstaining for a couple of weeks due to temporary health issues - when I said I wouldn't be drinking at all (or having coffee for that matter) it was almost as if some present thought my life was over and it was up to them to convince me to imbibe as much as possible that weekend. I know after giving up alcohol for a few years when I was training hard that I have just as much fun without it (often more as I've got the stories and photos the following morning and no hangover), scary to see people who think you can't have fun without grog.

Should do a poll
Do you smoke
How often do you have sex
Last time I checked it was legal to drink isnt it

Judging by the OP's various comments, I believe this thread/poll was started with the intention of ridiculing forum members. I don't have a problem with this in itself, but I wish he could at least be vaguely intelligent or witty about it.

But, yeah, I don't particularly want to discuss my alcohol consumption with forum members, just as I don't want to divulge that I smoke three packs a day or that I have sex every odd numbered Tuesday.

Enjoy a glass of nice red wine once or twice a week, if we have friends over might extend to a three or so glasses. Love a really really good red - not about the alcohol but about the flavour etc.

Was at an event over the weekend (working) - I've been abstaining for a couple of weeks due to temporary health issues - when I said I wouldn't be drinking at all (or having coffee for that matter) it was almost as if some present thought my life was over and it was up to them to convince me to imbibe as much as possible that weekend. I know after giving up alcohol for a few years when I was training hard that I have just as much fun without it (often more as I've got the stories and photos the following morning and no hangover), scary to see people who think you can't have fun without grog.

Awesome cheering out there mate! I certainly needed it ;)

pinkboy

I havent had a single drop for 7 years. And before that it was 4 years. Im 29, so that makes me 18 since I really had a decent drink!

Just does nothing for me and Im not interested in it! I have very few friends, so its not like Im nossing out on anything!

pinkboy

Judging by the OP's various comments, I believe this thread/poll was started with the intention of ridiculing forum members. I don't have a problem with this in itself, but I wish he could at least be vaguely intelligent or witty about it.

Please quote my various comments where you think im ridiculing others in the questions in my poll or my posts in this thread.

All my comments have been sensible and be assured the poll wasnt started with the intent of ridiculing anyone. I thought the poll was pretty harmless and wasnt taking the pi$$ about anyone being alcoholic or having drinking problems.

I was interested to see if there was any correlation between drinkers and those who invest in property.

PS: I went to log in to reply and found I was banned for trolling so I guess you reported me to a moderator for trolling. Good job I hope it makes you feel important :mad:
Sounds like you hang out for Tuesdays.

Back