• I drink a little on social occasions but dont get drunk

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • I drink a few but avoid getting drunk

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • I enjoy drinking alcohol and getting drunk

Votes: 38 24.8%

• Total voters
I think this poll was missing an option:
"I've been pregnant and / breastfeeding for the past 7yrs, so haven't had much oppertunity to drink and would probably be blotto on half a glass of white wine"
;)

I have sex whenever she wants.

That's why they package condoms in different packages. The three packs are for high-school boys: Fri, Sat, Sun. The six packs for uni boys: 2 0n Fri, 2 on Sat, 2 on Sun. The twelve packs are for the married men: Jan, Feb, Mar..... The old guys are back to the three packs: Xmas, B'day and Dad's day.

You'll just have to use your imagination for us REAL old guys.

Was at an event over the weekend (working) - I've been abstaining for a couple of weeks due to temporary health issues - when I said I wouldn't be drinking at all (or having coffee for that matter) it was almost as if some present thought my life was over and it was up to them to convince me to imbibe as much as possible that weekend. I know after giving up alcohol for a few years when I was training hard that I have just as much fun without it (often more as I've got the stories and photos the following morning and no hangover), scary to see people who think you can't have fun without grog.

The hardest part about not drinking is people nagging you to drink because they can't accept that you can enjoy yourself without drinking. Amazingly, it is very possible.

I reckon I've come across quite a few people in my time that I thought would benefit from a drink... that, or a personality transplant :p.

I'm with Fifth - 'all things in moderation' people appear to be the most balanced.

The hardest part about not drinking is people nagging you to drink because they can't accept that you can enjoy yourself without drinking. Amazingly, it is very possible.

I don't drink. I don't have a problem with others drinking, I've just never enjoyed the taste of alcohol. To me every form of alcohol seems to have a common underlying taste that I can't stand. I don't like beetroot either.

It does annoy me no end that some people who should know better continue to ask me to drink. My lifestyle choice was made over two decades ago yet my brother still tries to put preasure on me to drink. Some people can be complete jerks about non-drinkers.

The funniest part is, on the occassions I have attempted to get drunk (21st & bucks night), I managed to drink most of my friends under the table.

I've also managed to build up a smallish wine cellar from people giving the occassional bottle of wine. Perhaps it'll even be worth something one day.

I've also managed to build up a smallish wine cellar from people giving the occassional bottle of wine. Perhaps it'll even be worth something one day.
_________
Perhaps not, unless your friends are more discerning than mine. Some "gift" wine isn't drinkable by the time you get it - That's why you got it, discount bin. :D

ps I've even bought a bottle of Moet that had gone off. I would only buy expensive wine from a high turnover establishment now.

We drink, like we eat, like the French.

A wine glass or two with dinner or lunch if it is special or we want to relax. As a couple we don't often finish a bottle in one meal. We decant to carafe. The occasional alcoholic ginger beer or cider. A boutique beer or two on a hot day or a meal that matches. Beer puts me to sleep so how that guy who worked for me could do 4 a night every night ( see earlier) is beyond this bloke.

A few (red) wines is good for you

http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/health+healing/news+features/3+good+reasons+to+drink+red+wine+,11681

For those who don't drink we serve sparking water with lemon in the wine glasses. Again a french way to partake in the social event.

Regards Peter 14.7

Perhaps not, unless your friends are more discerning than mine. Some "gift" wine isn't drinkable by the time you get it - That's why you got it, discount bin. :D

ps I've even bought a bottle of Moet that had gone off. I would only buy expensive wine from a high turnover establishment now.

True, ony some improve , you simply need to web search the Winery, Grape, and Year to check if worth keeping or re-gift it on to someone else.

Finding that bargain bottle can be fun, like a bargain IP.

Peter

I think wine had with a special meal, and shared with family and friends, is good for the mind and body.

I took my mother to her eye appointment earlier this year after she had a couple of wines at lunch with friends, and she had the lowest eye pressure reading ever (normally 14 or 15, down to 11 :eek:) - has been tested 6/12 for the last 15+ years.

The doctor said he wasn't at all surprised, and believes his MIL's cholesterol improved by introducing a glass of red wine to her diet 3 - 4 times a week.

He said diet change hadn't worked for her, so she tried that as a last resort to avoid going on meds.

Please quote my various comments where you think im ridiculing others in the questions in my poll or my posts in this thread.

All my comments have been sensible and be assured the poll wasnt started with the intent of ridiculing anyone. I thought the poll was pretty harmless and wasnt taking the pi$$ about anyone being alcoholic or having drinking problems.

I was interested to see if there was any correlation between drinkers and those who invest in property.

PS: I went to log in to reply and found I was banned for trolling so I guess you reported me to a moderator for trolling. Good job I hope it makes you feel important :mad:
Sounds like you hang out for Tuesdays.

I've never reported anyone to a moderator and it's unlikely I ever will. But I can't say I'm sorry that you got banned. Twice.

Red wine is my vice, particularly after performing. Very relaxing and great for encouraging and continuing conversation late at night!

I rekon if this was a forum full of musicians, you'd find that the majority would enjoy a good drop of booze in some form or another.

I've never reported anyone to a moderator and it's unlikely I ever will. But I can't say I'm sorry that you got banned. Twice.

I'm sure Bump will be back but he will learn to use a different nick next time so he isn't detected :D

A bit harsh to ban him though as I never read any trollish comments worthy of a ban. I also couldn't find any comments from him ridiculing alcoholics with this poll.

I like red wine with dinner and getting drunk on vodka, lime and soda which makes me sing karaoke better :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Bump will be back but he will learn to use a different nick next time so he isn't detected :D

A bit harsh to ban him though as I never read any trollish comments worthy of a ban. I also couldn't find any comments from him ridiculing alcoholics with this poll.

I like red wine with dinner and getting drunk on vodka, lime and soda which makes me sing karaoke better :D

No-one said bump was ridiculing heavy drinkers or alcoholics. His snide little remarks were mostly directed towards the opposite, actually.

I had nothing to do with his ban. If you miss him so much, take it up with the mods.

And sure, bump is free to re-register under a new handle. I await his return with bated breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back