Double shower

This true story happened with me a few years ago in one of the new office buildings in Sydney CBD. I worked long hours towards a very tight IT project deadline. One night staying late at work I went to a toilet not to stand up for a minute but to sit down for a bit longer, excuse me for the details, but they are important for the story. As I came in the toilet the light automatically switched on (they had it operated by movement detectors). As I took my time in the cubical behind a locked door, the lights went off automatically (time switch). The darkness was absolute - I could not see the toilet roll, my pants, the door, my own hand - anything. Trying to get into the area of movement detectors I started waving my hands above my head, and making other body movements (with my pants still down) to no avail. Finally, I managed to find a door handle with a tiny light from my mobile phone screen, opened the door, and walked to the main area of the toilet room. As soon as I went out of the cubicle the lights switched on again!

This is a perfect example of poorly applied technology. It comes without saying that sitting in a dark toilet cell I used all the dirty words I know (some of them for the first time in my life) to address people who designed this lighting system. Please don't overuse technology in your renovation projects!

Cheers,

Lotana

That must have been some d*mn good book you were reading!

They probably calculated the longest time anyone had ever taken- and you took longer (hehehe)

here is the stainless shower

/forums/photopost/data/508/1113br1.jpg

[ EDIT: moved image to photo gallery and replaced with image link - Sim' ]

Last edited by a moderator:
no try this one and i must thank geoffw for his help

/forums/photopost/data/508/1113br2.jpg

[ EDIT: moved image to photo gallery and replaced with image link - Sim' ]

Great photos - I think the shower works well. Not sure about the bath though... looks a little too much. Might look better in person though.

July,

If you have all the tiles and sheeting off your bathroom wall already and the plumber hasnt roughed in the pipes for the second shower yet, you may as well get it done cause it wont cost a lot extra than the first shower.

If on the other hand you already have the first shower head installed and your walls are sheeted and tiled than i wouldnt bother, cause to rough in the pipes for the second shower you will have to remove the tiles and wall sheeting possibly re do the water proofing as well. Not worth it in my opinion.

Unless its a high value property in a high value area then it might make a big difference to the prospective tennants.

ps: love the stainless splashbacks

sctpc - what's the flooring you have in that bathroom there ? Is it lino or actually wood ?

sim
the floor is a commercial linio its photo impression print that cost over $600 for that room not cheep but better than tiles.

It looks good (at least in the photo).

Does it get slippery when wet ? Tiles can I know, but usually there is a bit of grip to be had in the gap between the tiles. Surely lino would be a lot more slippery ? Or is there something you can do to it to reduce that problem ?

Hi sctpc,

That bathroom looks great for a rental, imagine not having to tile the walls or floor!

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to complete the whole bathroom??

Glenn

well we hate tiles due to a very expensive mistake in choice so when we built our extension we did not inc any tiles so we had to fid other coverings. the stainless steal is grained so it is totaly non slip, easy to clean easy to do and i like its look.

The floor is as stated above and non slip is kind of dented in the grain like real wood, we were going to use real timber but got told not to in wet areas as the timber would warp so we found this.

And its NOT a rental in the photo its our kids bathroom but I did it to a rental recently and the room went first and its the same as our shower but semi circle.

the cost is about $60 per sheet eg $120 for a shower cheeper than tiles as you just glue it to the wall.

and very easy to clean

Back