Election 2013: 14th Sept - the official thread

Doesn't Rudd have a rather healthy margin?

Do you think Rudd's electorate will vote even more in favour of libs than the national average? Will it swing in greater favour of the libs than other electorates.
Only my opinion from the people that i talk too,a lot of very high end money in that area,Mr Rudd is a player and may well become Labors Leader again prior too the election,because if Miss Gillard stays in place they have no hope..

Only my opinion from the people that i talk too,a lot of very high end money in that area,Mr Rudd is a player and may well become Labors Leader again prior too the election,because if Miss Gillard stays in place they have no hope..

I apply the simply logic of: they have got nothing to loss making this change. They are gunna lose. Rudd has the debate skills to trouble Abbott.

Gillard has no creditability on any thing she says with swinging voters after Carbon Tax.

Peter

I apply the simply logic of: they have got nothing to loss making this change. They are gunna lose. Rudd has the debate skills to trouble Abbott.

Gillard has no creditability on any thing she says with swinging voters after Carbon Tax/MRRT/Back Stabbing Rudd/Thompson Affair/Her Dodgy Union Dealings etc

Peter

Fixed for you.

Gillard has no creditability on any thing she says with swinging voters after Carbon Tax.

Peter
I just think it's more widespread then Labor thinks,and plus Mr Rudd just been sitting waiting when ever there is talk within Labor about him he just plays the dumb card till he has the numbers which he may well already have just the time..

Gillard denied the voters the chance to actually vote Rudd out which is ironic because the voters didnt actually vote her in either. Looking at polling it looks like the voters want Rudd back, partly because it never sat well with anybody how Gillard took him down, and partly to finish the job of actually voting him out.

Either way .... Labor is about to find itself back in the political wilderness for a very long time. Its been an unmitigated disaster regardless of which political alliances you hold. Even the rusted on Labor people shake their heads about how it went so bad.

A bit left field .... but Penny Wong is the best candidate for their leader - actually intelligent, capable, well spoken, open to compromise, genuinely concerned for the country as opposed to her own self interest and for the most part she stays out of the political games. And how many target groups does she tick the boxes for - female, lesbian, mother, Asian - thats worth some serious votes right there.

Abbotts done a good job keeping the fight up to the government as an opposition leader, but Turnbull is the better option as the leader of a government.

Just my opinion.

A bit left field .... but Penny Wong is the best candidate for their leader - actually intelligent, capable, well spoken, open to compromise, genuinely concerned for the country as opposed to her own self interest and for the most part she stays out of the political games. And how many target groups does she tick the boxes for - female, lesbian, mother, Asian - thats worth some serious votes right there.

Just my opinion.

Off topic but I still wonder if Average Australia would ever accept a homosexual PM. Male or Female.

Tolerating is one this, accepting as our leader? A symbolic position.?

but we did have Bob Brown.

PS I am super gay OK but I know many are still not.

Peter

I reckon Wong would be a real 'iron lady' as leader.

While Asian and lesbian tick boxes they also cross her off for Neanderthals, of which there are quite a few in Australia.

Anyway she's a senator.

Off topic but I still wonder if Average Australia would ever accept a homosexual PM. Male or Female.

Tolerating is one this, accepting as our leader? A symbolic position.?

but we did have Bob Brown.

PS I am super gay OK but I know many are still not.

Peter

Interesting question. I think it depends on the person. A 'girly man' gay man definitely no.

As with any minority that attracts phobia the person would need to prove themselves first and their sexuality (or race etc) then just comes over as second. 'He may be gay, but he's one of the blokes' - the thinking of the marginal bigot.

Wong is just 'one of the blokes'.

Turnbull isn't a good politician. Maybe in a few years' time after more experience.

That may be true, but I think after the last few election cycles what Australia is looking for is a leader and not a politician.

What Turnbull may lack in political experience, he more than makes up for in leadership. Unlike many of his peers, he is one of the few in modern times that has genuinely looked to push political ideology to the side and work collaboratively with both sides to make real progress.

..... but yes .... Utegate was an epic fail.

I like these threads.

But does anyone actually think the ALP will win?

The resentment for Labour is palpable across the community. You can't stop tsunami that is coming on election day.

Cycling-Tsunami.jpg

Back