Electronic or paper?

How do you track the activities and to do list in your day?

I have been using a phone that links to my outlook and all appointments and things to do are tracked that way. - but are sometimes ignored.

I'm not good with paper diaries because I tend to forget them, but a friend of mine has encouraged me to use a paper do do list, planner and leave it on my desk. so far, it's working a bit better because I can only throw it out and off my desk once it's done.

I'd like to hear from others how you tackle to do lists and schedules and what works best for you.

I've been using http://www.toodledo.com/ ... although with limited success in the short term (circumstances saw the list just keep growing and not shrinking - but that wasn't the fault of the tool).

I have also been using it as an ideas repository - for all the projects I have on (or on the back burner), whenever I come across an idea I'd like to investigate or implement, I add it to the relevant Toodledo categories as a a future reminder.

I use ToDo application on my iPhone - sounds similar to the piece of paper on your desk Xenia. Find it works much better for me than a regular calendar type view as it just gives me a check list of upcoming events, tasks and appointments, loan payments etc.

My nature is to want to complete tasks so it suits me well - they don't get ticked off and out of the list until I've actually done them. If I'm late they turn red and continue to sit at the top of my list bugging me until they're done!

I've kept just a simple diary of all of my "To Do" stuff since I got married.

Mixing that in with significant emails and data, the diaries will eventually form a stack of tomes that the children and grandchildren can look back on and figure out when I'm gone "ah, so that's how he did it."

I've kept just a simple diary of all of my "To Do" stuff since I got married.

Mixing that in with significant emails and data, the diaries will eventually form a stack of tomes that the children and grandchildren can look back on and figure out when I'm gone "ah, so that's how he did it."

Why not put part of it in book form and sell it.

Another part as "further secrets" for the sequel.

Gotta be a quid in it! Put me down for 1 copy of each thanks.

LOL I think we can safely put to bed any hopes of Daz coming out with a book. Any $ums involved would be chicken feed for him and not worth the time spent. But correct me if I'm doing the proverbial with my a$$umption Dazz. :D

I think we can safely put to bed any hopes of Daz coming out with a book.

Yeah mate, that scratched old nag got knocked on the head and sent to the glue factory before it even got into the starting gate.

Hmmm...glue factory...now there's an idea !! :D

Yeah mate, that scratched old nag got knocked on the head and sent to the glue factory before it even got into the starting gate.

Hmmm...glue factory...now there's an idea !! :D

Rob and I were eating breakfast today, and our conversation somehow went to funerals for pets..and how if we opened a business for having funerals for a dog we would have their music be fire truck sirens (our dog just loves to howl when he hears one) and the cats would have a parade of hamsters rolling down the aisle in their exercise balls.
Wondered if anyone here catered to pet cemetaries for owners who had no where to bury their loved pets?
We used to have a pet cemetary place in our home town (not sure if it is still operating), but I'm sure there is a niche for it here too.

-In my brain, it's still surprisingly good for most things.

-Scraps of (preferably brightly colored) paper, the stuff with sticky-ness on one side.

-Whiteboards at home, I have a thing for whiteboards, seriously, they are a lot of fun. Although my drawback with them is I'm reluctant to wipe older stuff off. So it gets half baked used as a filing system.

-Email, if I am around the place I will email myself something, to remind or something to check up on later.

So, multiple management solutions to a diverse challenge.

Oh, not forgetting Mr OO, universal time and distance Executive Officer. I prefer my solutions rather than being managed to manage though.

I respect and closet admire those that can do the elctronic stuff, I have attempted, it doesn't work so well with my techie level skills... for instance, My Documents is a place to store stuff, my filing system is always beginning with aa or after that fills up, aaarasa, and so on, so whatever I look for I kid myself I never need to go past the letter 'a'.

If it is rams loan for instance, aadarams. If it is Bendigo it will be aaaklabendigo.

Then there is my photography, so it's all stored under things like, aaasummer2011, or aaadsaearlysummer2011.

And yet I get by, it works for me. I've never ballsed up any appointments or things I was meant to do yet. Method in madness.

I am a whiteboard nut! I have 2 large (over 1m square) boards in my office, they are both magnetic so I have attached a calendar to one. When I get my iphone I might try and be savvy enough to use an app....

Joan:
I have 2 large (over 1m square) boards in my office, they are both magnetic

I am envious.

...and I didn't realise there were 'magnetic' whiteboards. I will be going shopping. For my other fetish is our fridges, I admit to storing every magnetic business card thing on them, eg horse dentists to tint-a-car...plus they are brilliant for holding in place latest baby/children pics.

Magnetic whiteboards. I even like the 'sound' of that.

the only time I write to do lists, either electronically or paper, is when I've already done some things.... so I include them and tick them off straight away. Have to have that feeling of havnig achieved something.
I do everything in calendar in Outlook. Any task I need to do, I make an appointment for. I may not do it at that time, but at least i get a reminder, and I snooze it for a day or whatever. i have the computer sync'd to my phone, so I have the item showing up in both.
Pen

i am a paper person thru and thru ... although i find it interesting to surf on the net, i find it much easier to take in information, remember and read "in your face" paper.

Back