Expect building delays - Perth

For those developing/building at the moment definitely expect delays.
My builder is having to pay more just to get them to site, they can pick and choose their jobs at the moment. Damn it.

Yip it's taken 8 weeks for my bricklayers to finish my back house, they finished up Friday. I think once the roof goes on then the builder can organise trades to get things done ahead of schedule. Definetly something to factor in when building/developing at moment

I have 3 in Perth....... oh noooooooo, at least my Kardinya site is just calving up the corner into 2, no build.

Perhaps one option would be to diversify to other States, they don't have brickie problems in Melb:p combination of development sites in Perth continuing to rise and now the brickie issue it may just make sense.

Have sourced another in Melb its still hard but not as hard as trying to source in Perth, and they don't build in double brick, builds are so much cheaper... it all helps

Prefab stuff from China? Though what I have seen has not been that great.

Once again do you think the Perth mentality can handle this stuff, we are a little behind unfortunately, though I have seen some around the place.

Hi WR
I suppose you could call it a building boom, certainly not like the last boom we experienced in 2001-2007 where it would take 18 months just to build one home.

However, developers have been buying up and building, whether it continues at this pace have no idea. I believe it was originally sparked by FHB sub $500K.

I have 3 in Perth....... oh noooooooo, at least my Kardinya site is just calving up the corner into 2, no build.

Perhaps one option would be to diversify to other States, they don't have brickie problems in Melb:p combination of development sites in Perth continuing to rise and now the brickie issue it may just make sense.

Have sourced another in Melb its still hard but not as hard as trying to source in Perth, and they don't build in double brick, builds are so much cheaper... it all helps

Ewwwww.....

IMG_1605.JPG

What do you guys consider slow/fast development? We are building our (relatively small) PPOR at the moment in Perth and I think the builder is reasonably fast - certainly no delay with brickies at the moment. On site right on schedule for ground floor, worked late and weekends and ground floor walls done in about 8 days. Bricks being delivered end of this week for first floor and at the moment no mention of expected delay with brickies ....fingers crossed it stays that way!

What do you guys consider slow/fast development? We are building our (relatively small) PPOR at the moment in Perth and I think the builder is reasonably fast - certainly no delay with brickies at the moment. On site right on schedule for ground floor, worked late and weekends and ground floor walls done in about 8 days. Bricks being delivered end of this week for first floor and at the moment no mention of expected delay with brickies ....fingers crossed it stays that way!

Everything is going well for me now as my builder has 2 teams of brickies, catch up time for me. From pouring the concrete pad am told my 3 villas will be completed in 5 months. Fingers crossed.

Back