Fat sick and Nearly Dead

A friend of mine has severe stomach problems, that has plagued her for most of her life. Another close friend to her, had mentioned about going to a homeopathic, and she was on a restricted diet (gluten free products, I think).
My friend went to this homepoath, and started this diet, and said after 2 weeks she felt much better. She just didn't want to give up her favorite food..so went back to her old diet.

I have watched her suffer...no yummy food is worth it.

See this is the sort of thing I believe the person suggested mentioning cabbage juice....... I find it weird that Weg insists it is something that can;t have any truth to it at all / a silly superstition held by the dumb (my words, not Weg's, !)
:confused:

See this is the sort of thing I believe the person suggested mentioning cabbage juice....... I find it weird that Weg insists it is something that can;t have any truth to it at all / a silly superstition held by the dumb (my words, not Weg's, !)

As I said above. As soon as a alternative therapy is proven to be effective in treating a disease it is no longer an alternative therapy. It is called medicine.

I take crushed up willow bark for headaches. It's called aspirin. It's proven to work. Therefore it is medicine.

Rubbing a poultice of cabbage and seaweed onto the roof of your mouth has not been tested. There is no proof that it works. Therefore it is an alternative therapy.

Cabbage juice cures ulcers... :p.

Scientific evidence v made up science.

Jaycee, why is it weird to go with the science?

Wondering if you've read these at all? This is very early on the investigative phase, where theories are developed. Do you know what a theory is? Its not peer reviewed science, its in the vane of " I have a theory about that"..
Quotes from your articles about these "theories":

Prof Ian Megson, head of the UHI department of diabetes and cardiovascular science, said: "This research is at an early stage..
"Gluten is one such environmental factor....
"We are also investigating if gluten acts as a trigger for schizophrenia in people who have a genetic predisposition to it."....
"might prevent these diseases developing in some individuals."....
" From the practical viewpoint, careful longterm studies are needed to test the effect of diet in large numbers of early schizophrenic patients and to
test the various subhypotheses presented above."
etc etc etc

Please read references before posting.

Painter I heard Joe Cross on the radio one morning, was impressed with what he had to say. Googled and found his website, which wasn't that good really.

Was just going to bed one night late recently, and there was his movie on tv. For all of the sceptics here, watch the movie then see what you think. He had huge medical issues and he was under medical supervision with all of the medical tests along the way. With his weight loss he was able to stop taking multiple medications, a huge stash of them with terrible side effects in themselves. He meets a morbidly obese guy in America who went on his juice fast, diet what ever you want to call it. This guy first day out could only walk for five minutes before being short of breath and exhausted, watching this guy gradually gain more energy, exercise more and loose so much weight was amazing.

I don't think I am strong enough to go on a total fast, but love his juice, had some this morning in fact. I would like to get in to the habit of having at least one juice a day. Joe Cross talks about all of the micro nutrients this juice contains. Have to say at first it was a struggle but now love it. I have lost 2 kilos with no effort, and no it is not fluid I have lost but weight drinking just one juice a day. I don't feel hungry and do not crave some of the bad foods I would go towards before.

At the end of the day, it is personal choice. Go for it Painter.

Cabbage juice cures ulcers... :p.

Scientific evidence v made up science.

Jaycee, why is it weird to go with the science?

I didn't say medicines don't work, I am reacting to you seeming to put down people for suggesting natural foods etc can be helpful at all to human beings and the tone I perceived your delivery had.

Painter I heard Joe Cross on the radio one morning, was impressed with what he had to say. Googled and found his website, which wasn't that good really.

Was just going to bed one night late recently, and there was his movie on tv. For all of the sceptics here, watch the movie then see what you think. He had huge medical issues and he was under medical supervision with all of the medical tests along the way. With his weight loss he was able to stop taking multiple medications, a huge stash of them with terrible side effects in themselves. He meets a morbidly obese guy in America who went on his juice fast, diet what ever you want to call it. This guy first day out could only walk for five minutes before being short of breath and exhausted, watching this guy gradually gain more energy, exercise more and loose so much weight was amazing.

I don't think I am strong enough to go on a total fast, but love his juice, had some this morning in fact. I would like to get in to the habit of having at least one juice a day. Joe Cross talks about all of the micro nutrients this juice contains. Have to say at first it was a struggle but now love it. I have lost 2 kilos with no effort, and no it is not fluid I have lost but weight drinking just one juice a day. I don't feel hungry and do not crave some of the bad foods I would go towards before.

At the end of the day, it is personal choice. Go for it Painter.
Thanks for the great post.

For those who want to be fit and healthy, movies like the "Fat, sick and nearly dead" are wonderful sources of inspiration. For the skeptics, there is always drugs and wheel chairs.

Cheers

For example, if a patient comes in to see a conventional doctor with an adult Diabetes (type 2), instead of changing the patient's diet to include mainly vegetables and completely cutting out meat, sugar, dairy and processed foods and advising the patient to become active (exercises, gym etc) the conventional doctor will prescribe pharmaceutical drugs (a life long insulin injections and statin drugs being the most popular choice).

If the same patient will see a homeopath or a naturapath. The naturapathic doctor will ask to drastically alter the diet and switch to whole plant based foods (no meat, dairy, or processed foods) and get more active. If the patient takes responsibility and sticks to this new regimen, the diabetes type 2 will be reversed and the patient cured within a few months. Most go off insulin within a week.

Firstly, by conventional doctor, I assume you mean doctor. By naturapathic doctor, I assume you mean naturapath.

You want proof? Just ask most type 2 Diabetes sufferers how their medical doctor is treating them. I never claimed they are instantly put on statins and insulin at the first visit, but that is the treatment they use.

When a doctor says "change your diet" they rarely give detailed advice and it never highlights the fact that diabetics must stay away from meat, dairy and processed sugar. A doctor will usually say something vague like: "Get plenty of exercises, eat a good diet that includes more veggies and fruit and watch your calorie intake."

I'm confused, do doctors advise Type 2 patients to change their diets or not?

It always makes me giggle that those who believe in the powers of alternative mnedicine are so quick to believe any half baked, natural theory even though most are completely devoid of scientific research, yet continually question the most researched, scrutinised remedies.

There is a place for alternative medicine - a small place - but most who promote it's use as an alternative - rather than complimentary - practice, sound like tin foil hat wearers.

And the research they rely upon, as shown above by pieman, is often incomplete, inconclusive or misleading. And that's when there is research to back up the theories.

My dad's bigger than your dad and could beat your dad up in 2 seconds

And your a liar too, so no one will believe you when you say I'm wrong

There.
Beat that !

something and someone else

Interesting thread , and I will add one more to it .

I was having blood sugar issues ( needed to lose weight/’ diet etc) according to my doc and like a lot of people told to change my diet get exercise etc etc , so one day I started looking into it all, and spoke to some people and got some non medical advice ( from people who were actually living with the same issue ) and started to look into things etc. .

One of things that I needed to look at was sugar , so a friend told me about a book called 'sweet poison' by David Gillespie, he traces the history of sugar and how it got into our food chain ( remember obesity is a fairly new problem so something had to have changed in our diet for that too happen ) and what I got from the book was that it made sense , I could see myself in what he was saying , and changed what I was eating and now 15kg lighter with 15 to go , but I'm not on a diet and I eat till I"m full ( important you do this )

Video to watch although its a long one, its about sugar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

If you diabetic or pre-diabetic, lots of very good info on this site , no B/S and its not going to make you feel good either .

http://www.bloodsugar101.com/

Couple of quick points to made a difference to me

The one thing stood out more than anything else I came across

Advice coming from a professionals ( on this topic ) is mostly wrong ( speak to the people who have lived it )

I don’t trust the GI index , its mostly rubbish advice

exercise is nice and its very healthy for you , it helps in a lot of area’s , its also marginal for weight lose ( I ran for a train in late December was it for me ) mainly as to do enough of it at a high intensity is too much when your carrying weight ( your diet is the key )

Here is a site that may explain a few things about what sugar does to you ( the book is better)

http://www.raisin-hell.com/2012/02/...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+raisinhell+(Raisin+Hell)

stuart ( passionate about the effects of sugar )

Diabetic educators will tell thier patients, loose weight, eat healthy, exercise and you can eithier not become a diabetic or lessen the progression of the disease, reduce medications

I didn't say medicines don't work, I am reacting to you seeming to put down people for suggesting natural foods etc can be helpful at all to human beings and the tone I perceived your delivery had.

It's called disagreeing. That's your problem jaycee, reacting and then personalising things because you don't agree with what someone said.

Stick to the discussion only, some time.

It's called disagreeing. That's your problem jaycee, reacting and then personalising things because you don't agree with what someone said.

Stick to the discussion only, some time.

Fair enough, I pointed out what I thought was your problem, why shouldn't you do the same to me.

In two weeks time there will be a vehment arguement about the Paleo diet. Or the atkins diet. Or whatever fad is covered on today tonight.

In two weeks time there will be a vehment arguement about the Paleo diet. Or the atkins diet. Or whatever fad is covered on today tonight.

Ironically / coincidentally even though we're all investors and too good to watch Today Tonight let alone be swayed by it !

Interesting thread , and I will add one more to it .

I was having blood sugar issues ( needed to lose weight/’ diet etc) according to my doc and like a lot of people told to change my diet get exercise etc etc , so one day I started looking into it all, and spoke to some people and got some non medical advice ( from people who were actually living with the same issue ) and started to look into things etc. .

One of things that I needed to look at was sugar , so a friend told me about a book called 'sweet poison' by David Gillespie, he traces the history of sugar and how it got into our food chain ( remember obesity is a fairly new problem so something had to have changed in our diet for that too happen ) and what I got from the book was that it made sense , I could see myself in what he was saying , and changed what I was eating and now 15kg lighter with 15 to go , but I'm not on a diet and I eat till I"m full ( important you do this )

Video to watch although its a long one, its about sugar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

If you diabetic or pre-diabetic, lots of very good info on this site , no B/S and its not going to make you feel good either .

http://www.bloodsugar101.com/

Couple of quick points to made a difference to me

The one thing stood out more than anything else I came across

Advice coming from a professionals ( on this topic ) is mostly wrong ( speak to the people who have lived it )

I don’t trust the GI index , its mostly rubbish advice

exercise is nice and its very healthy for you , it helps in a lot of area’s , its also marginal for weight lose ( I ran for a train in late December was it for me ) mainly as to do enough of it at a high intensity is too much when your carrying weight ( your diet is the key )

Here is a site that may explain a few things about what sugar does to you ( the book is better)

http://www.raisin-hell.com/2012/02/...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+raisinhell+(Raisin+Hell)

stuart ( passionate about the effects of sugar )

Good post. The problem with you posting such things on forums like these, many people will attack you and say "there is no scientific evidence that sugar causes obesity, or that aspartame also causes weight gain" because these people are following the studies of scientists who are hired and paid for by the industrial complex who's best interest is to protect high sales of Mars and Snickers bars, Coca Cola and countless number of other high sugar snacks and drinks. KFC and McDonald's sponsor sporting events...

The doctors then treat these same obese and sick people with drugs and insulin, nutritionists recommend fad diets that never work long term. So the industry keeps selling their sugary snacks, the pharmaceuticals and mainstream medicine are making money treating these people through drugs and eugenics concept is well and truly alive because most of these people do not live past 70 yo.

Call it a conspiracy or not, you are free to accept or reject this idea.

I would personally would love to see all junk food banned and marijuana and other herbal drugs like DMT and psilocybin legalised. And I'm not even a stoner :) Why? because unlike junk food, these herbs that make people happy and high, have never killed a single soul unlike prescription drugs and junk food. Sure some studies claim that marijuana can induce schizophrenia if a person is predisposed to it, but so can a bad diet that lacks essential vitamins and minerals. many people who drink alcohol turn violent and angry and hurt/kill others everyday, yet alcohol is still very much legal, why? Because unlike marijuana it is very easy to tax.

The main and important thing is that you have seen the truth behind it all and can now make an educated decision for yourself to stay healthy for life.

I would personally would love to see all junk food banned and marijuana and other herbal drugs like DMT and psilocybin legalised. And I'm not even a stoner :) Why? because unlike junk food, these herbs that make people happy and high, have never killed a single soul unlike prescription drugs and junk food. Sure some studies claim that marijuana can induce schizophrenia if a person is predisposed to it, but so can a bad diet that lacks essential vitamins and minerals. .

Come on Cheech. There is plenty of evidence that prolonged use of marijuana can cause psychosis. It's not the 'happy high' that you suggest.

Back