Federal Leadership challenge called

Abbott should be given a chance to be judged by the electorate on his performance.

Even "Karl-Marz" worked it all out very early,"IF" you want to control someone just make them a employee,rather then just a wage slave..

Plus I have said this many times Abbott is not the problem it's the people that control him ,he wants to try his best to avoid being disliked but it too late for that..

I can vividly remember that whenever anyone asked John Howard how much longer he would be PM, his response was always "as long as the Liberal party want me".

Tony Abbot's response to the same question is "it's the people that hire and the people who should fire". Basically telling elected Liberal members of parliament to get stuffed - he should be able to do whatever he likes - "we aren't Labor" etc, regardless of the damage he is doing to the Party.

I wonder how they like that attitude? It says a lot about the man...

To be fair, Abbott used that line about the electorate choosing the PM when he was in opposition during the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd saga. At least he's got a consistent message on this issue, even if he may only be acting in self interest.

To be fair, Abbott used that line about the electorate choosing the PM when he was in opposition during the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd saga. At least he's got a consistent message on this issue, even if he may only be acting in self interest.

Yes but it was wrong then just like it is wrong now. We elect MPs - not presidents.

KEEP ABBOTT IN!!
He's about as popular as doggy do lol. The longer he stays around the more he stinks. Keep up the good work Tony ! The people love ya. Ask Campbell. We love making sacrifices while big business screws us. Yep , stay where you are Tony and keep it up, so to speak..

Worth thinking about - 5 PM's in 5 years if he gets the boot...

What the hell is going on here in Aus?

Why can't this Country elect a Leader who will see out a full term, or possible 2, and get a few decent things done for the greater good of the Country?

They (the Parties) keep electing supposedly useless Leaders, and we (the Public) keep voting them in.

Second Opinion

We have been going through abnormal times since 2007.

To the majority of people the Australian economy and government does not look very healthy. May be there is nothing wrong and things are really getting better.

If the Liberal MP's decide Tony is fit to continue then it is good. If not we will get a replacement.

I do not see anything wrong in getting a second opinion. If I am not feeling very well I will visit a doctor. If the doctor suspects something real bad I may get a second opinion.

Worth thinking about - 5 PM's in 5 years if he gets the boot...

What the hell is going on here in Aus?

Why can't this Country elect a Leader who will see out a full term, or possible 2, and get a few decent things done for the greater good of the Country?

They (the Parties) keep electing supposedly useless Leaders, and we (the Public) keep voting them in.

Small target opposition leaders unwilling to outline contentious reform/policies until they secure government. Bill Shorten will probably face a similar problem if elected

Yes. Lying became par for the course during the Howard years.

I think we're all sick of the uneducated and unresearched sales pitches that get channelled to us. No matter what our formal education is, most of us are more aware and switched on than ever before and we need leaders who don't sound like robots.

We also don't want to lock into a backward mindset.

TA will survive the spill on Tuesday. That will inflate his already inflated ego; he'll go on to make even more mistakes. The libs will be back spilling in 6 months, but at the time it will be serious.

I think he will still be there Tuesday afternoon,i was watching MrAbbott speak a few hours ago and a new Man seems to be out there,maybe this was the ego wake up call he needs..it's the people that stand behind him that are to worry..

images

I'd like to see a Turnbull/Bishop combo ... although Turnbull would need to tone down his arrogance projection a little.

At heart he is a very successful businessman, who knows how to lead, make tough decisions and sell the options ... Bishop is a great backup of intelligence, articulation and dignity.

Sadly Abbott is missing all these criteria

I think Malcolm Turnbull will be great. Time for Tony Abbott to go. If TA survives this one then it will only be weeks before another spill is on creating further uncertainty. TA so far done a good job in my opinion but time to move on as too much negativity around him.

Bill Shorten not saying much as really he would want Tony to stay. Turnbull will obliterate Shorten.

I think Turnbull is too left for the Libs. . we just need a leader who will listen to the people and not rip them off. we don't need bad medicine. Do it for the people, its not hard.

I think Turnbull is too left for the Libs.
This is a good point if Turnbull becomes PM. He may be better liked by the public but I think there is a chance he will be torn between his left leanings and keeping the "dries" in the LNP happy. He might end up pleasing no one.

So, what we need is someone who will;

* Look after small business - but not too much, else offend the workers and Unions,
* Look after big business - but not too much, else offend the workers, the Unions and the small business owners,
* Look after the workers, but not too much, else offend the Business owners,
* Look after the welfare sector, but not too much else offend everyone else who works,
* Look after the Climate Change - or is it Global Warming? (don't start me on that)
* Kill all the Terrorists and keep us all safe, but don't spend any wasted money on defense or send our boys and girls to endless and futile wars in foreign rock-throwing countries, that will never end,
* Someone who will lower taxes, yet improve and expand the infrastructure,
* Look after the Indigenous and give them back all the land, give them free everything, but not too much else it offends all the workers,
* Someone we could have a beer with down at the Pub or at the BBQ who is "normal".
* Someone who can create more jobs with more pay, while keeping all our industry on-shore.

Anyone know of that person to apply for the position?

Last edited:
The vote has been bought forward to Monday 9 in the morning,smart move that's just over 24 hours away,glad I'm a longterm Telstra investors because the phones will be running red hot today and well into the night too see which side of the barb wire fence one sits on..

Bah! Humbug!
Tell me after Tuesday what happens whilst I get on with my life.
Both parties change leaders like they change underwear, the 36 backbencher underwear that feel they will be left out in the cold again and will never got worn again are instigating this underwear insurrection, hence wanting to sack the Chief Underwear, accusing him of not keeping them warm, toasty and not guaranteeing them that they will be worn next election.

When it should really be left up to the voters to determine which piece of underwear should stay and which should go.

Sigh! Underwear paranoia....

Back