For all you Perth investors

I think most of us Perthians who have been keeping an eye on things already knew it was going that way and are wondering why it took so long for the media to catch up! :)

Yup, the stock on the market is the leading indicator. Sales history is a 3 month old lagging indicator.

We've been saying here for the better part of 6 months that the stock on market had been steadily contracting, and surprise, surprise, prices have gone up.

Interesting to see that over the past 3/4 weeks the stock has remained relatively steady (although that consists of houses/land/units and thus they have gone up and down but overall remained steady).

Puzzles me why no media is talking about the less than 10,000 listings! They should join SS :)

Because to the plebs watching ACA or TT they are only concerned with how much their house has gone up in value so they can refinance and go OS on that holiday they desperately need. Why would they care about how many houses are on the market???

On the other hand here at SS.....;)

I'm still hoping to get my ppor this year, looks like I may have to hurry up. Lets see if Perth rises above Sydney in the coming years.

I'm still hoping to get my ppor this year, looks like I may have to hurry up. Lets see if Perth rises above Sydney in the coming years.
:)

Hi FM
I like these two markets and investing in both. Certain markets in Perth have been rising, higher end is still soft from what I see.

Where are u planning to buy in Syd?

MTR

Hi mtr,

I'm actually looking at buying my ppor in Perth not Sydney in the suburb called duncraig. I do not ATM have any ip's in Sydney, there all located in western Australia and Victoria. I was referring to that maybe Perth may become more expensive then Sydney in regards to purchasing and renting of resi property in a few years to come.

I've been suggesting on this forum for 18 months to get in on Perth.

Discounts and good buying disappeared 9 months ago, anything below $500s is running out the door. I would suggest if you have the $$$ to be looking at the $550k to $750k range. This is where the action will be in the coming months.

If you have the bank balance to support the $1m+ areas, I feel this too is good buying. There are still lots of distressed millionaires, but if you have that money to splash around I'm sure you're already aware of this.

I've been suggesting on this forum for 18 months to get in on Perth.

Discounts and good buying disappeared 9 months ago, anything below $500s is running out the door. I would suggest if you have the $$$ to be looking at the $550k to $750k range. This is where the action will be in the coming months.

If you have the bank balance to support the $1m+ areas, I feel this too is good buying. There are still lots of distressed millionaires, but if you have that money to splash around I'm sure you're already aware of this.

Thanks Kent
$1m + has been good buying for quite some time.
I think we are heading for some good times ahead.

MTR

would add that mandurah is probably 9 months behind perth, in so far are as the good buys are still there but there's only a few left on the shelf and the market is primed to go... rnets are leaping ahead too.

I also think investment purchases for low priced places in dunsborough presents good buying in a market set to turn

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-dunsborough-112821575?listingType=buy

I only know of those 2 markets because I invest in them - am sure there are other sub markets around where it's not too late as well. Is singleton still cheap Marisa?

wow, big price tag for a non western suburbs location

Yup! I guess they aren't desperate to sell as they haven't been trying to meet market. I think it will take quite awhile for the market to meet it.

I quite like it, but not the price :)

And would it kill them to take better shots? I hate the crap photos when people are asking serious amounts of $$$

would add that mandurah is probably 9 months behind perth, in so far are as the good buys are still there but there's only a few left on the shelf and the market is primed to go... rnets are leaping ahead too.

I also think investment purchases for low priced places in dunsborough presents good buying in a market set to turn

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-dunsborough-112821575?listingType=buy

I only know of those 2 markets because I invest in them - am sure there are other sub markets around where it's not too late as well. Is singleton still cheap Marisa?

Hi John
Singleton is still cheap, lots of the same stock available, typical 4x2 spec homes, sale price today $420-450K, rent for around $450 pw.

But this market is slowly changing perhaps similar to the Mandurah market, behind 6 months.

I have been researching land and house packages North and these currently do not stack up, not enough fat. I would be very keen to get back into building these again, hopefully we wont be too far off.

MTR

Yup! I guess they aren't desperate to sell as they haven't been trying to meet market. I think it will take quite awhile for the market to meet it.

I quite like it, but not the price :)

And would it kill them to take better shots? I hate the crap photos when people are asking serious amounts of $$$

I recently saw a property sold by Jamie Loh, an old school western suburbs agent who has somehow managed to stay in the industry, i suspect purely out of longevity.

$3m crawley apartment and photos were obviously taken by him or someone with a combination of parkinsons and leprosy, on a cheap camera.

An utter disgrace.

What are people's thoughts on duncraig? I like the location it borders sorrento and Hillary's and is on the beach side of fwy north. all those neighboring suburbs r 1m+. It also is still close to the city and offers block sizes of 600 to 700 Sqm. Buying in price is still around 600k for a 4x2. I think this suburb would do well in the future. This of course will be my ppor. Also Hillary's boat harbour is close for me to launch my boat :)

What are people's thoughts on duncraig? I like the location it borders sorrento and Hillary's and is on the beach side of fwy north. all those neighboring suburbs r 1m+. It also is still close to the city and offers block sizes of 600 to 700 Sqm. Buying in price is still around 600k for a 4x2. I think this suburb would do well in the future. This of course will be my ppor. Also Hillary's boat harbour is close for me to launch my boat :)

I like Duncraig - also check Carine if you like the Duncraig vibe. Very good family suburb which helps keep pricing stable. Good PPOR suburb I think - plenty of room for the boat :cool:

Back