Frankston North

For $185k id be sold but the asking price is $250ish. Anyways i have already bought a property on that same street!!

At the moment we (partner and i) are looking into Geelong as an alternative to frankston. Personally i would like another frankston north but my partner wants to spread the eggs...

Cheers,

Matt

safe boat harbor

thanks toni, great to know approval has been given for the marina. just 2 more years to wait before construction is complete. i wonder which suburb will benefit most as far as house price appreciation goes: frankston, north frankston or seaford?

Toni and sabitor84

maybe one or both of you could tell me,

I am quite happy with Frankston South and North atm.

but what I have realised that the yields in the North are much better then the South.

eg properties 3bdr run down houses that are selling for about $220k, are getting close to 5% (4.8%) eg 200-205 per week

while 2 bdr units in Frankston South selling for about $270-280 are only fetching abut $200-$220 which represents about 4%.

I was under the impression that South is far more desirable. yet some of the rentals are the same across the 2 suburbs with the South having a far higher median. I know we are comparing run down 3bdr houses VS neat nice newer 2 bdr units....

that I would love to know...

Actually, I spoke to SEITA yesterday (don;t know who they actually are still),

the proposed road is the same as in the pdf from Bayside and the Melways, however, there are 2 minor changes, one in the Mt Martha Side, and the other one in the Frankston North side, the amended one is that it is going to be moved away from Tamarisk Drive basically next to Tamarisk CREEK and down Centenary Creek and then is back to normal

so I guess properties in Tamarisk Drive are either not effected or not as effected as much, there are sound barriers however, I don't know if this will effect property prices on that street at all though.....

does anybody know what the effect on prices and CG growth of a freeway next or very close to the property even though you can't hear it due to the sound barriers or if you can't see it?

Do you have the Bayview link handy?
Will be great being able to jump out onto the Bypass from Frankston North and drive all the way to the city without stopping or all the way down the Peninsular.
I definietly think the Bypass is going to put more demand on anything beachside of it. Very good news!
Anyone know what kind of impact the Geelong Bypass has made?
Cheers & Beers

Will be great being able to jump out onto the Bypass from Frankston North and drive all the way to the city without stopping or all the way down the Peninsular.
I definietly think the Bypass is going to put more demand on anything beachside of it. Very good news!
Cheers & Beers

by this I assume you mean to the left of the bypass, right???

I guess it would also depend on where you can actually get onto the by pass from Frankston North, I am not too sure where the ramps are or are going to be.

another north frankie bargain

Yes, bayside, its definitely cheapish. . This one will surely double in 4 years And if i'm wrong i'd buy you a crate of VB, is that a bet? In 5 years time we will kick ourselves for not biting the bullet and buying it. I see similar value in select US stocks - pity i'm not more liquid.

Is the road its on a busy one? I guess the block size more than makes up for any busy road.

Frankston Dandenong Rd is busy but the houses are set right back with a service road and the council have planted alot of new trees along the median strip.
There is a bus straight to Frankston out front, wish I was ready to buy again!

Frankston Dandenong Rd is busy but the houses are set right back with a service road and the council have planted alot of new trees along the median strip.
There is a bus straight to Frankston out front, wish I was ready to buy again!

so is your opinion that being on the main road isn;t a problem at all..

I wouldn't have any problems at all buying on Frankston Dandenong Rd, houses arn't that close to the main road because of the service road. Throw up a front fence........ crisis over

strong buy

Totally agree Bayside. Great property which will double in 4 years. As long as there are no road reservations on the title (these allow the government to resume land off ones front yard for future widenings of major roads) this is definitely a strong buy. As you say, a fence up the front and problem solved!

Back