Frankston North

My latest place is very similar to that one shown.

Slightly more run down interior but cheaper and not near the highway!

I wish i had some pics to show you all :(

Matt

north frankston pics

I'm sure you will do very well in North Frankston Sabiteour. Wait your turn *wink* and you'll make a good capital gain. Post some pics for us mate.

north frankston prices rose in latest quarter 2008

What global meltdown? Frankston North prices actually ROSE in the last quarter......by around $7k. More to come as the first home owners kick in and lift things up further. It is only natural for local prices to rise given that they have come off a low base - prices are barely half that of the Melb median. When you consider that most blocks in North Frankston are dual occ sites, ripe for development, there can be no doubt that the market will remain firm. So much for all those naysaying agents!

Hey All,

Just an update. My partner and I are going to move into our Frankston North place for 6 months to claim the FHOG.

We own other property and didnt realise we are still eligable but we are!!

The benefit for all of you is i can provide real, on the spot reports on what the area is really like!!

Going from a nice area to Frankston North is going to be a major culture shock but for $17,000 i can suck it up for 6 months!!

Wish me luck!!

Matt

wish you luck? what the *** do you think you are moving too .... the Bronx?

well if you tell me your adress i will personally come and be the person you expect ALL people in Frankston / North to be.

I bet you would say that about richmond? ..... ohh yes thats right it went from ohh the pines to a expensive suburb.

now say you are sorry or the Frankston North posse will be waiting (with cookies...lol)

Hey All,

Just an update. My partner and I are going to move into our Frankston North place for 6 months to claim the FHOG.

We own other property and didnt realise we are still eligable but we are!!

The benefit for all of you is i can provide real, on the spot reports on what the area is really like!!

Going from a nice area to Frankston North is going to be a major culture shock but for $17,000 i can suck it up for 6 months!!

Wish me luck!!

Matt

Hi Sab, I had the same reservations as you but after 3 months of living here I can tell you it really is a great area. But lets not let the secret out I want to purchase another a.s.a.p
I feel much safer living here than anywhere in the North or West suburbs that for sure.

Yeah keep it quiet fellas, it still spins me out you have to pay $300-$400k to buy on the other side of Frankston Dandy Rd in Seaford when you can buy in Frankston North under $250k
I'd buy and live here over Werribee, Cranbourne, Pakenham, Carrum Downs, Lalor, Epping, Craigieburn, Melton........ any day of the week. The list goes on too
At least Frankston North is close to the beach and it's a well established area with infastructure!!!!!!!!!!!

wish you luck? what the *** do you think you are moving too .... the Bronx?

well if you tell me your adress i will personally come and be the person you expect ALL people in Frankston / North to be.

I bet you would say that about richmond? ..... ohh yes thats right it went from ohh the pines to a expensive suburb.

now say you are sorry or the Frankston North posse will be waiting (with cookies...lol)

Hahahahaha the bronx?? Maybe not that bad, but not far off!!! :p

I'm taking the piss at my own situation. If i seriously thought it was that bad i wouldnt move or buy there.

Obviously i have hit a sensative nerve :eek:

Kind regards,

Matt

Hi Sab, I had the same reservations as you but after 3 months of living here I can tell you it really is a great area. But lets not let the secret out I want to purchase another a.s.a.p
I feel much safer living here than anywhere in the North or West suburbs that for sure.

Which part of Frankston north are you in?

Maybe we could catch up for a chat sometime once i move in (im being serious now!). Would like to have a chat about the area and share ideas etc.

Kind regards,

Matt

Sounds good Sab, i'm 100m from the Seaford Hotel.
I'd definietly be keen to get together for a beer.
One nice thing about Frankston North you will find is all the birds. Its really peacefull waking up to them chirping. Down in Mordialloc we don't have so many.... well except for the odd burn out lol

It doesnt look like it sits on the front of the block either.

When i move down i might have a look if it isant sold before hand.

Kind regards,

Matt

Yeah keep it quiet fellas, it still spins me out you have to pay $300-$400k to buy on the other side of Frankston Dandy Rd in Seaford when you can buy in Frankston North under $250k
I'd buy and live here over Werribee, Cranbourne, Pakenham, Carrum Downs, Lalor, Epping, Craigieburn, Melton........ any day of the week. The list goes on too
At least Frankston North is close to the beach and it's a well established area with infastructure!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I just bought a 4 year old brick town house with 3 bedrooms (all with built in robes), 2 bathrooms, double lock up garage in quiet no through road in Seaford for $275K.

I have rented in Carrum and Carrum Downs for a few years now, no way in hell I'd want to buy a house in Frankston North or Carrum Downs to live in. An Investment Property maybe, but definitely wouldn't want to live there.

The street in Carrum Downs where I am currently renting (until I move into the place I just bought in a few months) has really nice, new town houses (to rent or buy), but there are scum bags around everywhere. My brothers car was stolen, neighbours constantly fighting, obvious drug dealings, ppl doing burn outs all hours of the night, cars without number plates arrive at all hours of the night, etc..

They seem to leave me alone, but my brothers and g/f have been harrassed when I'm not around. There will always be nice people and scum bags where ever you go, but for some reason the "other side of the Frankston Dandy Rd" is a lot better area to live. And why wouldn't you buy in Seaford, in many cases costs the same to rent!

Well I just bought a 4 year old brick town house with 3 bedrooms (all with built in robes), 2 bathrooms, double lock up garage in quiet no through road in Seaford for $275K.

I have rented in Carrum and Carrum Downs for a few years now, no way in hell I'd want to buy a house in Frankston North or Carrum Downs to live in. An Investment Property maybe, but definitely wouldn't want to live there.

The street in Carrum Downs where I am currently renting (until I move into the place I just bought in a few months) has really nice, new town houses (to rent or buy), but there are scum bags around everywhere. My brothers car was stolen, neighbours constantly fighting, obvious drug dealings, ppl doing burn outs all hours of the night, cars without number plates arrive at all hours of the night, etc..

They seem to leave me alone, but my brothers and g/f have been harrassed when I'm not around. There will always be nice people and scum bags where ever you go, but for some reason the "other side of the Frankston Dandy Rd" is a lot better area to live. And why wouldn't you buy in Seaford, in many cases costs the same to rent!

You will find Carrum Downs is much worse than Frankston North now. We arn't talking about investing in Carrum Downs. You bought a Townhouse for $275k thats good but i'd rather buy something with a big land component.
Places change, I don't see anything different about Seaford. It's the same type of people living there as Frankston North. Unless we are talking right side of the Freeway

Sorry but I'd have to disagree with the same type of ppl living in Seaford as Frankston North. Definitely a difference IMO.

Of course your wants/needs are different. You are looking at an investment, I bought because thats where I see myself living for 10+ years.

that which rises in bad times keeps rising when the good times return

Regardless of what people can see at street level, or even the global economy, Frankston North's median price actually went up in the last (very difficult) quarter. The market sees frankston north as a cheap investment destination where you can get a rentable house on a dual occ block very cheaply. It is hard to argue with that. The Bogans will move on to other areas. Perhaps to Carrum Downs.

Regardless of what people can see at street level, or even the global economy, Frankston North's median price actually went up in the last (very difficult) quarter. The market sees frankston north as a cheap investment destination where you can get a rentable house on a dual occ block very cheaply. It is hard to argue with that. The Bogans will move on to other areas. Perhaps to Carrum Downs.

Frankston North's median price may have gone up during the last quarter, but it is still down 5.5% from the March 08 quarter. But hey, don't let that get in the way of a good story...

Also consider the following:

FRANKSTON NORTH:
House Median $ 225,000
Monthly Loan Repayment $ 771
Weekly Rent $ 156
Weekly Individual Income $ 325
Weekly Family Income $ 708.8
Weekly Household Income $ 619.7

http://realestateview.com.au/portal/...orth&state=vic

CARRUM DOWNS:
Median House $ 262,750
Monthly Loan Repayment $ 1200
Weekly Rent $ 195
Weekly Individual Income $ 487
Weekly Family Income $ 1106.3
Weekly Household Income $ 1014.3

Both suburbs have "bogans", but with Carrum Downs being more expensive, why would they all leave Frankston North for Carrum Downs?

Last edited:
Back