G20 in brisbane

Brisbane is hosting the heads of State of the 20 largest economies in next yrs sumit.
What will this dn for property prices, if anything?

It will do zip. A 5 day conference (if that), locking all and sundry out of the CBD with heavy duty security. A bunch of bureaucrats staying in 5 star hotels for 2-3 weeks beforehand.

Unless you are hiring temporary fencing or security guards (or lease storage space/accommodation) then it will have no noticeable effect whatsoever.

While I don't think the G20 will directly influence property prices it may do good things for Brisbane. It will get Brisbane noticed on a world stage and out of Sydney and Melbourne's shadows for a short period of time.

May prompt a few people to look closer at Brisbane as a place to live but would be surprised if this had any impact on prices.

It will probably be noticed for the riots more than anything else. G20 riots can be quite massive, Toronto had to bring in the military.

While I don't think the G20 will directly influence property prices it may do good things for Brisbane. It will get Brisbane noticed on a world stage and out of Sydney and Melbourne's shadows for a short period of time.

May prompt a few people to look closer at Brisbane as a place to live but would be surprised if this had any impact on prices.

Yes i agree

Back