Getting rid of my car

Hi All
Finally getting rid of my car, Peugeot 408, its been a heap of s..., had it for 4 years, birthday present from my DH, it was a nice thought.

However, seems like everything goes wrong with the damn thing. Low kms, I think only around 45,000 km, and I know when I sell will probably only get half what we paid.

I think we should get around $20,000-25,000 for the car. DH paid nearly $50,000 for it:eek:

My new car needs to be practical, accommodate 2 dogs, economical/fuel and around $30,000. I thought a small 4WD, Rav, as would provide plenty of room for dogs etc. I generally only drive locally/inner city areas that's about it. I don't need anything fancy, just something that will do the job, oh yes, and good air condition, that is another X against the Peugeot. Don't really mind a small car, has to be 4 doors, the dogs are smaller breed:)

Please help with suggestions

MTR

I drive a RAV 4. Great car and whilst it's not a small car, they're not a tank either. Reasonably fuel economical but if they create a hybrid version in the future that's what I'll be looking at.

Also good for dogs, but Toyota stocks a rubber mat for the back.

Hi All
Finally getting rid of my car, Peugeot 408, its been a heap of s...,

20542629.jpg

50% after 4 years for a peugot strikes me as optimistic, that would be more like a rav4 residual. use the research feature on carsales.com.au to do a valuation but my guess would be closer to 30%?

Hi All
Finally getting rid of my car, Peugeot 408, its been a heap of s..., had it for 4 years, birthday present from my DH, it was a nice thought.

However, seems like everything goes wrong with the damn thing. Low kms, I think only around 45,000 km, and I know when I sell will probably only get half what we paid.

I think we should get around $20,000-25,000 for the car. DH paid nearly $50,000 for it:eek:

My new car needs to be practical, accommodate 2 dogs, economical/fuel and around $30,000. I thought a small 4WD, Rav, as would provide plenty of room for dogs etc. I generally only drive locally/inner city areas that's about it. I don't need anything fancy, just something that will do the job, oh yes, and good air condition, that is another X against the Peugeot. Don't really mind a small car, has to be 4 doors, the dogs are smaller breed:)

Please help with suggestions

MTR

We got Emma a Subaru XV last year, great car. Very well built. Very reliable (to date), great safety scores and Em gets 100k to 6.8 litres so quite economical for a medium size 4WD. It's very nice to drive, 4 doors and a decent boot. Very happy purchase so far. Priced from about 28k to 36k brand new from memory, depending on trim level.

50% after 4 years for a peugot strikes me as optimistic, that would be more like a rav4 residual. use the research feature on carsales.com.au to do a valuation but my guess would be closer to 30%?

Seriously, that is bad news, better check it out. I just looked at some adverts, but of course not the sold price.

We got Emma a Subaru XV last year, great car. Very well built. Very reliable (to date), great safety scores and Em gets 100k to 6.8 litres so quite economical for a medium size 4WD. It's very nice to drive, 4 doors and a decent boot. Very happy purchase so far. Priced from about 28k to 36k brand new from memory, depending on trim level.

Will look closer at this, boot is important for shopping. thanks

I'd look at Subaru Forrester and XV, Toyota Rav4, Honda CRV and the Hyundai IX35 are all brilliant small to mid 4WD/SUVs in your price and quality range.

Your dogs will almost fit in your glovebox so no issues there :)

We had a Rav 4 from new & it was a solid workhorse. Got rid of it once it reached 300,000 km's as it started to have maintenance issues. Replaced it with another Rav only a couple of years newer, with less than 100,000km's on the clock. Totally in love my Rav's.

Just replaced the second car with a Dihatsu. Again, old model with not a lot of mileage. Should have got another Rav.

I'd look at Subaru Forrester and XV, Toyota Rav4, Honda CRV and the Hyundai IX35 are all brilliant small to mid 4WD/SUVs in your price and quality range.

Your dogs will almost fit in your glovebox so no issues there :)

But that would be cruel, could always stick them in the boot;)

Uh.... should you put your views on the car on a searchable forum prior to off-loading it? :D

Maybe you should talk about it AFTEr some suc..... er.... I mean customer buys it off you?

The Y-man

My sis in law has the rav4 nice car.
My brother got a Nissan x trail.

Rav4 is nicer to drive with more power, but uses a bit more fuel.
For a small car the x trail is huge (heaps more room than the rav) You can lie the seats completely flat, and with a small mattress I can sleep comfortably in it. Fuel economy is not bad, but it's not great either.

At about $10k less purchase pice is worth considering.

Blacky

I'm selling off my car too, but for entirely different reasons. I've lost my license so would like to be rid of it so that I don't have to pay insurance etc whilst not using it.

It's a 2006 white Mitsubishi 380 sedan in great nick (cuz my dads a mechanic); let me know if this suits anyone :p

Back