Getting up early - I'm hopeless !!!

G'day everyone.

Its been a while since ive been in here. I was sure my username was mcs_80 but it seems ive re-signed up as MickStephens.

Anyway, I thought id put this out there.

Does anyone else have an issue with getting out of bed of a morning? I am hopeless !!!

I start work at 8am but always seem to be late. Even on the weekend when I have an event on (I am a car enthusiast) I get up either just in time or late.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone else had this issue and rectified it?

Great to be back and ill be sure to join in more.

P.S. I have still yet to buy an IP. Same story, don't think I can afford it. :(

Set an alarm for the time you should get up.

Get up when your alarm sounds.

Problem solved.

The invention of the "Snooze" button and my "Morning coach" make this something easier said than done hahaha...

I seem to have a "Night coach" and "Morning coach" dialogue in my mind daily. "Night coach" will tell me "Get to bed, get some good rest for a big day tomorrow. Jump out of bed early and start the day with a bang !!!" Then, when the alarm goes off, "Morning coach" seems to convince me that 5 more mins sleep wont hurt, then before I know it its 30mins past my alarm and "Night coach" kicks in again... haha

Are you physically fit and healthy?

The more often I exercise and the fitter I become, the more I spring out of bed in the morning ready to go.

Are you physically fit and healthy?

The more often I exercise and the fitter I become, the more I spring out of bed in the morning ready to go.

Great point. I am over weight and would consider myself un-healthy. 5ft 9' and 120kg.

I don't smoke or drink alcohol but I am a sucker for sweet's and don't nearly exercise enough.

What time are you going to bed?

I'm an early riser though, when I wake up I'm outa bed pretty quickly

When I finish work I get some exercise in, have a feed, wind down and crash

throw out your alarm clock. Do some excercise so youre physically tired, and drink some water before bed.

When you wake up busting, dont go back to bed. Go for a walk or do some excercise or that thing you always wanted to do but didnt have enough time.

The following day you might be tired, go to bed at the same time each night, and get in the habit of waking yourself up rather than the alarm.

The invention of the "Snooze" button and my "Morning coach" make this something easier said than done hahaha...

You need an alarm clock that jumps around. My parents got my niece one for Xmas (some trendy young kid brand - smidgen?). It's a ball that has protective bits to it so you have to chase it all over the room to turn it off! Personally, I'd be most likely to turn it off with a hammer.

But I'm up as soon as the first bird starts chirping.

What time are you going to bed?

Im usually home from work by 6:30pm, then dinner, then chores then relax and into bed at 11:30pm

throw out your alarm clock. Do some excercise so youre physically tired, and drink some water before bed.

When you wake up busting, dont go back to bed. Go for a walk or do some excercise or that thing you always wanted to do but didnt have enough time.

The following day you might be tired, go to bed at the same time each night, and get in the habit of waking yourself up rather than the alarm.

Good point. I think its time to upgrade from using my mobile phone as an alarm.

You may borrow my children for a while. The latest they sleep in is 6am.

Could solve both our problems.

No thanks. :D

You need an alarm clock that jumps around. My parents got my niece one for Xmas (some trendy young kid brand - smidgen?). It's a ball that has protective bits to it so you have to chase it all over the room to turn it off! Personally, I'd be most likely to turn it off with a hammer.

But I'm up as soon as the first bird starts chirping.

I wont have to worry about catching the alarm, my other half will surely kick me square in the nuts if I purchased such an alarm hahaha

G'day everyone.

Its been a while since ive been in here. I was sure my username was mcs_80 but it seems ive re-signed up as MickStephens.

Anyway, I thought id put this out there.

Does anyone else have an issue with getting out of bed of a morning? I am hopeless !!!

I start work at 8am but always seem to be late. Even on the weekend when I have an event on (I am a car enthusiast) I get up either just in time or late.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone else had this issue and rectified it?

Great to be back and ill be sure to join in more.

P.S. I have still yet to buy an IP. Same story, don't think I can afford it. :(
I used to be late a lot until I had my first child and Dr Phil made me see the light.
If you are late all the time it means that you are rude and think your time is more important than everybody/somebody else's time. My mum was always late so I think i got the habit off her but once I heard this it really turned me around! I'm sure he said it a lot better than my version! :)

FitBit has a silent alarm that you could program not to wake up your other half. Arrange it so you have 1/2 hour earlier to go for a walk or do something active.

You're going to bed too late, and not doing enough physical activity.

Start going to bed early (ie 9pm), have a read or watch some telly for half an hour then off to sleep. Get up at 5am, go for a walk or do some other exercise for an hour.

For the first few days it will be tiring and uncomfortable. Then you'll feel heaps better and will love the early starts.

Early bird catches the worm or ummm should that be your wifes quote :p

Anyhow maybe try defrag and reset ie:you start work at 7:30am instead of 8am.
Your car meets eg:start 8:30am instead of 9am.

Trick your brain.

That said though i'm always late,better late than never ha ha.

Btw i work after hours and i could finish eg:10pm-ish or 1am,though i've worked to 4am.

I'm more awake when i'm working and even more alert when i finish work-*sigh*.Takes me 2-3hrs to hit the sack.

I still wake up at the same time and find if i go back to sleep,i'm more tired.

Always been an early riser and not a good sleeper as well.

Sugar is not good for you,maybe swap for honey?

Change in habits,diet and exercise may do the trick.

Just a matter of tweaking,good luck:)

Cheers Spades.

Ps.You got the day off? :D

Pss.
I've got two problems.

1. I go to bed too late.
2. It's freck'n cold first thing in the morning right now. Not a good incentive.

Ha ha Peter,I have the same issue,though i have the incentive to put the ducted heating on in the morning :D
My last Ex though,i swear generated into the grid,i'd be sweating in 5-10mins.Her 4yr old child would be in announcing the sun was up also :D

I've got two problems.

1. I go to bed too late.
2. It's freck'n cold first thing in the morning right now. Not a good incentive.

Yes much the same.

Don't get to bed before 12 too often, makes getting up before my 8hours a struggle. Never really been a morning person. And the cold definitely doesn't help when the bed is so warm and toasty!

Back