Gosh DARN Dodo... Naughty ISP!

Of course, the other way to persuade Dodo to lift their game might be to write a letter such as below to the CEO of the Melbourne Tigers......

Hi Seamus,

Thought I should let you know that one of your primary sponsors, Dodo, are developing a seriously bad reputation in their business dealings with Australian customers.

Just have a look at the disgruntlement
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-search.cfm?s=939&r=5317384
http://apcmag.com/6473/beware_dodos_latest_free_broadband

I am a long term fan of basketball and have attended many games in the past. However, I have decided to boycott attending any basketball games whatsoever, while Dodo continues to be accepted as a major sponsor of a NBL club.

I DO NOT recommend Spin or TPG. Long list of reasons - but basically.. Just, dont do it - you are better off paying a little bit more for quality service rather than a little bit less for a total pain in the a**!

DODO are bunch of D1CKHEADS!

i was with them for 5 years. had some problems with broadband disconnecting. try calling them after 530, 6pm. all you get is indian call centre through a computer. they are worse service ever. i use to like them until they wouldnt cancel moy account, or refund my credit card for taking too many transactions out.

never again.

i use optus broadband now. 24month contract cable 15gig download pm, $49.95per month.

goodluck

okay - i'll put myself out there an say that i pay for bigpond broadband.

(duck for cover) i have never had a problem with them - dropouts, downloads or any other type of problem. their assistance service is always prompt and helpful - and manned by people that speak australian. the system works perfectly and i figure that with 4 people i the house using it (almost constantly after school hours) and having never had a problem or exceeded any download limit - i am more than happy to pay the $60/mth.

i consider it a fair price to pay for no stress, no problems and no irritable teens.

Asy
If you are in a contract
make sure what termination fees there are
sometimes it is worth to stay a couple of months till the contract
finishes. Do your sums first

But Dodo broke their side of the contract when they cut off her service!
We are with Chariot, have been for five years, and have never had a disrupted service (which probably means tomorrow I wont have internet). We have wireless connection with our PC's and laptops, four adults using it, and have even been known to download some TV programs that damn Channel nine either stop showing halfway through a season (ER) or not until some months later (Survivor) with no consequences.

I have heard that internode is very good, but very $$$

I'm with Exetel and they get the job done at a good price. Good uptime, and a nice solid connection. Never have any downtime really.

I don't have a bundled plan with them though. just broadband ADSL. My VOIP is through MyNetPhone.

Exetel put my price up to $45/month recently for my 512/126 plan with 8Gb downloads. Used to be at $40/month.

Cheers,
Michael.

OK! I'm online properly again!!!

I posted my saga at WHIRLPOOL

I ended up going with LIZZY internet They have been fantastic. Andrew has them down on the farm (dialup) and he's found them great.

The CEO of Lizzy (and AOL, Australia On Line) Michael Bethune posts on Whirlpool, and that impressed me, as did some of his answers to people on there, both good and bad.

And, another good thing is, Lizzy has a "mates rates" thing, where if you give out your 'mates rates' number (96228 ;) ) and someone uses that number to join, you BOTH get $1 off your accounts. There's no limit to how many 'mates' you can get discounts through. So, theoretically, if you have enough 'mates' you can get free internet.

This is particularly good for organisations, such as schools or clubs. If you join and have the parents or members use the mates rates number, the school/club can get online for free.

Anyway, I'm with Lizzy now, thanks EVERYONE for your advice.

I can't wait to see what happens with my closed account with Dodo. It'll be interesting to see if they don't charge me anymore. Very interesting.

Thanks again guys.

asy :D

Hi Asy,

Exetel used to have a mates rates programme like that too. But they unceremoniously dumped it and stopped paying the rebates to those who had monthly referral credits. Soon after the put the price up by $5 a month.

A lot of the new ISPs use these sorts of things to build their base up, then discontinue them to start maximising their profits. Lets hope that's not the case with LIZZY.

Cheers,
Michael

Back