Grand Final draw

WTF?

Have a shootout or some extra time or something. Don't want a draw :(

Far too much goes into it from both sides to come away with no result. Far too much organisation to say 'oh well come back next week'

$$$$$$$$

They will play time on next week if it's level at the end of the fourth quarter. Collingwood was involved in a draw in 1977 with North Melbourne.

Some more AFL and catering millions to come.

Come on SAINTS. Please play four quarters of footy next week. :( :) Please......it's been a long time between drinks.

I reckon Goddard should have got the NS.

Yeah I agree, Goddard was terrific. But no NS should have been awarded IMO. Won't they need to announce another NS next week as well or?

Don't follow any AFL but watched the GF. What a let down. I feel sorry for the people that forked out huge $$$ for tickets....do they get free return entry?

Don't follow any AFL but watched the GF. What a let down. I feel sorry for the people that forked out huge $$$ for tickets....do they get free return entry?

Dont be silly.......the come back next week rule is cream on the cake for the AFL. An extra week to milk the punters.

I feel sorry for the people that forked out huge $$$ for tickets....do they get free return entry?

Yep, they all get free tickets.

All of the hotels stump them up for free for another 7 nights.

All of the hire car companies and taxis need to give them free rides for the next seven days

All of the restaurants in Melbourne need to feed them all for free.

All of the airlines will automatically adjust their tickets for free.

The fertiliser down the end of the fairy garden path is free too.

Life is just bliss here in Melbourne. Adam bandt and the Greens are paying for the lot. They are just going to tax the miners an extra 1% to pay for it all. Too easy.

Went for a walk down to St Kilda this arvo. Absolutely brilliant yelling "Go the Pies" at the open air big TV thingo they had. BTW - Acland St cafes sell rubbish cakes !!

Nice sarcasm.

If I buy a "Grand Final" ticket most normal people would expect it to be a Grand Final - is a predominantly Australian sporting term used to describe a final that decides a league champion.

Don't follow any AFL ........
I watch a little but I'm still not on top of the fine points of the rules (never will be) But St K won on a countback. They scored more goals.

Why do they score a point for a near miss anyway? It's tradition and will never change, but it's a joke. No other football code does. A "near-miss" run in cricket is "Out".

If you kick the ball and it goes between the sticks, it's a goal. Doesn't matter if it touches a goal post or a defender touches it on the way. It's a goal!

Stodgy rules bodies make their codes look old hat. This year's soccer world cup had dozens of poor decisions which could have been avoided with electronic review. All that after the previous World Cup was won with a deliberate hand ball the reff was the only one not to see! Geez! Cricket and tennis have seen the need for years. Even the RU have tried and allowed lifting in the line-out.

So many old codgers are still in the last century.

The one positive is that next week's GF Replay will have an extra 45,000 tickets available to members of the competing clubs. Should make for far more noise and emotions in the crowd. Not that yesterday was quiet or emotionless. Although whilst leaving the ground I have never heard a crowd so quiet and sombre. And of course, then it rained, maybe Mother Nature wasn't happy.

The first GF I went to was the 77 Replay when I was 7. And we lost :( Here's hoping to turn that around. Go Pies.

Stupid set up.

After a draw, they need to play another 30 minute quarter, but with two 15 minute halves so each side can kick to each end and to give the players another much needed break.

The AFL won't change the rule though; the next week's game will be worth many tens of millions of dollars to them.

It was a great game.

I'm a Collingwood supporter, and enjoyed ever minute of it. Felt let down at the end, so I can only imagine how bad all the players must feel after no result.

Brendan Goddard was the Norm Smith winner in my book.

BTW - Acland St cafes sell rubbish cakes !!

Agree. It's just an ugly rip off of tourists and dill tweens. Nothing authentic about the place at all.

I'd say the same about Lygon and Brunswick Streets. Many of the restaurants just sell meals loaded with cheap starch and vats of oil.

fantastic game and entertainment, hopefully get to see another grand final next sat! was some brilliant marking and kicking, thought 6 different results, saints, pies, saints, pies to win in last half hour. amazing game.

Stupid set up.
Agreed. What else could you do though? Another quarter? Most teams are nackered after 4 quarters.

The AFL won't change the rule though; the next week's game will be worth many tens of millions of dollars to them.
According to Andrew, it is worth another $15million for the AFL. Well that is what he said last Thursday morning on Triple M when he was asked by Edy what outcome he wanted for the GF.

It's a hung parliament all over again.

Yes, and there was Joolia Goolia saying on t.v. that 'we want a result now'. Asif her voice isn't annoying enough!

...an extra two 5 minute halves is all that is needed for a decider i would imagine, although unlikely in this money spinning world we live in today ;)

Agree. It's just an ugly rip off of tourists and dill tweens. Nothing authentic about the place at all.

I'd say the same about Lygon and Brunswick Streets. Many of the restaurants just sell meals loaded with cheap starch and vats of oil.

ur kidding right?

I am hoping Dazz's comments about the cakes where as genuine as his other comments in that post.

Acland Cakes are sensational.

As for Lygon and Brunswick st of course there are a few dodgy places to fleece tourists but aren't Paris, London and New York the same? The real gems just take a little more digging or a local to show u around. Some of the cafés, bars and restaurants in Lygon and Brunswick st are gems!

Sorry to disagree Bigtone,

I've been to one place in Acland st that looked enticing from the outside. But inside, small & dingy, the cakes we had were a tad wrong ie dry when they should've been moist or vice versa, & the service was very lacking in terms of friendliness.

There are some nice places there though, but they're not all great. Love st Kilda, but it's a little bit too prancy these days ;)

Typical Collingwood the supporters, cant read or write but can draw.

The last time there was a drawn grand final in AFL, 1977, the NRL drew as well if you want to waste some money on a punt at history repeating itself go for it.

I have been to a few matches that are drawn and its a very hollow feeling but thats the game.

Back