Had a bit of road rage this morning..

They are usually looking across at this point with looks that could kill, and usually turn away pretty quickly when they spot me staring back.

great fun.

i usually just blow a kiss into the rear view mirror, and then give them a coy little wink as they pass with a bit of a puckered lip.

it's hilarious, the looks on their faces.

So on a public forum you're telling the world you carry a taser in your car? Might be an idea to delete that comment, performer.

Where did I say I carry? I said many of us. Like some have guns and knives in their cars. Australia is a nanny country, it's illegal to protect yourself. I was always told to use a club lock for self defense. :)

To the right lane hogs,

It's very simple, it's illegal to travel in the RH lane on freeways unless overtaking.
It is also irrelevant to you what speed the guy behind is doing, or whether he is speeding or not or wants to overtake you or not. That's not your concern.
You just need to maintain your correct place on the road, so as to allow the smooth, courteous and safe flow of traffic. Overtake the slower car quickly, and then get out of the RH lane.
Just go to any European country (even crazy Greece/Italy) and watch their overtaking practices on freeways, and on your return, you will quickly realize how disgraceful we are by comparison.

It is also irrelevant to you what speed the guy behind is doing, or whether he is speeding or not or wants to overtake you or not. That's not your concern.

It isn't irrelevant when the guy/girl coming up behind you at a speed far greater than the speed limit is DEMANDING you get out of their way with a lights flash, or horn blast, or the final insult; tailgate at high speed.

Keep in mind that this is behind someone who is already overtaking in most cases, and would usually move over to the left lane once it is clear to do so.

This is when it becomes very relevant, and they need to be made an example of because they clearly have no respect for anyone, no respect for safety, and no respect for the law.

There are those who don't move over immediately for whatever reason, but then the onus is back on the speeding loser; they have the choice to go around the slower driver in the inside lanes if they are in that much of a hurry.

Why be a knob and flash lights etc, and antagonise others because you are running late, or if they simply enjoy speeding to excess because they are a knob? It is bound to cause them more grief from retaliation eventually when they act like a ****** who thinks it's their road.

I see loads of folk in the right lane going slower than the flow at times, but it doesn't give me the need to be aggressive towards them...just go around.

The police should be the ones who provide the lesson to these losers, but sadly there aren't enough of them out there any more.

Bay Veiw the people you are obstructing prolly think the same thing, that there shoulld be more police on the road to make the roads a safer place and stop inconsiderate, selfish, self rightoues road hogs hindering traffic flow. One thing worse than nannys and bitter twisted people telling us what to do and how to do it, is those that physically impose their views on us. You dont know why the cars behind you are in a hurry it could be a medical emergency or some other emergency. Live and let live . It would nt be a very good society if we all went around enforcing what we considered what is right, in our own small narrow mind.

Just go to any European country (even crazy Greece/Italy) and watch their overtaking practices on freeways, and on your return, you will quickly realize how disgraceful we are by comparison.

Agreed, the traffic flow on our major roads is a disaster. they tried to do keep left rule in perth but it was too hard for everyone to comprehend so they gave up. the only way to get to work now is multiple lane changes at a time... 3 to the left, 3 to the right. back again. slam on the brakes because that guy thinks he owns the road and do the docey doe!

actually had to laugh - only 15 miutes ago some truck and ute trying to merge. the stupid ute went flying up onto the verge rather than give way to the leading vehicle. really quite comical at times, thankfully our speed limits are too low for these dopes to get into any real trouble

Bayview Once again. If they have time to go around you have time to move over.

Stop being such a selfish driver.

It is not your job to police the roads.

I wish the police would enforce keep left unless overtaking. But that would require more effort than sitting beside a camera sending a letter in the post.

I wish the police would enforce keep left unless overtaking. But that would require more effort than sitting beside a camera sending a letter in the post.

Especially bayview, when you admitted that you continued to sit in the right lane long enough for 3 x separate cars not driving together to come up behind you then then you continued to stay in the right lane even longer again.

That sounds like a hell of a lot of unnecessary time in the right lane

Unnecessary time in the right lane is dangerous.

Again, I believe some people don't understand why the steering wheel is on the right and why we drive on the left and suggest people overtake on the right.

Last edited:
I dont know why some people even bother speeding. You often see them a couple of minutes later stuck at the same red light!

Last night this black high powered ute with loud music blaring thought it was ok to drive at around 90 km an hour in a 60 zone. I was doing 60 going down Thomas Street subi. Then not too long later I see him up ahead in the right turning lane stuck at the same red light as me to turn right into hay street subiaco. hmmmm why even bother to speed! He ended up just getting stuck behind a bunch of cars at the lights. And I noticed looking at his body posture, his hand was tightly gripped to the wheel, raring to go.

I often get sick of people riding up my bum because i'm doing the speed limit of 60. I know this is wrong but sometimes I get sick of it and break suddenly so as to give them a fright and maybe knock some sense into them. I know I know its bad and 2 wrongs dont make a right. But often this tactic works and they back right off. Sometimes I even pull over so as to the let the knucklehead behind me get past.

omg that reminds me on the way home that same night, there was another car driving on alexander drive near north perth/menora. (Just after the walcott street intersection) Now this guy I didnt get to catch up at the next set of lights because he literally must've been going at least 100 k in a 60 k zone. What a fruit loop. What if someone had been crossing the road at the bend in the road or what if a car was backing out of a driveway around the bend near the ecu there. f**** lunatic he was and this guy is!!!!!! :eek: I tell ya if I'd of caught up to him I probably would've said something to him.

I think it took guts to post this up Investor, been some useful advice and opinions posted, of benefit to many of us. We all get (can get) angry at life/people/situations/stuff, nothing wrong with anger the emotion at all, it's a part of (our) human nature, but what we then do or perhaps act can cause some of us problems. Coasty gave some good tips...maybe also you might recognise the stirrings of the anger begin to build, instead of the volcano affect being let occur, try and kick in with recognising a situation where you might feel yourself 'triggering off'-recognise it at an earlier stage and kick in with (for example), Coasty's tips. Stuff like 'yeah, that driver did a stupid thing, no need for it, now I am getting angry at them, but why the hell give them power over my emotions?' Anger (especially repetitive anger), can cause your body to release certain hormones, (ya know the fight/flight gear right?), and it actually damages your body over time...kick in with something really fun, kicking thefooty with your kids, images of your honeymoon, little dancing garden gnomes, a naked Edna Everage), basically you then train yourself to regain your own power over you, life, events and how you react to them, there is nothing 'wrong' with anger, but it's how we deal with it....boxing or activities to just 'vent' is great too, fun and a chance for you to say, keep fit and vent...I had a dad and stepdad that used to go off their tits at most ridiculous things, so our role modelling can not only come from our immediate family, but we are also (as parents) setting a role model for our own sons and daughters too don't forget.

Hope it goes well mate.

Agree with OO.

We who work in little cubicles, as middle managers (assuming as you have staff), get no time to exercise it out and then one little thing is the straw.

I had a road rage once. I turned on my car and reverse lights to back out of space and the car passing braked, and backed up,.... a little. No where near enough to get out, tried twice and then went back in the space, Got out and went to him and said , do you want he space, he said Yeah" (stupid) so I said then move back because I cannot get out.

I walk back and get in my car and he is bashing on the door wanting to go me. So tempted I was. But I thought, in the end, if I loose I am hurt and if I wins, he sues. No win.

Living in the Country now, people are not as stressed and are much nicer.
Get some exercise, or more boxing.

regards, Peter 14.7

As I've said; I always move over - just not when some hero decides he/she is more important than the rest of us and gives ya the flash/horn/tailgate because they want to do 120+km's an hour and we just happen to be (temporarily) in their way.

They start the whole incident by being a rude, selfish, impatient, dangerous @rsehole, so I just like to give 'em a bit back. You know; give 'em a bit of the old "hey; F you, buddy!"

It happens maybe once every 5 years by the way; it's not an every week thing I do; only if the timing is wrong (for the speeding idiot who wants to flash/tailgate me because I've held them up for 10 seconds, FFS).

Most people are happy to overtake, get left as soon as they are able and let the faster drivers go ahead, and most of those faster drivers who are behind the overtakers show patience and respect, and wait for them to get to the left (as I do) and then they can be on their merry way.

As I've said; I always move over - just not when some hero decides he/she is more important than the rest of us and gives ya the flash/horn/tailgate because they want to do 120+km's an hour and we just happen to be (temporarily) in their way.

They start the whole incident by being a rude, selfish, impatient, dangerous @rsehole, so I just like to give 'em a bit back.

It happens maybe once every 5 years by the way; it's not an every week thing I do; only if the timing is wrong (for the speeding idiot who wants to flash/tailgate me because I've held them up for 10 seconds, FFS).

Most people are happy to overtake, get left as soon as they are able and let the faster drivers go ahead, and most of those faster drivers who are behind the overtakers show patience and respect, and wait for them to get to the left (as I do) and then they can be on their merry way.

And as we've said.... that is dangerous

You shoudl move pover mall the time for the basic reasons explained numerous times.

We know mother people are acting like *********s.. .we know other people act like *********s, we know it's annoying & dangerous. And we don't like the *********s doing it.

But you behaving similarly is pretty much just as dangerous, jsut not on purpose like the rest of the *********s.

Please note - nowhere in this post am I call you an *********, if you perceive it as if I am, I will happily change my post to suit.

All I'm saying is you it safer for "everyone" if you would just get into the left lane and not try & stop those *********s / annoy them whatever cause that can be dangerous and cause innocent people to be hurt if not you or the *********s.

Bay Veiw the people you are obstructing prolly think the same thing, that there shoulld be more police on the road to make the roads a safer place and stop inconsiderate, selfish, self rightoues road hogs hindering traffic flow. One thing worse than nannys and bitter twisted people telling us what to do and how to do it, is those that physically impose their views on us. You dont know why the cars behind you are in a hurry it could be a medical emergency or some other emergency. Live and let live . It would nt be a very good society if we all went around enforcing what we considered what is right, in our own small narrow mind.

I'm not obstructing anyone who is doing the right thing.

I, like 95% of the drivers, stay left, overtake and then get left again as soon as possible.

I only STAY in the right lane during my overtaking when the really speeding dudes insist on lining you up from a half a mile away before you can get over, and give you the "get out of my way" s.h.iit, or fly up my @rse and sit 2 feet from the bumper before I have any opportunity to get over (i.e; I haven't finished passing the car I am overtaking yet).

Back