Help for KKringle

Have to come up with a generic present for a man or woman, age between 16 to 65, around $25. I think this is in the too hard basket. Anyone got any ideas?

small gourmet hamper; coles/myer voucher; picnic rug; beach towels; look at gift sets at places like Target e.g. hot chocolate kits, tea sets, shortbread and jam, bbq sauce and condiments etc etc.
That's about the best I can think of.:)

This time of year there's lots of unique gifts to be found in the foodie regions or craft markets. A basket of organic ingredients for pizza toppings (anchovies, olives, sun dried tomatoes etc) always seems to be well received.

I've always hated KK's where I end up with biscuits, chocolates, bathroom smellies, bottles of wine and other things I don't need, use or want.

Giving food stuff doesn't take into account the whole allergy thing which you have to be careful of nowadays nor their tastes or whether they are on diets etc. so I'd steer clear of anything food or drink.

I'd also steer clear of any kind of service that's tied to a particular shop that they have to travel to which could be a PITA for them e.g. foot massage and the like.

I would suggest a $25 gift card for a popular shop (e.g. Target, Bunnings) found everywhere so they can buy what they want. Suits any sex and all ages.

small gourmet hamper;
It would be miniscule. I bought hampers for the staff last year - $100 each and they were not that big.

A nice set of wine glasses doesn't go astray - always getting broken.

Or; gift cards; too easy and you can't get it wrong, unless it is a giftcard to "Leather and Pain R Us"

Absolutely love the Flying F....ck and the Snuggle Pillow fom the Thisiswhyimbroke website, but think I will stick with the small hamper. I figure small wicker basket from the op shop, biscuits, jam, lollies and bottle of wine from Aldi, cellophane and tinsel around the top.

shop-bought hampers

Not if you put it together yourself BV:).

That's good to see Joan. When I read your post yesterday, I thought about chastising you for suggesting anyone actually BUY a shop-prepared gift hamper.

I imagine a $25 hamper would contain about 15 tea bags and the rest would be the wrapping.

generic present for a man or woman, age between 16 to 65, around $25. I think this is in the too hard basket

The 16 age range puts alcohol out of the equation; whilst most 16 year olds do drink, it would be irrisponsible for a business to allow a minor to receive alcohol at a work Christmas function.

I once got a collegue a new car. It was brightly coloured, looked cool, made of plastic and bought at Target in the toy section. He rather enjoyed the unsigned note that said, "I heard you need a new car!"

Failing that, $25 will get you some nice chocolates that go down well with most people.

Back