Help me find a PPOR - min 1 acre Perth

I have relies on 5 acres near cnr Henley st/Lord st. I don't think flight path has changed. I never noticed planes until 3yrs ago when kids were doing horse riding lessons for an hour. I don't think it was too noisy though. My friend at Guildford with planes and trains and a 450sqm block, I didn't find appealing!

My research has found that in Winter due to prevailing winds that planes will approach from the south and use runway 3. In summer and at any time the winds are favourable they will use approach from the north (over Swan Valley) and land on 21. Runway 3 and 21 are the same runway but called differently depending on the direction of approach/departure as it is named after their compass bearing.

All planes are to use 21 (approach from Swan Valley) whenever possible to minimise noise on higher density areas.

Departure noise isn't an issue for Swan Valley as they head out to the coast or east quite quickly.

I went and saw this one this afternoon.

http://reiwa.com.au/Buy/Pages/More-...1&listingid=10378646&listingno=3380407&puid=0

I had dismissed it previously as it has a 2 creek tributories and the river and figured it for a flooding and siteworks nightmare but decided to check it out today as many of the other blocks are so boring/flat.

It is north of the other blocks so I was hoping the planes would be higher and therefore quieter.

Pluses
- kids loved it. Spent time running up and down hills, through dry creek beds, along the river, through the trees, over a bridge, around old fruit trees, talking to the 2 horses next door.
- more undulating and interesting.
- creek (winter) and river
- more river views than other blocks
- lots of trees (tree rustling seemed to drown out more plane noise)
- some old fruit trees (pear, oranges and something I couldn't identify)
- 14 acres
- about 200m in from the road there is a shed with water - presumably the water is run to that point

Cons
- possibly has 1 in 100 flooding areas (99% sure it does but don't know how much)
- need to run in services from the road (and shed location)
- still has planes but not so loud

Nice! My friend was renting there a couple of Years ago. She felt a bit isolated so moved back closer to Perth and then another one of our friends moved there. She loves it.

Some pictures from today

Attachments

• IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 69
Waaaaaahhhhhhh :(

Been to see a million places (ok so maybe 10 or so physically but a zillion online) and can't find the right one.

Either the river bank is too steep and I'd need to be a mountain goat to see it so what's the point of paying for it OR the land is too low and a flood plain. The flood plain is growing on me and we would just raise up the house. But still there is none available that we like - there was only one on the market and it's super long and too skinny - if I have 10 acres I don't want it 70m wide.

So I have first world down in the dumps glums.

Maybe there's a glut in the market? Not much new product coming on the market as everyone is stuck trying to find their next dream home.

Did you say no budget??
Did you say free help and advice for a year? I trust this means there will be no discount for the last 3 years of help and advice...?

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-lifestyle-wa-west swan-7600111

Ok - im onto it :D:p

Yes I did say no budget :eek:. This one is 9m - which would be better value if you could actually see the river from the beautiful house. But no.... the polo field is between because it's all flood plain.

So it's a no.

Not sure what I'd do with all those grapes but this one is a no because of the lagoon. According to City of Swan a real mosquito problem.

Mountain goat territory to get to river.

I thought I found a possibility last week in Caversham but when I rang up about it it's not on the market anymore.

But to be realistic - I'm not going to spend 9m :eek:. I can't see how that 9m is value for money when you can buy many places for under 2m. Is that house worth 7m?!?!?!?

For that, I think I would be pulling the kids of their preffered school.

Changing schools isnt and traumatic as it first appears. I did it 3 times and look at me, Im almost perfectly normal and the twitches are barely noticable nowadays.

I have been looking at Gidgie a little. I saw one of those in that estate did have a creek

http://www.realestate.com.au/proper...roject-profile-ppp-600002643-to-pdp-200615795

I could home school (vomit!!) or send them to Guildford Grammar

Back