Help me find a PPOR - min 1 acre Perth

What about something like this. Offer $1.5. You could squeeze into the house while you build your home. What are the granny flat rules there? Could you keep the original house as a granny flat? If it's a transportable, could you sell it. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-henley+brook-114528075

What are river loams??

River loams are REA code for flood plain :) I have considered that one but it's only 75m wide - another super skinny weird block. The house I have designed is about 50m wide (whoa mcmansion!!) thanks to it's 8 car garage. No seclusion at all with neighbours that close.

I thought Guildford grammar was boys only once you hit high school.

It is, so C would need to go to it's sister school if we moved the kids. Umm Perth College?

Righto - we're off to see a silent listing in Henley Brook, then big circle to a property on Toodyay Rd, then Jane Brook and home via Caversham property that listing has expired.

I thought Guildford grammar was boys only once you hit high school.

38 degree block stomping is not ideal.
Henley brook one is on Gnangara rd which is handy for Ellenbrook amenities but kind of sucks. We'd need to bulldoze everything but it has some nice trees and a brook. Prob worth subdividing in 10 years.

Toodyay rd one was nice. Creek was dry but good price and 11 acres.

Made it to Jane Brook next to check a 4.5 acre lot next to Mirvac's highland estate. Bargain price of $650k with a winter creek and the kids loved the mirvac playground within walking distance. Family of roos acting as lawn mowers on the block. Also possible city views.

Didn't last for final place I wanted to see.

38 degree block stomping is not ideal.
Henley brook one is on Gnangara rd which is handy for Ellenbrook amenities but kind of sucks. We'd need to bulldoze everything but it has some nice trees and a brook. Prob worth subdividing in 10 years.

Toodyay rd one was nice. Creek was dry but good price and 11 acres.

Made it to Jane Brook next to check a 4.5 acre lot next to Mirvac's highland estate. Bargain price of $650k with a winter creek and the kids loved the mirvac playground within walking distance. Family of roos acting as lawn mowers on the block. Also possible city views.

Didn't last for final place I wanted to see.
Ok, I won't boast that I just got back from watching the kids ice skating and reading a book although my fingers were getting a bit cold in last 15 minutes. My relies at Henley brook recently answered a council survey if owners of acreage would like zoning changed to Resi. Maybe ring swan and see if any plans in place?

The Jane Brook one is on my mind.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-wa-jane+brook-200736047

It's 4.6 acres which is smaller than may we have seen lately but was quite lovely thanks to natural slope and outlooks. Got some great suburbia aspects (some neighbours, playgrounds etc) but still secluded and room for lots of toys.

It borders Mirvac Highland Reserve which has a lot of 2.5 acre lots and $$ spent on beautiful parks. My niece has bought a lot in there and will be building this year too.

Due to it being next to John Forest National Park and sloping land it has fairly scary Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) of 29.

How do you fit ones' Mcmansion on a building envelope that is 1100sqm (37 x 30m). I need to fit a house, pool, machinery shed/barn and 8 car garage in that?!?!?!?

I saw that Jane Brook one, apart from looking everywhere else in the country. have a love of acreage and mountains, and space and flowing streams .. just not bushfires. It is so pretty from the pics.

Hey, just get loads of insurance and if your home goes up in flames, put up a bigger better one :)

Well we might have some action!

We have made a verbal offer on a property this morning (at an almost offensive discount) and they have asked us to formalise it, which we'll do tomorrow.

It's not a yes but it's not a no. Still plenty of potential for it to all end in tears but we made it verbally as we didn't want to waste their time (or ours!) if they weren't going to consider it at the discount.

Fingers crossed.

Well the other offer did end in tears but we call it "vendor education service" because they are quite set on their price which is too high for the market.

We did put another offer in on Friday for a place. Murphy's law says that I leave the country and almost perfect block comes up. I managed to get O&A paperwork to me in Singapore which arrived just as I was at the Tanah Merah ferry terminal so I filled it out and accosted a random stranger to witness it. Poor person!

I had a 20 days due diligence clause in it because it has flood plain on the block and I need to make sure we can build on it. The seller has rejected my 20 days but likes the offer. So I'm now in Indo stewing as it's the weekend and there is nothing much I can do besides google A LOT!!

Come Monday I'm onto my Town Planner that I have for the Highgate debacle and I'll see if he can do it for me.

Oh and DH isn't with me and is outside mobile coverage so he doesn't know any of this :) "Surprise honey, I bought our block without seeing it!!"

Another offer done. Let's see if we get this one.

I have convinced DH to finally stop looking at houses and look at something that we can just build on. No point paying for someone else's taste and beautiful stables that we have no need for.

10 acres of land - enough to let loose on but hopefully not lose the kids. Microchipping doesn't hurt does it?!?!?!? :cool:

main.jpg

Awesome piece of land.

Very curious to see what you build also, as we (company I work at) have just started a house on a similar piece of land in South Yunderup that backs onto the river. 190m2 Garage, 3 double doors @3.6m high. Amazing house IMO. Very well designed by the owners.

I would love a similar set up, but think I am a few years and a few investments away from that. Backing on to water is a dream.

Awesome piece of land.

Very curious to see what you build also, as we (company I work at) have just started a house on a similar piece of land in South Yunderup that backs onto the river. 190m2 Garage, 3 double doors @3.6m high. Amazing house IMO. Very well designed by the owners.

I would love a similar set up, but think I am a few years and a few investments away from that. Backing on to water is a dream.

Still waiting to hear back from our offer but seeing as we are looking at acreage our design work has started by me (months ago!!) as I knew I could convince DH.

Most likely we'll go single storey to save costs as there is plenty of land. Unfortunately we've not been able to find a piece of land where we can actually see the water from the house - well not within our price range. A 4 x 3 McMansion :D with a large study as both DH and I work from home.

On this block we'd build near the clump of trees in the middle and then try and build a viewing platform near the slope down to the river.

Still waiting to hear back from our offer but seeing as we are looking at acreage our design work has started by me (months ago!!) as I knew I could convince DH.

Most likely we'll go single storey to save costs as there is plenty of land. Unfortunately we've not been able to find a piece of land where we can actually see the water from the house - well not within our price range. A 4 x 3 McMansion :D with a large study as both DH and I work from home.

On this block we'd build near the clump of trees in the middle and then try and build a viewing platform near the slope down to the river.

The house we are doing is around 750m2 total single storey. 5x3 with study and theatre, kitchen/scullery/alfresco kitchen.

Doing an owner build or going to shop it around?

The house we are doing is around 750m2 total single storey. 5x3 with study and theatre, kitchen/scullery/alfresco kitchen.

Doing an owner build or going to shop it around?

750m2 internal??

i lived in a 600m2 home once and found it too big, how many of you will there be?

Back