Help Please. Scoresby? Wantirna? Wantirna South?

Hi, all
I am really struggling with choosing a property for my parents. They have a maximum budget of about $650K. But ideally, they want to limit the price under 600K to have a bit money in the bank for their retirement. They don't know anything about properties and I am not any better.

I have been to few auctions just to get the feel of the market.

What I am looking for (based on my limited knowledge on property):
- SE (work in Glen Waverley)
- decent block of land 700m2+(land appreciates?)
- don't mind a bit of work around the house to add values instead of paying renovated houses (new things depreciate? )
- 3 bedroom+

I am looking at Wantirna South to start with and quickly realise the price is quite high for my parent's budget. I don't mind putting my own saving(about 70k) into their place since I am gona live in it for a while. But still not ideal.

Now I am starting to look at Wantirna which is a bit cheaper. I also looked at Scoresby which is a place with a lot of question marks...

Scoresby
What is the field above the Chesterfiled Farm?? I googled for hours and couldn't figure out what is that big field? Anyone? Scoresby seems pretty cheap around 500k-550k, don't know why can anyone share what they know about the area?...and Mirvac is developing on the side of the Stud rd. Hopefully the future value of the suburb can benefit from it.

please share what you know about these three areas Wantirna? Wantirna South? Scoresby? and your preferences. or other suburb you will recommend (SE)

Thank you so much for all the comments in advance. I truly need some help!

Back