How do I clean paint from polished floor boards?

We're pulling up the carpet in our PPOR to reveal beautifully polished floorboards underneath. However there are flecks of paint on the floorboards. They obviously painted prior to laying the carpet.

Can anyone tell me an easy way of removing the paint without damaging the polished floorboards???

Also, the best way of getting up those pesky staples?????

If it's water based paint ...the flecks may be able to "scraped" off carefully with a paint scraper. How much time and patience have you got ? And you'll probably end up with scratches everywhere unless you're super careful.

If it was me, I'd call my floor sander and get him to do a light sand all over and one coat of lacquer. Should come up a treat.

The staples... persistence beats resistence. Some good nail pliers in various sizes and a set of knee pads.

Good luck .
LL

Metho will disolve water based paints in many circumstances. You might be able to scrape most of the paint off then get rid of the remainder this way.

And if you weren't in NSW I could have got my hubby to come round and resand your floor for you! He won't do it here as a job because he said it's too dam hot, but if anyone close by needs any tips or advice, feel free to ask, cos even though we don't have our business anymore, still know a bit about it. LOL

Cheers
QB

Back