How to remove bees/wasp wax/honey

My door hasn't been opened in years and when I opened it there was all this honey/wax/sap like substance stuck between the doors and the frame. Does anyone know how to remove the sappy substance.

My door hasn't been opened in years and when I opened it there was all this honey/wax/sap like substance stuck between the doors and the frame. Does anyone know how to remove the sappy substance.

It sounds like the door frame timbers have been oozing sap - installed too green at the time perhaps?

Scrape it off and then google "tree sap removal" - lots of advice there :)

eucaluptus oil from supermarket or orange oil or in hardwear sctiont here are a bunch of things eg goof off

all remove sticky substances

call a hardware store and ask them also

maybe use a scourer.

also hot water and some soap can take it away totally sometimes.

francine

It wouldn't be honey or wax, unless they were inside the door itself and it is leaking out. We just had a swarm of bees move ito one of the walls of our house. In 3 days there were several thousand bees (about a 10L bucket full solid) and numerous sheets of beautifully constructed honeycomb in the wall cavity. The wall was hot to touch and buzzing. They do not muck around! We had to get a beekeeper to re-house them in a hive and take them away, after pulling off the wall sheeting.

It sounds like you have something form wasps or sap. Either way, hot soapy water should disolve it.

When i get bees, I kill them with a fly swat. Although the name suggests they are for flies, they also work really good on bees too.

Boods

Back